Bohemians v Derry City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Bohemians v Derry City Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

I have completely lost track of what day it is.

Big game tomorrow as City hope to get their league challenge back on track following the distraction of Europe and the disappointment of the FAI Cup exit on Sunday. Both teams are on 46 points, a point off Pat's in second.

Post all team news, predictions and reaction here. For Bohs, Dean Williams who scored the winner at Brandywell earlier in the season is missing.

If you are not going to Dublin then you will find the match on LOITV, BBC Radio Foyle and Drive 105.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Bohemians v Derry City Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I see this game is highly anticipated. Nearly two hours to KO and we have two comments.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:26 pm I see this game is highly anticipated. Nearly two hours to KO and we have two comments.
All them cup games have taken their toll. Diallo to play his 50th game if selected.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Can someone tell the Drive commentators their Mics are open and drowning out the music. :lol:

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

You're not serious? Haha. I hope there was no swearing.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:19 pm You're not serious? Haha. I hope there was no swearing.
Naw but they ruined Justin Bieber for me :lol:

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Match put back 8-15 now floodlight problem might not even go ahead.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Looks like we're playing for Penalties with 2 centre forwards on bench. How bad must our forwards be? Hope Ruidhri knows what he's doing.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

It was a good match to watch. T he team is developing well. The draw suited rovers with them winning against Dundalk, pulling away slightly.

This league is not over yet.

The matches lately have been entertaining and sapping, especially the cup games, worth the ticket.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Thought it was a great match to watch. Heart stopping moments at both ends. Poor penalty and first goal to give away and really unlucky with Ben Doherty’s effort but got a bit of luck with Duffy’s goal. Danny Mullan showed a bit more and looked dangerous in around the box. Great centre forward’s goal. Paul McMullan is a real treat. Statistically we must be due a goal from a corner again soon. 1 in 52 is the stat so we must have had at least 100 since we last got a goal from one. Bohs are much stronger now than at the start of the season and will take points from others. A decent away point for me. We move on.

RAWA

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Last goal I can remember from a corner is Coll v Sligo. That's a very bad statistic and sometimes wonder do they overthink the corners. Although one of them they hit the bar from.

Maher was being told by a player to dive to his left but went right and seemed to go early again. Diallo failed to track run for the penalty and then tried to compensate with a silly tackle.

Overall, entertaining game. Bohs have improved. Glad to see Mullen get his first goal and he came close on two other occasions. Maybe he needs a bit of help up front. I wonder what him and Kavanagh would be like together.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Mokendi. Vv interesting post. I’m not a stats person but remember lots We win 90% of corners we get but headers are tame and off target Dundalk in their hey day punished us especially on set pieces and I’m amazed that we haven’t brought that element into our game It’s a coaching thing Lots of good outfits spend a lot of time on this I think we don’t We have Shane Mc Jannett Boyce Connelly and even Coll who are excellent The movement and execution needs coached Amazingly the absolute refusal to put a man deep out side the far post is baffling as is the lack of a runner to the D .did anyone notice that the scrapping of the 11 in the box for opponents corners was allowed v BOHS with the result that the 2nd and 3rd phase crosses this we give opponents was negated and we were coming out comfortably But wit 9 to go it’s strange we wait so long to do these things On the way down the consensus was we would win and score two My voice was v strident tho suggesting if Dialo and O Reilly continued their foul ridden habits it could all change

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:11 pm Mokendi. Vv interesting post. I’m not a stats person but remember lots We win 90% of corners we get but headers are tame and off target Dundalk in their hey day punished us especially on set pieces and I’m amazed that we haven’t brought that element into our game It’s a coaching thing Lots of good outfits spend a lot of time on this I think we don’t We have Shane Mc Jannett Boyce Connelly and even Coll who are excellent The movement and execution needs coached Amazingly the absolute refusal to put a man deep out side the far post is baffling as is the lack of a runner to the D .did anyone notice that the scrapping of the 11 in the box for opponents corners was allowed v BOHS with the result that the 2nd and 3rd phase crosses this we give opponents was negated and we were coming out comfortably But wit 9 to go it’s strange we wait so long to do these things On the way down the consensus was we would win and score two My voice was v strident tho suggesting if Dialo and O Reilly continued their foul ridden habits it could all change
O'Reilly was brilliant last night.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Eugenio it is a statistical fact that 0.2% of corners result directly in goals. 1 in 52. (Socceromics) In swinging corners result in more goals that out swinging corners.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Mokendi this is an eye opener for me thanks for that 🙏

Agree about O’Reilly last night Dialo was after a weak start excellent esp after Connelly went iff. Oooooo but saws that pen coming it was soooooo unnccessary. We were in total control Ah well. A great game we looked great Their No 7 was a bit of an animal tho and ref was. Welll They fouled every chance they got how 11 🤒stayed on is. Wellll/
Last edited by eugenio on Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

McGonigle involved in transfers totalling £95k. Let's ponder on that.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

mokendismucker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:31 pm Eugenio it is a statistical fact that 0.2% of corners result directly in goals. 1 in 52. (Socceromics) In swinging corners result in more goals that out swinging corners.
1 in 52 is 1.92%.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

I wish Higgins would stop praising player's last week it was Diallo then he goes out last night give away stupid penalty.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:32 pm
mokendismucker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:31 pm Eugenio it is a statistical fact that 0.2% of corners result directly in goals. 1 in 52. (Socceromics) In swinging corners result in more goals that out swinging corners.
1 in 52 is 1.92%.
Several years since I read the book. Apologies it was the decimal I mis quoted 0.02. The % was 1.92. Apparently now 1.27% of corners directly lead to goals…..