Derry City v Cork City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Derry City v Cork City Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

Not sure if it is the distraction of Europe, the break or general feeling shown towards the most recent performances but surprised that this has barely been mentioned this week.

Post all match predictions and after match reactions here. Match is live on LOITV, BBC Radio Foyle and Drive 105

Marty
First Team
First Team

Re: Derry City v Cork City Match Thread

Post by Marty »

Missed this so much!

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Let's get the 3pts tonight and hope Bohs can do the league a favour and win too.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

A starting team picked with one eye on Monday's game. Have to win this game tonight.

No Patching in the squad, what's the story there?

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

What a woeful first half. The skill execution from the players has been so poor. A hard watch

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Graydon was awful, McGonigle not far behind till he scored.

Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Happy with the the three points but that was grim. The performance, the atmosphere and the ref were all awful. Couldn't string a pass together. Thank god cork are toothless in the final third.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Not sure Torshavn will be too concerned.

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

A welcomed three points but what the hell does Higgins be coaching them as we are terrible to watch.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Nige92 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:56 pmNo Patching in the squad, what's the story there?
Official word is tendinitis in his knee

fergal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by fergal »

Think all the footballs been coached out of them. One of if not the most negative team in the league

Paul_C
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Paul_C »

A difficult watch

Monday can't come quick enough for Rovers

MINTER

Post by MINTER »

A welcome 3 points against a poor Cork side,glad to see Jamie get a goal but for me he is incredibly poor as where the vast majority of the team bar Brandon and Adam O reilly...Higgins tactics have completely sucked the life out of the brandywell...a result that has temporarily papered over cracks

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I reckon Boyce was fortunate not to be sent off in the first half for striking the Cork player before a corner kick. I was observing the box as McEneff prepared to deliver the cross and witnessed Boyce strike the Cork City Player. The Cork player initiated the reaction, but he should know better to charge into the player in the manner he did. One fella (may have been Holohan) motioned he used his elbow but he didn't.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

An important 3pts, but nothing really to add to what everyone else is saying. Brutal to watch.

This type of football will empty the place. There is a lot of goodwill around the team this season after last year's finish, the Cup Final etc, the place was buzzing.

Now you can hear the moaning and groaning getting louder. The atmosphere has been killed off. Fans are suffering watching this, and the casual fan will soon stop coming.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

At one point Derry won a throw right in Cork half. About twenty seconds later, the ball had been worked back all the way to Maher.

Hopefully McGonigle benefits from the goal. I thought the only time we looked dangerous was when Kavanagh was up close to him.

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:33 pm I reckon Boyce was fortunate not to be sent off in the first half for striking the Cork player before a corner kick. I was observing the box as McEneff prepared to deliver the cross and witnessed Boyce strike the Cork City Player. The Cork player initiated the reaction, but he should know better to charge into the player in the manner he did. One fella (may have been Holohan) motioned he used his elbow but he didn't.
I just happened to be watching Boyce at the time he pushed the guy in the face. An absolute bizarre reaction and I'd agree at the time I immediately said Boyce is getting sent off. Was shocked at the yellow being produced. The cork player however did as they tend to do roll about as if he was shot.

Striking sounds like he punched him 😂

3points banked and that's all I'll say on the game.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »