Alan Reynolds

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Paul_C
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Alan Reynolds

Post by Paul_C »

A big loss to the gaffer, the team and the fans 🤕

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Re: Alan Reynolds

Post by davybhoy »

Yep he was a good fit and very knowledgeable.

Suppose living 250 miles away from the family and travelling up and down that road all the time would be pretty tough. Good luck to him.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Home game. Plastic pitch. No assistant manager. Add it to the list of excuses we'll make at the end of the season :lol:

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

Nige92 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:33 pm Home game. Plastic pitch. No assistant manager. Add it to the list of excuses we'll make at the end of the season :lol:
Think the loss of our assistant manager can be a deciding factor in winning leagues etc. Higgins will have to move swiftly to get a decent replacement as we do not have anyone in our ranks who I believe could fill in.

It will also take any assistant manager time to get to know the place, understand the players and build a rapport. Likewise the players will need to understand what the assistant is about and a trust will need to be built. All this takes a bit of time and could upset the applecart this season.

We need to start looking for an assistant locally or in the north at least. Thats a few guys now who have struggled with travelling, living so far away from home.

Goodluck to Rennie and he will no doubt be missed.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

To me it felt like a few of our signings were down to Reynolds (like a lot of the ROI u21 signings) so I wonder if recruitment will be affected.

I think we went for Paddy McLaughlin as assistant prior to Reynolds but I'd find it hard to see him step down from a manager job for that.

Would someone like Paul Hegarty be a good assistant? I thought he was good in the past and probably a bit underrated. Harps went down when Horgan lost him last year I think.

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

rodgers wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:22 am To me it felt like a few of our signings were down to Reynolds (like a lot of the ROI u21 signings) so I wonder if recruitment will be affected.

I think we went for Paddy McLaughlin as assistant prior to Reynolds but I'd find it hard to see him step down from a manager job for that.

Would someone like Paul Hegarty be a good assistant? I thought he was good in the past and probably a bit underrated. Harps went down when Horgan lost him last year I think.
Yeah I would have thought that Reynolds would have had a big pull over getting a few of the recent loan signings etc here with his work with the U21s.

I do think we need an assistant who is a motivator and potentially someone who the players fear to a certain degree. Need someone who will tell the players how it is if the performances haven't been good enough. Kind of like a good cop/bad cop act with Higgins providing the methodical, calm approach and an assistant manager who will clamp down on boys and also have their backs when required.

Hopefully we can get someone is ASAP.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Massive loss on many levels.

Wish him all the best but it leaves us in a tough position in the short term.

Difficult challenge to fill that role with someone as experienced and well connected in the league. All well and good getting a local person in but will they have LOI experience? If not, then there will be a bedding in period required.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Higgins said in post match interview ' nothing has been confirmed yet, talks will continue over the weekend".

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:18 pm Higgins said in post match interview ' nothing has been confirmed yet, talks will continue over the weekend".
Really? That would be some turnaround it if happens. Fingers crossed!

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:55 pm
brandyball wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:18 pm Higgins said in post match interview ' nothing has been confirmed yet, talks will continue over the weekend".
Really? That would be some turnaround it if happens. Fingers crossed!
Is Derry due any compo? Unless that's what the talks are about?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Alan Reynolds departure confirmed now.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:04 pm Alan Reynolds departure confirmed now.
https://www.derrycityfc.net/2023/04/alan-reynolds/

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Sadly Alan's mother, Helen, passed away today.