Derry City v Tobol QR3 2nd Leg Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
refjohn

Re: Kobol v Derry City Europa Conference League QR3 Leg 1 Match Thread

Post by refjohn »

Derry have asked permission to move next Thursday's game to Windsor Park. Fingers crossed as logistically will allow so many more people to attend.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

refjohn wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:21 pm Derry have asked permission to move next Thursday's game to Windsor Park. Fingers crossed as logistically will allow so many more people to attend.
And may pose visa difficulties for them!

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Nige92 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:49 pm
refjohn wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:21 pm Derry have asked permission to move next Thursday's game to Windsor Park. Fingers crossed as logistically will allow so many more people to attend.
And may pose visa difficulties for them!
They'd have needed UK visas if we'd been able to host them in the Brandywell, so it's not a substantive change in that regard.

Just a shame that this option wasn't pursued earlier (assuming it wasn't).

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Game being streamed via the following link for €15. Same site as KuPS match.

https://solidsport.com/fctobol/watch/fc ... derry-city

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

My good friend John Is this a feasible option seeing as we play in different “jurisdiction”’ so to speak ? If it’s on then it will be the best option for me A “home” game at last. Lol lol 😂 Home 15 mins after final whistle whee
Re the new timing regs I see most games in EFL went to 100 mins what’s your take on it Our wee keeper could put game into next day lol Time wasting is criminal but these games going on and on might be a bad thing What do you feel

burnfootbridiec

Post by burnfootbridiec »

Whoopee. Just imagine 2026 we'll be able to play our home games in Casement Park, if we go begging to the Gaa.

refjohn

Post by refjohn »

eugenio wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:18 pm
My good friend John Is this a feasible option seeing as we play in different “jurisdiction”’ so to speak ? If it’s on then it will be the best option for me A “home” game at last. Lol lol 😂 Home 15 mins after final whistle whee
Eugene - it seems IFA and FAI supportive - now in hands of UEFA. I would guess we get the green or red light tomorrow as they have to be fair to our visitors and making their travel plans - albeit if they are chartering a plane it is only 10 or 15 minutes more.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

refjohn wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:30 pm
eugenio wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:18 pm
Eugene - it seems IFA and FAI supportive - now in hands of UEFA. I would guess we get the green or red light tomorrow as they have to be fair to our visitors and making their travel plans - albeit if they are chartering a plane it is only 10 or 15 minutes more.
thanks John Fingers crossed if you need an overnight then you’ve got it

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

Many Derry fans in Belfast- wonder what way the tickets will be sold ? Hope we’re still in the tie next week.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Eugenie we could go to your house for tea ☕ and biscuits after the match.lol.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

footman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:09 pm Not reading too much into it but i see they lost 2 v 0 yesterday
Sounds like they made 11 changes to the team that played against Basel

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

magspat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:57 pm Eugenie we could go to your house for tea ☕ and biscuits after the match.lol.
Tea and biscuitssounds a bit naff but what about a fish supper you would be v welcome

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Listen. After the Euphoria of a “home” game for me I started reading comments about the game being poss in Windsor and then some major issues raised by a variety of people Derry and Linfield fans suggests that it’s fraught with delicate issues not the least the possible necessity to fly the tricolour at the ground Wow what a furore that would cause Really it could snowball into a disaster.
Looking at this one point I’d say if flying of flags is necessary then Tallagh is the only option No need to inflame the place with possible serious repercussions Just go to Tallagh

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

eugenio wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:13 am Listen. After the Euphoria of a “home” game for me I started reading comments about the game being poss in Windsor and then some major issues raised by a variety of people Derry and Linfield fans suggests that it’s fraught with delicate issues not the least the possible necessity to fly the tricolour at the ground Wow what a furore that would cause Really it could snowball into a disaster.
Looking at this one point I’d say if flying of flags is necessary then Tallagh is the only option No need to inflame the place with possible serious repercussions Just go to Tallagh
I think (or at least hope) this is being over-egged.

The tricolour gets displayed at Windsor every time Cliftonville visit. Just like the British flag has when Linfield fans visited the Brandywell to play either Derry City or Linfield. The world has yet to come to an end due to any of those.

City having a home game successfully at Windsor Park would be another small display of NI becoming a much more normal place. Just like when Stute were avle to play at Brandywell and host teams like Linfield and Glentoran without anyone batting an eyelid. We all have to move on and get over daft obsessions re flags etc. No better time than now to take another step forward on that.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

stevebradley wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:09 am
eugenio wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:13 am Listen. After the Euphoria of a “home” game for me I started reading comments about the game being poss in Windsor and then some major issues raised by a variety of people Derry and Linfield fans suggests that it’s fraught with delicate issues not the least the possible necessity to fly the tricolour at the ground Wow what a furore that would cause Really it could snowball into a disaster.

The tricolour gets displayed at Windsor every time Cliftonville visit. Just like the British flag has when Linfield fans visited the Brandywell to play either Derry City or Linfield. The world has yet to come to an end due to any of those.

No Steve when Cville visit Windsor the tricolour is not flown on a flag post but carried in by fans Ditto when Linfield and Glens cam in Setanta cup i to Derry. This is a whollly different scenario here and one best avoided just now …that’s my point
Spoke to some Linfield fans reasoned ones they find it a difficult one and a case they would. want to avoid

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

eugenio wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:35 am No Steve when Cville visit Windsor the tricolour is not flown on a flag post but carried in by fans Ditto when Linfield and Glens cam in Setanta cup i to Derry. This is a whollly different scenario here and one best avoided just now …that’s my point
When NI play ROI, at whatever level, the triclour flies from a flag pole at the ground. As is standard practice for internationals.
eugenio wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:35 am Spoke to some Linfield fans reasoned ones they find it a difficult one and a case they would. want to avoid
And those Linfield fas can choose to avoid it by exercising their right not to go to the game.

Some Linfield fans don't seem to realise that their club doesn't run the show at Windsor any more. The IFA does now (via a Stadium company).

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

stevebradley wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:09 am

City having a home game successfully at Windsor Park would be another small display of NI becoming a much more normal place. Just like when Stute were avle to play at Brandywell and host teams like Linfield and Glentoran without anyone batting an eyelid. We all have to move on and get over daft obsessions re flags etc. No better time than now to take another step forward on that.
Sensible words and, personally, I'd rather we 'normalised' the playing of the match within the 6 counties/at WP, than furnished our despised title rivals with thousands of euros.

TenaciousDee

Re: Tobol v Derry City Europa Conference League QR3 Leg 1 Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

So you'd like to line the pockets of the club (Linfield) who pushed and voted to kick us out of the Irish League?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:19 pm So you'd like to line the pockets of the club (Linfield) who pushed and voted to kick us out of the Irish League?
As IFA owns Windsor, will Linfield get any money?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

IFA pay rent to Linfield. Either way, I would rather give Rovers the money.