Finn Harps(Away) Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Finn Harps(Away) Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

DeeDerry1975 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:54 pm
Keyser Soze wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:55 pm
rodgers wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:35 pm Was Paddy McLaughlin there?
Why would he be there? He's not employed by the club any more.
He is still being paid by the club, he isn't assistant manager any longer, but he has a contract

I'd say the club are hoping he gets offered another job elsewhere, something like the Coleraine managers job when it becomes available
Derry have broken his contract.

DeeDerry1975
Reserves
Reserves

Post by DeeDerry1975 »

brandyball wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:32 pm
Keyser Soze wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:55 pm

Why would he be there? He's not employed by the club any more.
He is still being paid by the club, he isn't assistant manager any longer, but he has a contract

I'd say the club are hoping he gets offered another job elsewhere, something like the Coleraine managers job when it becomes available
When you say Derry have broken his contract, what do you mean? They haven't paid him off. He is contracted to the club. He was told he is no longer the assistant manager but he is still technically employed by Derry City until he is paid off or moves to another job. I'm sure Paddy would like to get his contact paid up and then take another job. He is entitled to have his contract paid up by the club but as it stands I don't think that has happened.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Such a pity. They could have been a great team with their combined experience but obviously clashed.
Paddy deserves to be treated with respect and contract honoured, and I'm sure it will.
But the way football works is if RH fails this year then Paddy could be managing us next year. :lol:

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

kitwe wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm Such a pity. They could have been a great team with their combined experience but obviously clashed.
Paddy deserves to be treated with respect and contract honoured, and I'm sure it will.
But the way football works is if RH fails this year then Paddy could be managing us next year. :lol:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Stephen Kenny. :lol:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

DeeDerry1975 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:34 pm
brandyball wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:32 pm

When you say Derry have broken his contract, what do you mean? They haven't paid him off. He is contracted to the club. He was told he is no longer the assistant manager but he is still technically employed by Derry City until he is paid off or moves to another job. I'm sure Paddy would like to get his contact paid up and then take another job. He is entitled to have his contract paid up by the club but as it stands I don't think that has happened.
I believe he signed a contract to be Assitant manager, he's no longer Assistant manager, he's probably got grounds for constructive dismissal.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Don't know much the situation why he suddenly was told not assistant manager ,but if he is getting full pay for doing what he is doing probaly not complain For what I seen Conor Loughrey was always at forefront along with Higgins giving instructions paddy in the back ground. Wonder what will happen if Reyonlds comes back.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

marcoloco wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:25 pm
kitwe wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm Such a pity. They could have been a great team with their combined experience but obviously clashed.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Stephen Kenny. :lol:
So remind us all how many times did Stephen Kenny win the league with Derry? And then how many times did he f**ked off when it suited him? Think big Phil was chairman when he jumped ship to Shamrock Rovers.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Definitely agree Paddy deserves respect 100%

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

I have no doubt Paddy will get his chance to manage Derry City at some stage, perhaps relatively soon.