Brandon Kavanagh

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
STANDUP

Brandon Kavanagh

Post by STANDUP »

According to Irish Independent St Pats have agreed fee with Derry for Brandon.

roger diesel

Re: Brandon Kavanagh

Post by roger diesel »

Under utilised player by Higgins for whatever reason. Always looked to make something happen, was often our best outlet when he did get on, scored, which is more than could be said for starters, and will be sorry to see him go, as will a lot of folk around me at the games.

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

Good player. Brilliant in moment's but consistency was an issue.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Always liked Brandon sorry to see him go.

dcfc_jp_1989
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_jp_1989 »

STANDUP wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:23 pm According to Irish Independent St Pats have agreed fee with Derry for Brandon.
Didn't realise he was still under contract, good that we're getting money for him. Disappointed to see him go but a talent like him can't be wasting away sitting on the bench

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

A very useful rotation player who is of the right age profile and who you would imagine was still improving. Feel like this will be a loss to the squad, however with Kelly coming in it was probably inevitable

Gerrymc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Gerrymc »

Good player and seemed a likeable lad. A loss to the squad but deserves to be a starter every week. Good luck to him

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

Felt he was under utilised quite a bit. RH seemed to play him in a position that I never felt he was made for and that was out wide. He seemed to drift in quite a bit. When near the end of his time here he was used through the middle quite a bit he seemed to offer a hell of a lot more and looked a good quality player. Always felt when he started games he was the scapegoat and the easy option for hooking off instead of other players when there was considerably worse on the field at that time.

We have spent a few years now developing him as a player and I felt he was getting better and better. Looking at the ST PATS midfield if he is used through the middle they potentially have the best midfield 3 in the league with Lennon, forrester and Kavanagh in front of them. Stronger than what we currently.

Goodluck to him and he deserves the game time just hope he doesnt come back to hunt us.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

dcfc_legend9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:28 pm Felt he was under utilised quite a bit. RH seemed to play him in a position that I never felt he was made for and that was out wide. He seemed to drift in quite a bit. When near the end of his time here he was used through the middle quite a bit he seemed to offer a hell of a lot more and looked a good quality player. Always felt when he started games he was the scapegoat and the easy option for hooking off instead of other players when there was considerably worse on the field at that time.

We have spent a few years now developing him as a player and I felt he was getting better and better. Looking at the ST PATS midfield if he is used through the middle they potentially have the best midfield 3 in the league with Lennon, forrester and Kavanagh in front of them. Stronger than what we currently.

Goodluck to him and he deserves the game time just hope he doesnt come back to hunt us.
Really. You think that midfield is better than any combination of Fats, Patching, Dummigan, Diallo, Hutton and O’Reilly?

I don’t.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

That is of course Harkin not Hutton. Sorry Jackie……

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

mokendismucker wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:09 pm
dcfc_legend9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:28 pm Felt he was under utilised quite a bit. RH seemed to play him in a position that I never felt he was made for and that was out wide. He seemed to drift in quite a bit. When near the end of his time here he was used through the middle quite a bit he seemed to offer a hell of a lot more and looked a good quality player. Always felt when he started games he was the scapegoat and the easy option for hooking off instead of other players when there was considerably worse on the field at that time.

Really. You think that midfield is better than any combination of Fats, Patching, Dummigan, Diallo, Hutton and O’Reilly?

I don’t.

Forrester the most consistent midfielder in the league the last few years and the best midfielder by a country mile last year.

Lennon an absolutely cracking player who complemented forrester so well in the league last year.

Kavanagh who was RHs scapegoat but could clearly play and deserved alot more playing time.

Fats plays a 3rd of the games whilst is a fantastic player.

If I had a trade of between Patching and Forrester id take the latter. Personally just think he is a better player albeit Patching is a fantastic player.

I still dont know what our strongest midfield is thats the issue? Do you?

The look of Lennon, Forrester and Kavanagh has a nice fluent feel to it. I dont think we quite have that yet.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

dcfc_legend9 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:12 pm
mokendismucker wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:09 pm

I don’t.

Forrester the most consistent midfielder in the league the last few years and the best midfielder by a country mile last year.

Lennon an absolutely cracking player who complemented forrester so well in the league last year.

Kavanagh who was RHs scapegoat but could clearly play and deserved alot more playing time.

Fats plays a 3rd of the games whilst is a fantastic player.

If I had a trade of between Patching and Forrester id take the latter. Personally just think he is a better player albeit Patching is a fantastic player.

I still dont know what our strongest midfield is thats the issue? Do you?

The look of Lennon, Forrester and Kavanagh has a nice fluent feel to it. I dont think we quite have that yet.
Derry's over reliance on Fats and lack of any attacking threat is our downfall. A great player when fit but sadly that's not too often these days. Dundalk got the best days from him and Duffy.

Forrester another great player but not prone to injury so a better bet.

We need to move away from Fats and consider his involvement a luxury when we have it. We need another leader, another creative spark in the same mould and they are not easy to find.