Sligo Rovers v Derry City FC Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Sligo Rovers v Derry City FC Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

As of 10:22am on Tuesday morning, Sligo is yet to release the away ticket portal link for Saturday night. The club is asking City supporters to not purchase for the home end. Once the link becomes available I am sure someone will upload it.

Last year we played their twice and lost twice, always a tough place to go (for whatever reason), but hopefully we can turn that poor fortune round.

Post all team news, predications and reaction here. If you can't make the match it is live on LOITV, BBC Radio Foyle and on Drive 105.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Sligo Rovers v Derry City FC Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:24 am As of 10:22am on Tuesday morning, Sligo is yet to release the away ticket portal link for Saturday night. The club is asking City supporters to not purchase for the home end. Once the link becomes available I am sure someone will upload it.

Last year we played their twice and lost twice, always a tough place to go (for whatever reason), but hopefully we can turn that poor fortune round.

Post all team news, predications and reaction here. If you can't make the match it is live on LOITV, BBC Radio Foyle and on Drive 105.
And Sligo have Re Signed Max Matta on loan.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Online now

https://srfcdirect.com/away-tickets/

*MODERATOR'S NOTE* Tickets on sale now for Season Ticket holders, enter your barcode for access. Open for 48 hours then remaining will go on general sale.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Robing buggers 20 euro now for all tickets no concessionary

Grace

Post by Grace »

Keyser Soze wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:18 pm Online now

https://srfcdirect.com/away-tickets/

*MODERATOR'S NOTE* Tickets on sale now for Season Ticket holders, enter your barcode for access. Open for 48 hours then remaining will go on general sale.
Thanks, was wondering about the barcode, when trying to buy 😀

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

Away tickets now sold out.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Question marks over Fats and Connolly according to Higgins. A running theme throughout the year?

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Nige92 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:27 pm Question marks over Fats and Connolly according to Higgins. A running theme throughout the year?
I think Connolly got a bang to the rib cage last week, so it shouldn't be a long term thing.

Fats on the other hand ........

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

Nige92 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:27 pm Question marks over Fats and Connolly according to Higgins. A running theme throughout the year?
Could be mind games...

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Neutrino wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:48 pm
Could be mind games...
Mind games :lol:

I thought only Alex Ferguson played those...

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

marcoloco wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:13 pm
Could be mind games...

:D

He's always been a bit coy about injuries and player availability. Don't see any harm in not showing your full hand beforehand...

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Neutrino wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:37 pm
marcoloco wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:13 pm

Could be mind games...

:D

He's always been a bit coy about injuries and player availability. Don't see any harm in not showing your full hand beforehand...
Lets hope that you are right!

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Away end of 300 sold out for this one. It’s a tough one to get anything out of for us and I have few positive memories of this fixture. Derry had the best away record in the league last year yet still lost twice in Sligo. And didn’t score or even look much like scoring. Sligo scrap like their lives depend on it when they play us, it’s rarely pretty, so we will have to have a fighting mentality from ko. With Fats available and the options the quality of our squad gives us we have more than enough to get what we need. A marker for the season to be laid down. 3-1 City.

RAWA

adydcfc
Reserves
Reserves

Post by adydcfc »

mokendismucker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 am Away end of 300 sold out for this one. It’s a tough one to get anything out of for us and I have few positive memories of this fixture. Derry had the best away record in the league last year yet still lost twice in Sligo. And didn’t score or even look much like scoring. Sligo scrap like their lives depend on it when they play us, it’s rarely pretty, so we will have to have a fighting mentality from ko. With Fats available and the options the quality of our squad gives us we have more than enough to get what we need. A marker for the season to be laid down. 3-1 City.

RAWA
Only 300? Do they not give us 500/600

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

adydcfc wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 am
mokendismucker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 am Away end of 300 sold out for this one. It’s a tough one to get anything out of for us and I have few positive memories of this fixture. Derry had the best away record in the league last year yet still lost twice in Sligo. And didn’t score or even look much like scoring. Sligo scrap like their lives depend on it when they play us, it’s rarely pretty, so we will have to have a fighting mentality from ko. With Fats available and the options the quality of our squad gives us we have more than enough to get what we need. A marker for the season to be laid down. 3-1 City.

RAWA
Only 300? Do they not give us 500/600
Could be but 300 was the number I heard.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Agree this game could be a pointer into how we'll perform this season.

It's always been a difficult game for us, and last season we were awful in both games.

I just feel that with more of an outlet up top in Hoban, we should have a decent chance of getting the win, if we play to our strengths.

And with the 4 big Dub clubs all playing each other, let's hope a chance of Rovers dropping more points.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Rovers lost 2-1 tonight, hope we don't blow it tomorrow night.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Join us tonight on Match Night Live for Live commentary of Sligo Rovers v Derry City from the Showgrounds. On commentary will be Michael Kealey and Dermot Liddy, with myself, Gareth McGuiness and Paul Doherty live in the studio.

Pre kick-off you'll hear from Ruaidhri Higgins' press conference, I spoke exclusively to Sligo manager John Russell and LOI TV & Journalist Jessica Farry. At half time we will broadcast another exclusive interview I conducted with Derry City Academy Director Hugh Harkin on the challenges of running the academy and the latest on the High Performance Centre.

Join us from 7pm on 105.3fm, Online and DAB Digital Radio.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

brandyball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:53 pm Rovers lost 2-1 tonight, hope we don't blow it tomorrow night.
Shams dropping points Derry going to Sligo has a familiar sound to it……..Can we change the outcome? As early as it is these are the games that have to be won if this season is going to reach a successful conclusion…………no pressure lads……..

Isn’t it great that it’s Saturday morning and you still have the highlight of the week in front of you…

RAWA