Derry City Youth Academy

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Derry City Youth Academy

Post by TenaciousDee »

Previously I have conducted interviews with Hugh Harkin and Mark McCrystal regarding their work with the Youth Academy. The publicity and coverage around the youth team in my opinion has lacked so I had taken the initiative to get a better focus on the matter on Drive 105's Match Night Live.

Last night, if you listened to our coverage, I featured an interview between Stephen McClelland, MNL Presenter, and Ryan Coyle, U15's coach. They discussed the challenges and rewards of coaching the age level. https://youtu.be/-yAoGY2zdu0?si=oZVthplYIFUiF12f

I have set up a dedicated playlist to the Academy and we hope to expand it in the same manner as the Women's team.

TenaciousDee

Re: Derry City Youth Academy

Post by TenaciousDee »

https://youtu.be/yUzLlmz7K6s?si=NEsAU6dYmvYKK9DK

This interview was originally broadcast on April 19th on Drive 105MNL

Join Dee Curran for an insightful conversation with Mark McCrystal, the Pathway Development Manager at Derry City FC. In this exclusive interview, Mark delves into his pivotal role in nurturing young talent and ensuring their continuous development. He sheds light on the strategic support provided to young players out on loan, helping them thrive and stay connected with the parent club.

Mark also discusses the significant influence of senior players participating in U20 squads, and how this dynamic enriches the overall team experience. He explores the challenges and opportunities for young players stepping up to compete in the U20s league, and addresses the repercussions of the Ulster Senior League's collapse on local football development.

Additionally, Mark highlights Trent Doherty's remarkable journey since his transition from Derry City to Liverpool, showcasing the potential and growth of homegrown talent. This interview is a must-watch for fans and aspiring footballers eager to understand the intricacies of player development within a top football club.

Don't miss out on this in-depth discussion with one of the key figures shaping the future of football at Derry City FC!