Drogheda United v Derry City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Drogheda United v Derry City Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

For anyone looking to attend the game, here is a link for the away end tickets https://eventlist.store/droghedaunitedf ... redirect=1

This I imagine will be a tight affair. Drogs now look to be safe from the playoff and are playing for position more than anything. Boyce will return from suspension whilst Connolly may still be a doubt with an ankle issue. Highly unlikely we will see Patrick McEleney again this season.

If you can't make it the match is live on LOITV, BBC Radio Foyle and Drive 105.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Re: Drogheda United v Derry City Match Thread

Post by magspat »

Patrick mcEleney won't be missed he didn't contribute anything to the team this year.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

This is a must win. I suppose every game left is a must win.

I really hope we go for the win. I'd rather try and fail than not try at all.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

No score at half time, not a great half with too many back and slide ways passes within our own half. Few half chances but we need more urgency and quality in the 2nd half against a disciplined Drogheda team.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Yip, more of the same. Build up far too slow, ball needs to be moved forward faster.

I'd love to see a map of our passing. The majority would be between the keeper to defence to midfield and back again.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Another poor performance. 2nd place could be in jeopardy.

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

Shite

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Terrible again.
If league title wasn't out of reach before this game, it is now.

Now battling for euro spot.

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

Same toothless sh*te.

Pep said during the week he hates tika tika as it means passing the ball for the sake of it. We are the definition of tika tika.

Duffy, Mcmullan and Dohery have been off it for weeks. Patching was wasteful tonight also.

Cian kavanagh is the worst player ive seen in a derry shirt in a long time.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Hard questions need to be asked.

I fear they won't though, and it'll be more of the same next season with a lot of the same faces.

fergal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by fergal »

Duffy and dohertys been so off form for a long time now. But still first names on the team sheet

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Surprise surprise. Set up with no striker and fail to score again. No doubt delighted with the clean sheet. Shels flying, Pats consistent. Derry solid but underwhelming.

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

Terrible result and performance against a part time team with a 17 year old keeper. Total lack of energy and quality, with 2 mins to go we had the ball at the halfway line and passed it back to the keeper. Shocking, we slow the game down and wonder why teams are able to set up in defence. Too many players receive the ball at the half way line and turn back instead of going forward. Yeah we failed to take the chances we had but our delivery from set pieces was poor. We got what we deserved and once again showed why we are as far as Kate Logue from being a title winning team.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

League title was NEVER on. We can't score. Europe now a slim chance.!!! Disgusted but I'll still be there on Friday night.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:24 pm League title was NEVER on. We can't score. Europe now a slim chance.!!! Disgusted but I'll still be there on Friday night.
You'll be on your own.

jimd

Post by jimd »

Questions must be asked of the manager, instead of going forward from the start first half wasted then panic in the last few minutes as I said many questions

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

Higgins is far too conservative for us to ever win the league. We needed a win and when he brings two strikers on he actually went and put McGonigle on the left. Higgins cost us the league IMO due to his tactics as it was there to be won. What's also frustrating is when we concede a corner we always have 11 back in our own box instead of putting someone on the half way line- that'll take another opponent away from our box and actually give us a chance of attacking.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Higgins did a good job for Shams this year put the league on a plate for them,

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

kitwe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:24 pm League title was NEVER on. We can't score. Europe now a slim chance.!!! Disgusted but I'll still be there on Friday night.
Kit I’ll be there but travelling hundreds of miles weelky and trying to reflect on the turgid stuff is tough. I quoted 3 weeks ago,….. so the League goes not with a bang but a whimper .
The fundamental principals are missing Ie the back 4 stay deep in their own half and DO NOT COMMITT opponents or go past opponents 3 others ,but we can’t call them front men, stay 80 yards away ….a crime in any football lingo The midfield look on ,supporting the defence is pointless as the back 4 and keeper are happy to keep it all night So we have a huge gap, Midfield won’t go forward because they prefer to be with the defence in passy passy tripe past to each other and to the keeper while the gap widens
Then the raking occasional ball to Duffy on a narrow pitch in the air with a votive candle attached and Duffy expected to pull it down and play. Whooops Mc Mullan as Grayson was usually ignored except Mc Janet’s occasional diagonal to a wee man in the air and as with Duffy ….same results
We read with pride re POD investment into the stadium He deserves great credit but poss his huge investment into that squad handed to our manager needs examined. In terms did our manager use the huge resources given to him over and over In the best poss way ???