Galway Utd vs Derry City Match Thread.

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Galway Utd vs Derry City Match Thread.

Post by marcoloco »

Joe i'm in agreement with all that.

The next 2 games, call it want you want, but our season rests on the outcome of these two critical home fixtures.

I gave up on Higgins a long time ago. This season has been like a long, painful slog for me and regardless of what happens in the next 2 games I don't want him in charge next season.

However, if he pulls 2 wins out of a hat and is sitting in the next round of the cup and is still in the title race then it will go some way to proving me and others wrong in some ways. I hope he does it, my ego can take it, but I have a feeling he / we won't.

Worse case scenario is losing both games or losing and drawing with Rovers and being proven right.

For me only 2 wins will suffice. But based on what's on the pitch it'll be a big ask.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Well we are at the 'business end of the season' now, no more excuses. If the manager and squad have been taking it easy up to now, or playing tactically to get to this point still in contention, then surely now is the time to make our charge?

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Unfortunately I think it makes it less likely that there will be a change in approach between now and end of the season.

As well as the "business end of the season", another cliché is the Mick McCarthy "if you'd offered this at the start of the season, I'd have bitten your hand off" special. It deliberately ignores all the missed opportunities up to then.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

rodgers wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:17 pm Unfortunately I think it makes it less likely that there will be a change in approach between now and end of the season.

As well as the "business end of the season", another cliché is the Mick McCarthy "if you'd offered this at the start of the season, I'd have bitten your hand off" special. It deliberately ignores all the missed opportunities up to then.
Expect a lot more "they're a top side, so a point is a good result" or "X is a tough place to go to" before this season ends.