Harps gone

Any other business within the league can be discussed here.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Harps gone

Post by eugenio »

Sadly HARPS are gone SORRY like them

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Harps gone

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:01 pm Sadly HARPS are gone SORRY like them
They didn't like us.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

For once Ollie didn't find a way. Can't imagine him remaining at the club and I also can't see them getting out for at least 3 years.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:48 pm For once Ollie didn't find a way. Can't imagine him remaining at the club and I also can't see them getting out for at least 3 years.
I don't think Ollie will hang about either.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Alan Cawley late last night or earlier this morning was tweeting as if he believed the same. Suggested that Harps should go with Kevin McHugh as manager and go back to combing the county for players, instead of looking "here, there and everywhere". I think it is fair to say Ollie overachieved keeping Harps in the league for 4 years and the obstacle now for Harps is, if one or both Galway and Waterford stay in the first division, there is money being spent at both clubs. UCD, if they go down, will find it easier to assemble a squad that could help promote them due to the University's recruitment and scholarships. What is the attraction to Finn Harps? As Ollie said at the start of the season, the days of giving a player €50-100 a week are now gone. Harps will struggle to change that model.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Ollies gone too.