Paddy McLaughlin

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Re: Paddy McLaughlin

Post by Keyser Soze »

If they have a goalscorer, might be worth a shout but perhaps we need to see how Whelan does for us, when he starts playing.

Also, we are in bad need of an attacking midfielder who drives forward and can arrive in the box. They got one of those?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:01 pm If they have a goalscorer, might be worth a shout but perhaps we need to see how Whelan does for us, when he starts playing.

Also, we are in bad need of an attacking midfielder who drives forward and can arrive in the box. They got one of those?
Larne does. :lol:

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

dcfc_jp_1989 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:05 pm
brandyball wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:16 pm Wonder will he take players with him?
Without sounding ignorant & maybe someone who watches the IL closely could shed more light on it but are there any players at Cliftonville that would improve us or give us something different to what we already have?
I watch Cliftonville a lot and they are not bad, but no-one I think would improve us.

Doherty in midfield is tidy - but no better than what we have

Addis at the back - very good footballer, but may lack the pace needed for LOI

Ryan Curran would be a better option for us than McGonigle at present, he has improved as a player and an intelligent footballer, - their league challenge fell away when he got injured this year

The rest - none would do.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

joe3576 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:58 pm
dcfc_jp_1989 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:05 pm
brandyball wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:16 pm Wonder will he take players with him?
Without sounding ignorant & maybe someone who watches the IL closely could shed more light on it but are there any players at Cliftonville that would improve us or give us something different to what we already have?
I watch Cliftonville a lot and they are not bad, but no-one I think would improve us.

Doherty in midfield is tidy - but no better than what we have

Addis at the back - very good footballer, but may lack the pace needed for LOI

Ryan Curran would be a better option for us than McGonigle at present, he has improved as a player and an intelligent footballer, - their league challenge fell away when he got injured this year

The rest - none would do.
Can't believe you, like myself, watch Cliftonville and have highlighted Addis who has had a poor season with last Saturday (and a certain ex Candystripe forward giving him the runaround) summing it up.

Agreed about Curran but it won't happen for reason I mentioned previously.

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

Sean Moore is the only player even worth considering at Cliftonville. Hes got youth, ability and can be developed.

Curran isnt good enough despite his name being mentioned in here numerous times.

Great to see Higgins has managed to get a man in. I didnt think he would have wanted him back after telling Derry NAW last year but there you go.

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

dcfc_legend9 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:57 am Sean Moore is the only player even worth considering at Cliftonville. Hes got youth, ability and can be developed.

Curran isnt good enough despite his name being mentioned in here numerous times.

Great to see Higgins has managed to get a man in. I didnt think he would have wanted him back after telling Derry NAW last year but there you go.
A lot of comment sense there.

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

TenaciousDee wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:55 pm Since before Christmas, Ryan has barely featured. Spent 9 or so games on the bench or not included in the squad at all. They also drafted in Parkhouse on loan and he has barely played either.
That's because he was carrying a serious injury and they were not sure how he would go with it, so they put him on the bench and just used him 15-20 mins at at time. By all accounts, he was very well thought of by insisting on being part of the squad despite having an injury.

The other times he was not included, he was fully injured and could not play.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Nige92 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:11 pm
da-gama wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:17 am
Odd? On face value perhaps.
I only say 'odd' as it's not often you see managers given up their job to move to an assistant coaching position.
Probably doubling his wages.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:10 pm
Keyser Soze wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:01 pm If they have a goalscorer, might be worth a shout but perhaps we need to see how Whelan does for us, when he starts playing.

Larne does. :lol:
What's his name again!? :lol:

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Is this official yet?
Still no mention of it on any websites.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:12 am Is this official yet?
Still no mention of it on any websites.
Nothing official , Kevin McLaughlin is confident Paddy will be in dugout VS Cork City.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Marty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:43 pm Ryan Curran, o dear god. Has eugino got burner accounts?
You would need to explain this :evil:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Paddy's back home and on better money with no travelling. I would trust his good judgement in attracting Irish League players to Brandywell.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:19 am Paddy's back home and on better money with no travelling. I would trust his good judgement in attracting Irish League players to Brandywell.
No travelling, except to away games. :lol:

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:24 pm
kitwe wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:19 am Paddy's back home and on better money with no travelling. I would trust his good judgement in attracting Irish League players to Brandywell.
Checks fixtures. 3 day round trip to Cork leaving yesterday back Saturday morning. :lol:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:46 pm
brandyball wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:24 pm
Checks fixtures. 3 day round trip to Cork leaving yesterday back Saturday morning. :lol:
Beats a round trip to Belshaft. :P

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

eugenio wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:05 pm
Marty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:43 pm Ryan Curran, o dear god. Has eugino got burner accounts?
Still in the dark as to what this implies.

You should see I’m not posing lately and certainly haven’t posted here on his topic until this one. Reluctantly it must be
But. In the dark as to the remark

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

eugenio wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:36 pm
eugenio wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:05 pm
Still in the dark as to what this implies.

You should see I’m not posing lately and certainly haven’t posted here on his topic until this one. Reluctantly it must be
But. In the dark as to the remark
I think Marty is suggesting that you may be a fan of Ryan Curran? Could be wrong. :?

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Paddy's 1st home game last night and we play a different way, on the front foot, and win.

Any correlation?