Derry City "V" FCB Magpies - 11-07-2024

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Re: Derry City "V" FCB Magpies - 11-07-2024

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Two set piece goals conceded. We will never learn.

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Hopefully this is the evidence the people in charge need that we aren't getting coached.

It was pretty obvious 3 or 4 games in we were wasting time with the current set up. We can still go through this tie, and win the league if we act now.

Please stop playing Shane and Kelly.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Paddydcfc2010 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:52 pm Two set piece goals conceded. We will never learn.
Not with the current incumbents. No.

Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Feel sorry for the 250 fans who went over to watch that.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Paddydcfc2010 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:00 pm Feel sorry for the 250 fans who went over to watch that.
We've been poor all season. It's not come as a surprise.

Every one of them should be let in for nothing next week...

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

To use your own words a BIG defeat to a Dand D outfit. Time to go maybe?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Being knocked out of Europe by a Gibraltarean team would 100% be a sacking offence. The only consideration would be whether or not we could get someone else good enough to take over for the league run-in and beyond.

Over to Higgins to save his job next Thursday, but the signs aren't good at all now.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

We've been poor all season. And if we are being honest for large parts of last season too.

They are a pub team. It can't be dressed up any other way.

He'll keep his job regardless until the Shels fixture... but that could be his last game.

anderlecht

Post by anderlecht »

If any result/performance should seal the manager's fate this surely has to be it. I have no UEFA coaching qualifications so I might be missing something but what is the point of upsetting the attacking balance of the team by leaving out Duffy and playing Mc Mullan out of position simply to accommodate Kelly in the team which has been the case for a number of games?

jungleoldie

Post by jungleoldie »

Team on an alarming downward trend
Ageing slow defense
Pondorous mf orther than Adam o reilley
Wingers powder puff
Striker can't get any service
Maybe our manager is out of his depth
But will take more than a change at the helm to cure this
Look around you at the brandywell empty seats paid for no one in them
Il always be a city supporter but let's hope
Phil dosnt get bored or we really are in the
Mire

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

No maybe about it Higgins IS out of his depth.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Are Drive 105 having a laugh?

Tonight's First Quiz question on Drive105.3 FM is this. Despite an awful result tonight let's remember true fans stick with their team through good and bad. So with that in mind looking back who can tell me what year Derry City won the treble. If you think you know give me a call on 02871262888 or text 07786207957, or email Live@drive105.co.uk with your name number and answer.

Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Think the local media are all a bit too pally with Higgins and are afraid to ask the hard questions.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Paddydcfc2010 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:32 pm Think the local media are all a bit too pally with Higgins and are afraid to ask the hard questions.
I mentioned this a few weeks back and was told I was wrong.

I listened to the commentators tonight who called the performance "patchy" in the 85th minute.

Patchy!

I have no doubt when they speak to RH later, they'd ask about the Patchy performance. Instead of saying to him, " we were absolutely terrible today and have been for most of the season, what's going on?".

But sure we are 2nd in the league, so it's all OK.

This is easily the lowest standard loi I can remember. That's why we are 2nd. So much is wrong with the team, it's hard to know where to start.

It's still so slow. Every game like a training session. The 2 centre half's are now a liability is most games. I have not see 2 players turn as bad as quickly.

Midfield? Appears oreilly is only one performing this season. Not good tonight but no-one was. Patching has annoyed me so much now I'd prefer never to see him play for us again. Strolls through games. Thinks he is better than he is.

McMullan has turned to shit. Can beat a man can't cross, can't so much right. Hoban is getting no supply.

And our new signing. Why did he not get some minutes tonight so show if he could do anything? We brought him in to supply extra class for Europe and league run in, yet he's sitting watching as we lose to Magpies. Baffling stuff.

I made it clear early in the season that I think we should have started this season with a different manager. But a few questioned my logic. If we change manager this week, we still could have a serious go at the return leg, and even the league. Let the team play and go down fighting. But if RH stays, we will win neither.

Finally, the empty seats at the Brandywell have been hard to look at in the last few months. He is emptying the place, despite us being 2nd, so explain that? Imagine if we were mid table fighting for nothing. And we are building an extra 2900 seats! Good luck with that.

Not much more to say. Will people buy £27 tickets now to watch us next week? It could be a quarter full stadium for a euro tie. And the management team should take a good look at themselves.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

You weren't told you were wrong, you were asked how do you know? Big difference because behind closed doors you have no idea what is asked unless you are there.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

brandyball wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:23 pm Are Drive 105 having a laugh?

Tonight's First Quiz question on Drive105.3 FM is this. Despite an awful result tonight let's remember true fans stick with their team through good and bad. So with that in mind looking back who can tell me what year Derry City won the treble. If you think you know give me a call on 02871262888 or text 07786207957, or email Live@drive105.co.uk with your name number and answer.
I don't think Gerry has a clue about football. He has nothing to do with MNL. If you are feeling a bit sensitive either change your feelings to your sensitivity, or contact him directly to complain rather than score points.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

I missed that Boyce didn't seem to be in the squad either. Does anyone know why he was missing too?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:31 pm
brandyball wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:23 pm Are Drive 105 having a laugh?

I don't think Gerry has a clue about football. He has nothing to do with MNL. If you are feeling a bit sensitive either change your feelings to your sensitivity, or contact him directly to complain rather than score points.
Who's being sensitive now? How can I contact anyone when post didn't carry a name. The issue i have is post stated true derry fans get behind the time during good and bad times
Not sure it's the role of a local radio station to call out fans that express opinions when team isn't playing well especially when the drive commentators said the team didn't play well and the fans had a right to boo them off!

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

First of all, the contact details are included in your initial post, never mind the Facebook post. Maybe one of those is how you contact them.

Secondly a local station isn't 'calling out fans'. One person has made a flippant comment trying to get listeners to pay attention to his programme and he just succeeded.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:09 pm First of all, the contact details are included in your initial post, never mind the Facebook post. Maybe one of those is how you contact them.

Secondly a local station isn't 'calling out fans'. One person has made a flippant comment trying to get listeners to pay attention to his programme and he just succeeded.
One person under the banner of drive 105. " he knows nothing about football "but is posting about a football team it's game and it's fans?