Derry City v $h£l$ Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Derry City v $h£l$ Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:07 am It simply isn't good enough.

Despite our league position (which could be 3rd if Bohs win their game in hand), we have gone backwards this season.

There is next to no entertaining games, the tactics aren't working yet we persist with them, and we seem clueless. The squad of players is better than our performances, much better. So it has to be manager tactics that's to blame. We were lead to believe RH was the most promising young manager around when he signed. That he was a fantastic oppositon analyst.

Well what we've seen is proving all this to be nonsense. We look devoid of any ideas, and often get outplayed by teams with a fraction of our budget and squad. We were lucky to get a draw last night again.

Reading other fans views of us is showing the same. The last few weeks, I have now read Sligo and Shels fans saying they can't believe how poor we are. Well, neither can we.

Things need to be sorted soon. Speaking to a lot of folk I know who go to games, everyone is p1ssed off, and rightly so. It's not good enough. When you pay the biggest money for 2 of the top coaches, you expect better.
Who's the 2 top coaches?

candystriper 90

Post by candystriper 90 »

Next Friday will be our 11th home game of the season. I am asking the fans to join with me in the 11th minute to snore or take part in a slow clap. The management team must take the silence during the games for us being in awe of their groundbreaking tactics. Who doesn't want to sit and watch us play a game of get the ball back to Maher so he can stand posing over the ball for a few minutes thinking he is a modern day Hoddle.

It's a shame as Rhuairi seems a good fella but he's going to end up leaving thinking he could have done so much more

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

candystriper 90 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:25 pm Next Friday will be our 11th home game of the season. I am asking the fans to join with me in the 11th minute to snore or take part in a slow clap. The management team must take the silence during the games for us being in awe of their groundbreaking tactics. Who doesn't want to sit and watch us play a game of get the ball back to Maher so he can stand posing over the ball for a few minutes thinking he is a modern day Hoddle.

It's a shame as Rhuairi seems a good fella but he's going to end up leaving thinking he could have done so much more
Bit harsh on the Keeper.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

brandyball wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Despite our league position (which could be 3rd if Bohs win their game in hand), we have gone backwards this season.

There is next to no entertaining games, the tactics aren't working yet we persist with them, and we seem clueless. The squad of players is better than our performances, much better. So it has to be manager tactics that's to blame. We were lead to believe RH was the most promising young manager around when he signed. That he was a fantastic oppositon analyst.

Well what we've seen is proving all this to be nonsense. We look devoid of any ideas, and often get outplayed by teams with a fraction of our budget and squad. We were lucky to get a draw last night again.

Reading other fans views of us is showing the same. The last few weeks, I have now read Sligo and Shels fans saying they can't believe how poor we are. Well, neither can we.

Things need to be sorted soon. Speaking to a lot of folk I know who go to games, everyone is p1ssed off, and rightly so. It's not good enough. When you pay the biggest money for 2 of the top coaches, you expect better.
Who's the 2 top coaches?
Is that a serious question?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:13 pm
brandyball wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Who's the 2 top coaches?
Is that a serious question?
Have you seen top coaching recently apart from playing around at the back and hitting the left wing? Playing 1 up front and players out of position?

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Higgins waffling on how good opposition teams are.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

magspat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:10 pm Higgins waffling on how good opposition teams are.
Aye always before games too. We may have another Bluffer on our hands.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:53 pm
candystriper 90 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:25 pm Next Friday will be our 11th home game of the season. I am asking the fans to join with me in the 11th minute to snore or take part in a slow clap. The management team must take the silence during the games for us being in awe of their groundbreaking tactics. Who doesn't want to sit and watch us play a game of get the ball back to Maher so he can stand posing over the ball for a few minutes thinking he is a modern day Hoddle.

Bit harsh on the Keeper.
Maher is probably our standout player at the moment (he was last night, alongside Connolly). He personally stopped at least 2 certain goals, including the penalty. He is not the source of any of our problems, and is presumably only doing what he's told re style of play. Harsh to take a swipe at who I perosnally believe is the best keeper in the league.

(Shels' keeper last night was also superb btw).

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Ayh Maher is a good keeper 100%.[youtube][/youtube]

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Mahers much better on the ball than hoddle.