PFAI player of the year

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
kitwe
First Team
First Team

PFAI player of the year

Post by kitwe »

I see Ben and Will in PFAI team of the year and Rovers only have one

Marty
First Team
First Team

Re: PFAI player of the year

Post by Marty »

Everyone thinks Ben’s the best left back in the country apart from the Derry fans who want Coll played :lol:

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

:lol:

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Marty wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:50 pm Everyone thinks Ben’s the best left back in the country apart from the Derry fans who want Coll played :lol:
Those who saw Coll produce week in week often out of position and being magnificent went BOTH Coll a l back Ben moved forward to assist Duff where he was top class

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

eugenio wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:18 pm
Marty wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:50 pm Everyone thinks Ben’s the best left back in the country apart from the Derry fans who want Coll played :lol:
Those who saw Coll produce week in week often out of position and being magnificent went BOTH Coll a l back Ben moved forward to assist Duff where he was top class
Ben is great going forward. Makes an excellent attacking wing back which plays to his strengths.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Whoever this 'everyone' is (I think it's the players or the PFAI reps?), I'd have Lyness or Maher ahead of Kearns there.

Think McJannet very very unlucky not to be there. Although he only played half a year, I think Redmond a big omission too.

It'd be pretty silly to think that people were claiming Coll should be on a team of the year when he didn't play too much. But I'm sure no one would make that mistake unless they were trying to suggest that anything other than their own opinion deserved derision.

As above, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

rodgers wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:16 pm Whoever this 'everyone' is (I think it's the players or the PFAI reps?), I'd have Lyness or Maher ahead of Kearns there.

Think McJannet very very unlucky not to be there. Although he only played half a year, I think Redmond a big omission too.

It'd be pretty silly to think that people were claiming Coll should be on a team of the year when he didn't play too much. But I'm sure no one would make that mistake unless they were trying to suggest that anything other than their own opinion deserved derision.

As above, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Yes silly. Just as silly as those who,DO NOT read the actual,post It was suggested that many Derrybfans preferred Coll at l,back in the Derry team not in the LOI team We who witnessed Coll over 3 seasons produce produce produce are entitled to have a great affection for him but no one was criticising Doherty He’s a different type of player and has befrormed great attacking wise. My opinion based on 3 seasons