Derry City vs StPats Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Derry City vs StPats Match Thread

Post by marcoloco »

It was a great ball in for the corner… but it didn’t just ricochet off Hobans head. He swivelled and created the space in the box, partly due to McJannett holding back his marker.

Mullan contributed in both the build up and he executed a great finish. he benefited from having fresh legs when Pats were dreaming of the coach journey home.

He deserves the plaudits but let’s see how he fairs in the games to come or if he can break into the starting lineup.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Agree with both posts completely Keyser. We also "recycle" the ball back to keeper from free kicks we have in the opposition half! What possible risk are we running there by playing it forward. All the opposition are set up defensively! Players are just so conditioned to it now by the gurus on the sidelines.

Hate the fake injuries from keepers too. If it was me, I would book every single outfield player that goes down to the sideline for a timeout when a keeper gets injured, fake or not.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

marcoloco wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:06 am
TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:59 am
marcoloco wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:51 amand like I told you before we can’t win a league without Hoban remaining fit. That’s why you need more than one striker otherwise it’s a gamble.
If he keeps going at this rate, he'll be suspended soon. Three yellows in three games, that is Diallo territory.
Did he get a yellow for manhandling Forrester during our in-game tactical time out!? :lol:
He did. Forrester knew what he was doing.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:00 pm
marcoloco wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:06 am
TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:59 am

If he keeps going at this rate, he'll be suspended soon. Three yellows in three games, that is Diallo territory.
Did he get a yellow for manhandling Forrester during our in-game tactical time out!? :lol:
He did. Forrester knew what he was doing.
He did. And everyone in the ground knew what we were doing…

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I did mention last night that it has become "the boy who cried wolf". God forbid, a day will come when Brian seriously hurts himself and everyone will shout at him to stop playing acting.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:13 pm I did mention last night that it has become "the boy who cried wolf". God forbid, a day will come when Brian seriously hurts himself and everyone will shout at him to stop playing acting.
Sometimes you just have to do something to change things if the game is not going your way. Introduce a bit of niggle. Raise the tempo. The great Johann Cruyff was an expert at it.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

mokendismucker wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:17 pm
TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:13 pm I did mention last night that it has become "the boy who cried wolf". God forbid, a day will come when Brian seriously hurts himself and everyone will shout at him to stop playing acting.
Sometimes you just have to do something to change things if the game is not going your way. Introduce a bit of niggle. Raise the tempo. The great Johann Cruyff was an expert at it.
Not a good sign when your having to resort to that in every single game though...