Kuopion Palloseura v Derry City UECL QR2 Leg 2

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Kuopion Palloseura v Derry City UECL QR2 Leg 2

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Re: Kuopion Palloseura v Derry City UECL QR2 Leg 2

Post by stevebradley »

A charter to the Faroes by the looks of it :D

chosen1

Post by chosen1 »

Paid for charter Monday ... it was cancelled Tuesday ... would loved to be going to Kuppio after tonights performance ... believe ... but no 4 flights for me . Loved tonight ...best night in Brandywell for a while .

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

chosen1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:41 pm Paid for charter Monday ... it was cancelled Tuesday ... would loved to be going to Kuppio after tonights performance ... believe ... but no 4 flights for me . Loved tonight ...best night in Brandywell for a while .
Didn't know it was cancelled :o What was the reason? Must be struggling to get a plane. Bad craic for the team if so.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Larger plane would have arrived Wednesday p.m. - too late. So had to book small 44 seater I believe to arrive 24 hour ahead of game. Would be great if larger one now possible as many would travel.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Do Kups play on grass or plastic?

Wonder how they found playing on our plastic surface? Obviously no mention of it from our side after that performance and result. :-)

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:37 pm Do Kups play on grass or plastic?

Wonder how they found playing on our plastic surface? Obviously no mention of it from our side after that performance and result. :-)
They've a plastic pitch too, although probably a better quality.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

This is one of the most intriguing games for years They played very confidently early on yet like Derry faded . Derry with Duffy and mc Mullan rampant showed urge ,drive and attacking capabilities hidden from us .Maybe our coach didn’t recognise these qualities in this squad ? Well now he sees it . So it’s pivotal …a win could swing the whole club’s axis to a new level in the way the cup final did. I just hope tinkering is left out of this one . Two pluses 1 they can’t cope with aggressive ball players and 2 Kavs goal,may spark him too ……..if he gets on . I worry about Dialo with his record of silly dangerous fouling . Set pieces troubled us lately. I love Doherty but worry about his defensive capabilities He was v v vulnerable on that side esp in the first half. Boyce on the other hand was magnificent . So there we have it …. I cannot call this one at all Second half performance again and it’s ours poss those few good chances will come again and we will get the goals as we deserved to at home . It will be historic if we do it. Wish I was there.
Btw a wee Freudian slip by a Derry player lately when in an interview he tried to claw back a hasty remark ie ‘ not allowed to talk about pitch “ then zoomed off the subject
So there we are Gothenburg Gretna Kups.
‘Oh let it be dear Lord let it be”. Sing it out

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Any chance LOI TV will cover?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:25 pm Any chance LOI TV will cover?
The Finns have it covered

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3882333859

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Fingers crossed Derry hold them out.

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

Safe trip there and back to everyone travelling

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Their top league goalscorer, Urho Nissila, has left the club. His contract expired and he is linked with a possible move to America.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

... and apparently the 3 'visaless' defenders are available. I still think we can do it if we start with the team that finished last week and they play with the same belief and intensity.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

I think we showed them too much respect during the opening half last week. RH was furious at the peno decision and waited to see the ref at half time. During this period he and most of the MF stand witnessed KuPS coming off high fiving each other with big wide grins on their bakes as if they had won the match.
We took it too them in the 2nd half showing no respect and realising that the ref was letting hard tackles go. They dont like the physical side of the game so we need to press hard tomorrow night right from the off.

All we need to do is not lose... Win or draw and we're in the money and the next round...

The futures bright, its red N white...

btw... The two European home games this season have been and created great memories... I hope people remember what Ruaidhri and the club have given us so far... Its still a lot to play for and we are doing it on 3 fronts... Lets keep the magic alive... RAWA

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

brandyball wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:44 pm
kitwe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:25 pm Any chance LOI TV will cover?
The Finns have it covered

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3882333859
If you purchase the Finnish coverage you can sync up their video coverage with the audio/commentary on Drive 105 whose volunteers travelled to Finland yesterday. If you want Derry commentary with the atmosphere at the ground then this is the best method.

For this to work you need to be listening online at their website or an online radio app. Once you hear the whistle on Drive 105 you press pause immediately. Wait a minute until you hear the whistle on the TV and play on the radio player. Mute the TV and off you go. I do this every time I watch from home but I will warn you, there are times the TV coverage lags by a few seconds and you have to repeat the process along with the action.

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

BELIEVE

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Message from Finland but don’t know if it’s a family wind up THEY say there might be a prob with link Any body hear anything wind up please

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

KuPs fans setting off fireworks outside the hotel the Derry team are staying last night....hopefully it backfires on them..