Derry City vs StPats Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Derry City vs StPats Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

Tickets

https://www.facebook.com/10006388233385 ... hP2F9QeJl/

Game will be live on RTE 2 BBC RADIO FOYLE AND DRIIVE 105

TenaciousDee

Re: Derry City vs StPats Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

https://audioboom.com/posts/8465617-der ... NqF1booa_o

Interview with Ruairdhi Higgins previewing tomorrow's match.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Any predictions? On how the away fans will get on at the Lone Moor side!

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Fats, Dummigan, Diallo, Harkin and Whelan all missing this game and likely Monday's too

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

0-2 Pats.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

If we are going to win we need more from the wings. Maybe the bumpy surface played a factor last week but two lads who normally create chaos for the opposition was anonymous. I reckon Pat's will be happy to set in and let Derry pass the ball about, like in the cup game last year. They are under no pressure to win and will settle for the draw.

chosen1

Post by chosen1 »

:pats weaker than last year .. 2 or 3 nil .. Hoban duffy patching possible scorers.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

They beat us at home last season and I wouldn’t rule that out again. I’d be happy with a draw and delighted with a win.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Tonight on Drive 105’s MNL I am joined by my co-hosts Eddie Seydak and Stephen McClelland to bring you live commentary, build-up and analysis of the game.

Pre-Match Packie Cooke speaks to Higgins whilst Jamie Moore (PRO of St. Pat’s) talks to Jon Daly. I chat to LOITV and Extratime.com Podcast host, Oisin Langan about Pat’s, and Ben Doherty about life as a father, improving on last season and City’s strength and depth. At half time we will play an exclusive preview of Institute’s big Irish Cup QF v Linfield with Stute Manager, Kevin Deery.

As usual we will remain on air until 10pm to analyse the game and react to other results in the country. If you are going to the match why don't you tune us into the car radio for all the build-up and reaction on the way and back, if you aren't at the game then listen to us for the commentary too. 105.3fm, online and on DAB.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:25 am Tonight on Drive 105’s MNL I am joined by my co-hosts Eddie Seydak and Stephen McClelland to bring you live commentary, build-up and analysis of the game.

Pre-Match Packie Cooke speaks to Higgins whilst Jamie Moore (PRO of St. Pat’s) talks to Jon Daly. I chat to LOITV and Extratime.com Podcast host, Oisin Langan about Pat’s, and Ben Doherty about life as a father, improving on last season and City’s strength and depth. At half time we will play an exclusive preview of Institute’s big Irish Cup QF v Linfield with Stute Manager, Kevin Deery.

As usual we will remain on air until 10pm to analyse the game and react to other results in the country. If you are going to the match why don't you tune us into the car radio for all the build-up and reaction on the way and back, if you aren't at the game then listen to us for the commentary too. 105.3fm, online and on DAB.
Action packed. Fair play for putting that together...

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Cheers. Wait till you hear who I have on Monday Night's programme.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

I was at Pats Bohs and wasn't impressed with Pats. They played three at back and Keating got little service. B Kavanagh must have been wondering why he went from bench at Derry to bench at Pats.

Their tactics might suit them better away though.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:43 pm Cheers. Wait till you hear who I have on Monday Night's programme.
A big name for a big game! :D

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:00 pm
TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:43 pm Cheers. Wait till you hear who I have on Monday Night's programme.
A big name for a big game! :D
Two big names

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

rodgers wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:54 pm I was at Pats Bohs and wasn't impressed with Pats. They played three at back and Keating got little service. B Kavanagh must have been wondering why he went from bench at Derry to bench at Pats.

Brutal game. Appeared to be playing with inverted wingers and Anto Breslin, who last year, ran the line almost because he enjoyed it seems to have his wings clipped in the new system. Barely involved in the final third. They tried to go through the middle with Leavy but his final ball isn't great yet.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

rodgers wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:54 pm I was at Pats Bohs and wasn't impressed with Pats. They played three at back and Keating got little service. B Kavanagh must have been wondering why he went from bench at Derry to bench at Pats.

It's early days. Have you been impressed with our performances?

chosen1

Post by chosen1 »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:16 pm

Ask this after tonight ! Support your team .. McAneff Hoban 2 nil

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:16 pm

That's true. A lot of games seem to have been poor so far. Drogheda was ok and Sligo not but it's much the same as last year whereas I think Pats have changed a bit from the team we saw last year. I think a draw tonight but hoping for a win.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

I think teams with more changes to their starting line up will take that bit longer to settle. We've made a few singings but fewer than most i think though i still think it'll be a few months before the overall quality across the league improves. Not surprising given that every season the leagues rising stars and best players across the water. So quality wise it can be a bit flat to start with.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »