Attendances

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Attendances

Post by brandyball »

Attendances were up by 1/3 rd Last season with City's average attendance up to 3,184.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Re: Attendances

Post by Keyser Soze »

Slightly confused by that stat.

Official capacity is 3700, so they are saying, on average, there were hundreds of spaces free at some games?

Don't remember many, even the early cup rounds.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:16 pm Slightly confused by that stat.

Official capacity is 3700, so they are saying, on average, there were hundreds of spaces free at some games?

Don't remember many, even the early cup rounds.
Did Council not curtail Capacity?

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

Its Derry lads, We have been notorious over the years for hiding our attendance figures. :lol:

Although I will say at one point during the season the Mark Farren stand that season tickets have been provided to sponsors etc where seldom being used with tons of seats lying empty.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

dcfc_legend9 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:06 am Its Derry lads, We have been notorious over the years for hiding our attendance figures. :lol:

Although I will say at one point during the season the Mark Farren stand that season tickets have been provided to sponsors etc where seldom being used with tons of seats lying empty.
My seat in the MF Stand is beside a few sponsors ones, and in fairness they were almost always taken. Exceptions were the cup games, as they get reallocated to different sponsors for them.

A sizeable number of people with tickets for the MF choose to stand either side of it instead - especially at the Brandywell Road end.

No way were there 5-600 empty seats on average across each of our games. When you take out the guaranteed full houses, that would mean some games were apparently having 800 or more empty spaces ? Not by my eyes anyway :geek:

I don;t like the way we've never been open about attendances. There is no genuine tax impact from doing so, as you can alter the mix of concessions, youth, freebies etc declared within any number you announce to suit whatever you want.