Derry City vs Bohs Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Derry City vs Bohs Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

Match is live on RTE 2 ,BBC Radio Foyle and Drive

Preview

https://audioboom.com/posts/8313842-do- ... SyMsBlegdk

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Re: Derry City vs Bohs Match Thread

Post by davybhoy »

Although we have a better squad even without the injured players I'll not hold my breath for a win. Too many players not on their game and a manager who doesn't mix up his tactics.

Like many people at this point we'd like to see a win and a performance but it's more hope than expectation at this point that we go to matches. Won 4 out of 10 home matches which would put us 7th on home form.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

Having a stand full behind you and facing you should give a player or manager a certain degree of confidence that you have backing even when results and form are not going your way but that’s not going to happen? The board, I assume have more wisdom, to wait out the doldrums and back the plan they have put in place to gather momentum. If they don’t, then they may question themselves and stand aside.

I had the outside hope last season that we could wrest the title from Shamrock this year but realistically was willing to wait to hit that target next year.

Just turning up in numbers without the consistent demonstrative support to lift the team also begs the question - are we the right people to do a supporters job. I think we are also on trial as well as the management and players.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

And Akintunde starting for Bohs.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Tumbleweed.

MINTER

Post by MINTER »

Parcel of shite.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Dire Straights

Paul_C
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Paul_C »

Pure dung

Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Really poor stuff but it's been the same all year. Mceleney and diallo must have a competition who can pass the ball to Maher the most. Decent crowd and atmosphere at times tonight but we create very few chances.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

We badly need a forward.

And some creativity in the team. It's utter shite to watch.

4 wins in 11 at home now.

As for other results tonight, I think this is the night the league officially ended. Rovers are now 6pts clear of us. We won't make up those number of points, especially playing the muck we have been serving up. They will get more consistent, and will win the league by a large margin.
Last edited by Keyser Soze on Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jungleoldie

Post by jungleoldie »

Apart from the final and the rovers game last year we were gash at the end of season
Think teams stood of us a bit at the start of season and we got a few results but we have been well and truely rumbled now
There is times you have to go back to go forward but 2 3 4 and then ping long diagonal ball everyone knows ,sees it, we are easy to play against
We never mix it
And it's never at pace
Don't think I've seen a decent though ball all year, another by product of the slow build up ,it's hard to watch right now

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Double handball but no penalty. Shocking Decision

https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/16 ... EaKyg&s=19

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

It was a pen. Their CB didn't do it intentionally but it hit him twice ffs. Normally you get those decisions at home and the ref had a clear view so who knows.

But if you play with no striker for 80minutes and push Duffy and Graydon out to the touchlines how are we ment to score? A few half chances but no real sustained pressure on the Bohs goal.

Diallo keeps the ball moving but is also prone to losing possession in dangerous areas.

Most number passes we strung together was about 5 and 4 of them along the back.

Ponderous and predictable football and to be fair to Bohs a draw was a fair result.

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

That was shite , couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Very very poor football aside the penalty claim this is dire to watch created very little,five new players at least needed as I said from start of season we need a good centre forward.if things don't buck up lucky to finish mid table.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

magspat wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:19 pm Very very poor football aside the penalty claim this is dire to watch created very little,five new players at least needed as I said from start of season we need a good centre forward.if things don't buck up lucky to finish mid table.
Higgins said he may bring a couple of players in.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

"May".

He needs to freshen up this team, otherwise we will be lucky to get euro football next season.

The teams around us are improving, we are going backwards and injuries are hurting us. If we don't sign anyone it will be a battle for 4th.

chucho

Post by chucho »

Not sure the players are the issue. Have any players been improved by signing for us? I can think of several whose performances have deteriorated. O'Reilly the prime example. Excellent in the President's cup against an experienced Rovers midfield. Now the game passes him by as our sole tactic is to pump a long diagonal ball and hope for the best.