Oh Spot the Looney

Sub forum to discuss what you know about DCFC history.
TenaciousDee

Oh Spot the Looney

Post by TenaciousDee »

Just watched a video uploaded to YouTube by Vinny Cunningham containing rushes of video for a package UTV was creating around the return of professional football in the city. Included was goal highlights of the Home Farm Everton game in the League Cup in 1985.

Just before Home Farm equalised the chant "Oh Spot the Looney" broke out in the Jungle. I won't lie I absolutely belly laughed when I heard it. It has been a long time since I heard that on the terraces of football but support in sport back then seemed more jovial.

Any chant you lot miss in Football?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Oh Spot the Looney

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:01 pm Just watched a video uploaded to YouTube by Vinny Cunningham containing rushes of video for a package UTV was creating around the return of professional football in the city. Included was goal highlights of the Home Farm Everton game in the League Cup in 1985.

Just before Home Farm equalised the chant "Oh Spot the Looney" broke out in the Jungle. I won't lie I absolutely belly laughed when I heard it. It has been a long time since I heard that on the terraces of football but support in sport back then seemed more jovial.

Any chant you lot miss in Football?
A classic indeed. :lol:

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

TenaciousDee wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:01 pm Any chant you lot miss in Football?
"We are red, we are white we are fucking dynamite, na na na na na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaa"
repeat ad nauseum...

Its the simple things that make you happy...

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I used to love the Man U stolen "When Gareth Goes marching down the win". You could adapt it for Duffy but don't think it would be the same. Also miss a good "walking in a City Wonderland" chant too.

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

Dig a hole, dig a hole dig a hole :D

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Neutrino wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:28 pm Dig a hole, dig a hole dig a hole :D
Belter. Forgot all about dig a hole.