Segregation

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Segregation

Post by brandyball »

So it was decided to let Rovers fans have their own toilets, so they responded by throwing flares, smoke bombs and ripped up seats. We must be the only club that pander to that Scum.

TenaciousDee

Re: Segregation

Post by TenaciousDee »

After the game they were led out along the top row of the stand by stewards whilst we were broadcasting and journalists were writing reports. Two lads three metres apart started lifting liquids and throwing them on tables and laptops, not a steward in sight.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Fighting at showground entrance don't know if was Derry fans among themselves or with Shamrock fans but one thing I know I got my car mirror broke no Stewart's to be seen scum bags.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Then you have the stadium announcer thanking them for their çooperation.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Could they not put them in the left most blocks (L, M??), like they did for Linfield etc during Setanta games?

Might make it easier to organise. At least we wouldn't have the situation of Derry fans leaving the ground having to walk past them.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

This is just another probem with the Brandywell. It wasn't designed for segregating fans, so it isn't easy to deal with those (on either side) who want to act the maggot.

When the new terrace is built at the Brandywell Road end, the plan is to move away fans to the fair end of the Southend Stand. Which will help by having them nearer to their buses in the car park. But it'sll still not an ideal situation, nor proper segregation - and we'll still face issues with any fans who want to cause trouble.. Again - because of the design of the stadium.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

stevebradley wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:15 pm This is just another probem with the Brandywell. It wasn't designed for segregating fans, so it isn't easy to deal with those (on either side) who want to act the maggot.

When the new terrace is built at the Brandywell Road end, the plan is to move away fans to the fair end of the Southend Stand. Which will help by having them nearer to their buses in the car park. But it'sll still not an ideal situation, nor proper segregation - and we'll still face issues with any fans who want to cause trouble.. Again - because of the design of the stadium.
As you suggest changes are planned for addressing this issue which should be in place from next season. Fans determined to cause trouble will still cause trouble. You can try and design out and prepare for it but at the end of the day when a group of ppl intent on causing trouble get together best you can do is minimise and contain it.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

I think the best plan is to give them maxium 100 tickets to Sham fans.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

magspat wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:05 pm I think the best plan is to give them maxium 100 tickets to Sham fans.
I think theres a rule that the away team are granted 10% of the official attendance... The Brandywell holds 4250 which is why they got 425 tickets...

I agree that their activities after the game leave a lot to be desired... The security teams have a real job on their hands when "they" visit yet they get stick for not controlling it... Its a thankless job and one from anybody looking on who wouldnt want it...
Did you see the footage on other social media sites? Green street wannnabe's... The thing you have to laugh at is the fact that they are trying to emulate what English fans done years ago with violence, dressing in stone island gear etc and yet they sing about us having a king...

They are a rabble that the league has to deal with...

And dont get me started on that blow in "Peaky" with his recent comments... I wonder how many Derry fans would feel welcome at Coleraine if they were to wear a Derry jersey in the middle of them at a cup final... He has been made welcome since starting to attend games over the past few years but I think his mask is slipping...

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

Greengo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:03 am
magspat wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:05 pm I think the best plan is to give them maxium 100 tickets to Sham fans.
I think theres a rule that the away team are granted 10% of the official attendance... The Brandywell holds 4250 which is why they got 425 tickets...
So with an increased capacity we can expect more troublemakers. The world is upside down!

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

It's only in the cup we have to give 10% to the visiting team. In the league we don't necessarily have to give them an allocation, more a courtesy.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am It's only in the cup we have to give 10% to the visiting team. In the league we don't necessarily have to give them an allocation, more a courtesy.
Don't give them any at all, just like they did previously..

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Agree 100% give them none.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Wonder why that Peaky boy stood in among the Sham supporters he didn't film them breaking the seats.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Greengo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:03 am And dont get me started on that blow in "Peaky" with his recent comments... I wonder how many Derry fans would feel welcome at Coleraine if they were to wear a Derry jersey in the middle of them at a cup final... He has been made welcome since starting to attend games over the past few years but I think his mask is slipping...
Seen through him a long time ago. By accessing our fan base he was able to achieve big numbers for his subscription and once the club denied his application for a press pass I knew it would only be a matter of time before he hung on to someone else. Read his comments and asked for a response to the actions of the Rovers fans pouring water on laptops. He ignored it but has replied to posts defending him (shocker). I have also since seen the videos of the actions of Rovers fans at half time and that is disgraceful. From those images it is evident a large group came looking for trouble and are not as innocent as Peaky Arsene Wenger claims, who keeps saying 'I didn't see it'.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Glad to hear someone else speak,out about this Peaky boyo For the first time in my supporting life I was unable to get into the first game of was it 2021\22 season the words “ tough luck” were used when someone pointed out it was my 70th year supporting Imagine my “disappointment” when this boyo appeared in the Brandy an avowed Coleraine fan who got in to that game Disgusted is not a strong enough word to describe how I felt