Paddy McLaughlin - New Cork Boss?

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
DeeDerry1975
Reserves
Reserves

Paddy McLaughlin - New Cork Boss?

Post by DeeDerry1975 »

Looks like Paddy McLaughlin is going to Cork City, with the rumours about Alan Reynolds coming back, this makes sense

Eamando1981

Re: Paddy McLaughlin - New Cork Boss?

Post by Eamando1981 »

I'd love to see Reynolds back.

Higgins & Mc laughlin never seemed to communicate with each other during the games, it as strange

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

Didn't Reynolds leave to be closer to his family? What's changed there? Seems odd that he'd come back so soon. And especially now with Waterdord being in the Premier again.

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

PauliAlonso wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:42 pm Didn't Reynolds leave to be closer to his family? What's changed there? Seems odd that he'd come back so soon. And especially now with Waterdord being in the Premier again.
His mother was dying and she passed away not long after he went to Waterford. Prob suited him at the time and prob suits Keith Long as well so he can bring in his own man in if Rennie comes back.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Paddy's ruled himself out.

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Lads serious this is lightweight stuff but lately even at Intermediate games in Irish League I’m gobsmacked by the manny “suits” and I mean “tracksuits “ that a team has I stood at h time at a recent game as they came out 18 players then 9 tracksuits . All to watch their team get well and truly gubbed 😂
Then listening tomTalksportbI heard Man City have 2 set piece coaches one offensive one defensive then heard but maybe it was a joke Liverpool,have a Throw in Coach So home technical analysis , opponent tactical analysis ,on field analysis.. eg why didn’t Duffy slide that one home need to look at this in depth before he plays again

So under Higgy there’s a number 2 a number 3 God knows how many coaches. Tactical,analysis boyo, a boy who say so and so must come off at 62.5 minutes Physio’s etc Subs warmup,men and not forgetting the bloke who,puts out the h time 5 second warm up,cones Kit men etc How many would be in the posse now for a manager to handle. Maybe with all the coaches he has the tech men ,the time men , the cones mens , the put up,your arm men lol, maybe he doesn’t get to see the players at all
‘Is it a circus now, god be with the days when we had a twelfth man and one boss 😂 😂 😂

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

You did give me a laugh with that Eugene.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

K it’s that time of year A wee break nothing too serious a wee laugh Maybe I’ll fry a tracksuit job as morale coach wheee but not at Bohs or Cork

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Great right up to date joke
Jackie Harkin?
work on ground?
Friendlies eg Glens?
Listened to startling documentary on B burn Rovers where that great support are told nothing and expected to stay silent= t Manager has been gagged Fans are in revolt
Derry aren’t just so bad but why oh why supporters simply kept so much in the dark
Maybe as at t Blackburn they say “pay your money and that’s all you are fornot for Not hearing about your club. Sad in many ways this close out of info

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pm Jackie Harkin?
Man has recovered and was told he would be used sparingly leading up to the start of the season.
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pmwork on ground?
It has been in the press and on here that the hold up was the sewage drain concerns.
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pmFriendlies eg Glens?
This annoys me, fans need to be informed of friendlies. Why? These are training matches, does the manager have to hand out an itinerary for training on a weekly basis telling supporters what was worked on? I get that people want to attend out of curiosity but clubs are entitled to hold matches behind closed doors to prevent teams from scouting them or individuals/trialists you are trying to keep/assess.
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pmDerry aren’t just so bad but why oh why supporters simply kept so much in the dark
Maybe as at t Blackburn they say “pay your money and that’s all you are fornot for Not hearing about your club. Sad in many ways this close out of info
What is it exactly you want to be brought into the light? End of the day, Derry City is a business as well as a football team. They are under no obligation to tell supporters everything.

I will give an example, supporters seem like they should be told of everything regarding players coming in or leaving. People on social media bitched about how the manager didn't comment on speculation about players in the transfer market. Why would he speak on the negotiations of a player who he is in the process of signing? Speaking about Keating, Hoban, Maher and anyone else in question undermines the manager and his negotiation position and in the past, we lost out on players for speaking too soon in public. Kenny Shiels spoke in 2018 about signing Sean Kavanagh. He had him on trial, did interviews about him training with the club, decked him out in our training gear, the club paid for him to travel to Waterford for the first game of the season and three days later he signed for Rovers. All because Shiels drew attention towards this player, his potential signing and how it wasn't over the line. We wined and dined the man only for him to run off with the metaphorical quarter back. Clubs need secrecy on a lot of things. People need to understand that.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

You used exactly the words Blackburn supporters were told You don’t have to be told I’m here in Belfast not into the main groove So I LIKE TO KEEP,UP So obviously that’s a fault now So I hold my hands up and take my smack
A wee tiny point tho I travel huge distances to support Derry and I’m. NOT just a youngster anymore
Playing 5 mins away at Oval would have been Special Ok it was behind closed doors .. I take i that but was What’s the word ‘sorry ‘ couldn’t even get a score never mind let in
Anyway I’ll take my reprimand and shut up
ok now

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Paddy Linked with Crues job.

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

TenaciousDee wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:49 pm
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pm Jackie Harkin?
Man has recovered and was told he would be used sparingly leading up to the start of the season.
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pmwork on ground?
It has been in the press and on here that the hold up was the sewage drain concerns.
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pmFriendlies eg Glens?
This annoys me, fans need to be informed of friendlies. Why? These are training matches, does the manager have to hand out an itinerary for training on a weekly basis telling supporters what was worked on? I get that people want to attend out of curiosity but clubs are entitled to hold matches behind closed doors to prevent teams from scouting them or individuals/trialists you are trying to keep/assess.
eugenio wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pmDerry aren’t just so bad but why oh why supporters simply kept so much in the dark
What is it exactly you want to be brought into the light? End of the day, Derry City is a business as well as a football team. They are under no obligation to tell supporters everything.

I will give an example, supporters seem like they should be told of everything regarding players coming in or leaving. People on social media bitched about how the manager didn't comment on speculation about players in the transfer market. Why would he speak on the negotiations of a player who he is in the process of signing? Speaking about Keating, Hoban, Maher and anyone else in question undermines the manager and his negotiation position and in the past, we lost out on players for speaking too soon in public. Kenny Shiels spoke in 2018 about signing Sean Kavanagh. He had him on trial, did interviews about him training with the club, decked him out in our training gear, the club paid for him to travel to Waterford for the first game of the season and three days later he signed for Rovers. All because Shiels drew attention towards this player, his potential signing and how it wasn't over the line. We wined and dined the man only for him to run off with the metaphorical quarter back. Clubs need secrecy on a lot of things. People need to understand that.

Dee - just some points:

Jackie we were told was more or less fit at the end of the season, and could have been on the bench for the last game of the season versus Pats - yet Higgins stated, there was no point in taking the risk with the season over. Therefore, are we not okay to question why then 4 months later is he not even making the bench for essentially pre-season training games ? If he was 95% fit at the end of October, and we are now in February - is he still not fit ? If they will not risk him v Institute or Harps at the Brandywell - then there is absolutely ZERO change he will play once the league starts in 10 days. How can be be eased in via competitive games, when in the 6 pre-season friendlies he has not featured at all.

I think it is far to say, that an update from the club would be good - we all want to see Jackie back, but with no news, then the rumours all start again.

Pre-season games behind closed doors - why play 5 games open to the public and then one behind closed doors ? Derry are not signing any more players or bringing any trailists in - so what is there to hide ?

The Glentoran game at the weekend I believe was a farce, Glentoran played the night before and is was essentially a Glentoran reserve team that we beat 5-0. If you want an easy game like that why not play the Under 20's behind closed doors ? Coleraine, Carrick Rangers and Crusaders were all sitting free last weekend and would have given us a far better game than Glentoran reserves.

The new stand progress - surely even just a bit of news would help the fans, I see very genuine questions on Facebook about the away fans, will they remain as is in Blocks A & B at the start of the season or be moved to the Showgrounds end now or half-way through the season. When will they start to demolish Blocks A & B etc - these are just genuine questions that us decent fans would like to hear an update on.

No-one is having a go at POD in anyway - but surely even just one update on a few issues would be very helpful and informative to the fans, instead of being very much in the dark about things. Communication from Derry as a club is poor - there is no denying this.

A short update about the new stand, the 3G pitch staying or going come the end of this season, where the away fans will go once the works start, how are we looking if we progress 2 rounds in Europe again - would do wonders to strengthen the bond between the fans and the club.

The new Dundalk owner went into their social club last week and took questions from everyone for over 2 hours on every subject - their fans came away impressed.

POD done a great interview on the DCFC podcast last July which was great to hear him speak about the club, the ground, his hopes etc - it answered so many questions and he earned great respect for doing it - he should maybe do more of these, as he came across very well.

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Agree with most of the last post.

Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys about friendlies. Not into watching guys getting fit but everyone to their own.

Wouldn’t mind knowing were we are at preparation wise?

Think no communication is bad communication. There are other Board members that PoD. Maybe a short update by way of a press release….

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Agree with most of the last post.

Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys about friendlies. Not into watching guys getting fit but everyone to their own.

Wouldn’t mind knowing were we are at preparation wise?

Think no communication is bad communication. There are other Board members that PoD. Maybe a short update by way of a press release….

mickeyh

Post by mickeyh »

Paul Hegarty back to replace Paddy?

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

I give a damn about friendlies. Having Aspergers for me is an intereest in facts, stats and figures and especially Derry City stats, so if it was against Glens reserves, Glens III's, Glen's U7's, it doesn't matter, it's Derry City F C..