$h€l$ vs Derry City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: $h€l$ vs Derry City Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:37 pm The Classic Higgins result 0 O. Great GOD The “ modern ‘ FOTBALL MANAGER ?
I responded to the loss of 6 points against the vv poor Bohs and Galway by claiming a point against a worse side the fans need to understand I signed crocked players. And dud players and boys who just can’t play so 0 0 is a good result We the fans aren’t mugs Higgs although travelling away in numbers to Dublin maybe we are. ??? Mc Jannet is not a midfielder Kelly is not a player. Mullan is …… I’m lost Patching shows up once in a while 1 shot on target Connolly could have played c back on his own against this lot So bring on another c back when we needed a goal Welllllllll😫but 0 0 is your beloved result
The league is effectively handed over so go quietly
Is that you supporting The Manager? :lol:

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

eugenio wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:37 pm The Classic Higgins result 0 O. Great GOD The “ modern ‘ FOTBALL MANAGER ?
I responded to the loss of 6 points against the vv poor Bohs and Galway by claiming a point against a worse side the fans need to understand I signed crocked players. And dud players and boys who just can’t play so 0 0 is a good result We the fans aren’t mugs Higgs although travelling away in numbers to Dublin maybe we are. ??? Mc Jannet is not a midfielder Kelly is not a player. Mullan is …… I’m lost Patching shows up once in a while 1 shot on target Connolly could have played c back on his own against this lot So bring on another c back when we needed a goal Welllllllll😫but 0 0 is your beloved result
And don't forget Eugene that uefa now insist that you go on a course to get your coaching badges, so you can produce this putrid product for the fans to pay and watch. No badges, no job.

You couldn't make it up.

I'd rather we played attacking football and lost than what is passing as football these days. No doubt our genius of a manager will claim it was a great point earned. Just read a Shels fan on a footy website say it was easily the worst game he's seen this season.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:19 pm
Brandy. You are awfull but I LIKE YOU. FEELING V V PEEVED AFTER WATCHING SUCH TOSH We have a lot of mercenaries here now get them out

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:19 pm
Brandy ooo you are awfullll but I like you So bloody fed up by what I ve had to watch esp mercenaries getting big money and cronies calling the shotsc

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

Fellow managers are now openly saying we are easy to play against and offer no threat - read Duff and Caufields post match comments.

We are dull and offer no threat attacking wise.
We are easy to play against.
We have not changed nor improved in 4 seasons.
We have zero chance of the league at present.
Today we have a left back played as a left winger.
Then we take off a good winger for a rubbish winger.
Then we swap a defender for a defender with 5 minutes to go against a bucket team who had not one shot all game.
5 at the back all game against zero pressure.

The fans at the game were very very unhappy, some players took offence at the end of the game with the fans.

Then the manager talks it up after the game as a good point.

Ask any fan at the game today, most were disgusted; Shels were rubbish and we came down played 5 at the back, no shots on goal, and say it is a decent point. Absolute rubbish.

We are going nowhere at present and this season is a mere continuation of the dull, lifeless, dire football over the last 3-4 seasons.

1st phase of games almost over and it is obvious we will not win the league.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

1st phase of games almost over and it is obvious we will not win the league.
[/quote]

We were never winning the league. :lol:

There's a few that come out with nonsense every year but the majority can see that we are not, and are nowhere near, ready to win a league. With that squad and the money invested we're treading water. I think Shels, Pats and Bohs will grow stronger so that window to do something is closing. We've just not been the same team since Renolyds left us and the debacle of finding his replacement sums it all up.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

We are whinging away and looking to ditch personnel. Have a look at what Dundalk supporters are living with now and will they follow Cork? Stressing players and those trying to get the performances out of them isn’t helping. They’re being paid well but self doubt is there and not aided by our responses or benefitting anybody. A change in upping the way we support may make an impact and raise self belief among the team.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

paul60 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:09 am We are whinging away and looking to ditch personnel. Have a look at what Dundalk supporters are living with now and will they follow Cork? Stressing players and those trying to get the performances out of them isn’t helping. They’re being paid well but self doubt is there and not aided by our responses or benefitting anybody. A change in upping the way we support may make an impact and raise self belief among the team.
So are you saying we should all shut up, say nothing, call out nothing and dutifully sit and applaud the team and manager each week?

Yeah, that'll work.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

paul60 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:09 am We are whinging away and looking to ditch personnel. Have a look at what Dundalk supporters are living with now and will they follow Cork? Stressing players and those trying to get the performances out of them isn’t helping. They’re being paid well but self doubt is there and not aided by our responses or benefitting anybody. A change in upping the way we support may make an impact and raise self belief among the team.
Listen when you travel long distances. Clap applaud good stuff that’s NOT getting at players When we play staccato stuff along the back. Cannot take a shot or beat an opponent that’s not SPECTATORS That’s PLAYERS or TACTICS That’s what we are angry about THE SAME BORING TACTICS The useless players selected the same injury prone players signed That’s our beef
Re ditching personnel Who will prob get the bullet from our boss again. Shane Coll Doherty. That’s ditching good players Poor players selected Good. Players benched someone has to say. “Come on you’re highly paid you’ve got the money justbCOACH and manage . Earn your keep

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Ruaidhri said the fans had evry right too boo the team off, as he isn't on social media he won't know the "Whinging" that's taking place.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

i go to a lot of concerts The performers Always always. entertain One star. had a bit of a cough He brought along a young lad from Omagh to entertain us Then he himself changed his to act to suit his voice on the nightIt was magical standing ovation stuff
we have Maher. best in Ireland Boyce Connolly Mc Jannet at c back mind Shane Coll Doherty. Mighty plsyers best in the Lesgue by far by far We don’t winge at them then we have Duniniicsn Fats. Whelsn Mullan even Hoban signed with doubts over fitness Dialo missed Cup Final and vital games etc
then Duffy expected to
do miracles. Mc Mullan a worker with no crossing or passing Them Kelly Mullan with nothing to offer. so what do we do Adjust. NO. we just fail to entertain and then fans paying fans get the stick Out lads Paton Mc Ginley never even get a run even at 3 o up
so what do we fans do According to
some we SHUT up and accept it Put up your money and SHUT it
Funny I don’t agree with that philosophy
Only supported them 70 years but what would I
know 😂

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

We don't like our Friday/Mondays...

https://twitter.com/bazlastmanback/stat ... VyIGg&s=19

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Nige92 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:32 pm We don't like our Friday/Mondays...

Could someone explain this stat?

There's not that many 'double weekend' sets of fixtures surely?

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Keyser Soze wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:48 pm
Nige92 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:32 pm We don't like our Friday/Mondays...

Could someone explain this stat?

There's not that many 'double weekend' sets of fixtures surely?
9 double weekends since the beginning of 2023 season until now. Two have taken place this season so far. There were 7 Fri/Mondays last season.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

eugenio wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:11 pm i go to a lot of concerts The performers Always always. entertain One star. had a bit of a cough He brought along a young lad from Omagh to entertain us Then he himself changed his to act to suit his voice on the nightIt was magical standing ovation stuff
we have Maher. best in Ireland Boyce Connolly Mc Jannet at c back mind Shane Coll Doherty. Mighty plsyers best in the Lesgue by far by far We don’t winge at them then we have Duniniicsn Fats. Whelsn Mullan even Hoban signed with doubts over fitness Dialo missed Cup Final and vital games etc
then Duffy expected to
do miracles. Mc Mullan a worker with no crossing or passing Them Kelly Mullan with nothing to offer. so what do we do Adjust. NO. we just fail to entertain and then fans paying fans get the stick Out lads Paton Mc Ginley never even get a run even at 3 o up
so what do we fans do According to
some we SHUT up and accept it Put up your money and SHUT it
Funny I don’t agree with that philosophy
Only supported them 70 years but what would I
know 😂
That’s about same length I ve been there and seen the ups and downs. When I get home after a match my voice is usually gone. I feel most of the players we have are good enough to do it but self belief is not there which the managers have to inject along with flexibility in game plan. I want the buzz that comes from a driven team and the buzz that I get from the crowd around me. Is it the chicken and egg situation, one can’t do it without the other. Any spark can start a fire, why not us as group. No flares please.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

The old "blame the fans" angle, cos we aren't cheering them on. Knew it wouldn't be long before the fault was put on us.

Problem is, the product on the pitch is terrible to watch. There is next to no entertainment, no excitement, nothing to cheer. Zero shots in 180min of football ffs. And it hasn't just been this season. The football generally has been rubbish since RH took over, bar the odd game or two. I have been told by at least 5 people I know that they are thinking of taking a week or two break from going to games cos they are bored.

So it's time to put the blame where it really lies. We have a highly paid squad and a highly paid management team. We are awful to watch. Of course we will continue to go and support the team on the pitch, but we can't stick our head in the sand for much longer, as we are pushing to have a 6500 stadium soon, and it will need filled. It won't sell out playing this muck. Something has to change, and if the current management team can't change things, well you know......
Last edited by Keyser Soze on Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

No amount of fan encouragement will move McJannet back to centre half or stop passing the ball between the centre halves and keeper before launching a ball at Duffy.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Exactly Rodgers. The style of play (out from the back, hold possession, backwards/sideways etc) is worldwide and is being beat into the heads of coaches and kids to adults participating in the sport.

Felix told me either last year or year before he went to watch his grandchild at a Derry City Easter Camp. One of the coaches stopped the match to tell the keeper he HAD TO play the ball out to the central defenders from a goal kick every time. What the child should have been told was that the pass he makes, is the pass that is on. Whether that is to the centre back or the centre forward at the halfway line, that is what he should be doing.

I think this is what is either being observed by coaches doing their badges at other clubs and leagues or they are being told this in teaching practice. Barcelona under Guardiola did this but it was done at pace, we do it continuously hoping that teams will press but they are happy to watch as long as the ball is nowhere near their box.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:22 pm Exactly Rodgers. The style of play (out from the back, hold possession, backwards/sideways etc) is worldwide and is being beat into the heads of coaches and kids to adults participating in the sport.

Felix told me either last year or year before he went to watch his grandchild at a Derry City Easter Camp. One of the coaches stopped the match to tell the keeper he HAD TO play the ball out to the central defenders from a goal kick every time. What the child should have been told was that the pass he makes, is the pass that is on. Whether that is to the centre back or the centre forward at the halfway line, that is what he should be doing.

I think this is what is either being observed by coaches doing their badges at other clubs and leagues or they are being told this in teaching practice. Barcelona under Guardiola did this but it was done at pace, we do it continuously hoping that teams will press but they are happy to watch as long as the ball is nowhere near their box.
The Goalkeeping coaching may change now we have a new Croation Goalkeeping Coach on board.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

He is not a coach, he’s an analyst. He will help analyse our own keepers performance in training & games from sports science perspective. Plus help with opposition GK analysis & GK recruitment. All data performance led.