Cup Final

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Re: Cup Final

Post by Keyser Soze »

You must just be going to Ticketmaster direct. There's only general sale for neutral fans there.
You have to use the link on email from Derry City to get to separate option for the Derry sections.

thischarmingman

Post by thischarmingman »

Ah I see thanks, was trying to get them for a relative. I'll get the link from them.

dcbhoy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by dcbhoy »

mokendismucker wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:36 am
brandyball wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:24 am
kitwe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:09 am Will final tickets be strictly seat numbered? Or will we have freedom to move around Derry section? This would impact on group sitting together. Also can one buy 4 tickets tomorrow?
People who already bought tickets have said the tickets are numbered with Block, Seat numbers etc.
Isn’t that a strange thing…………
No seat numbers , just block numbers, unreserved seating

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

dcbhoy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:39 pm
mokendismucker wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:36 am
brandyball wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:24 am

People who already bought tickets have said the tickets are numbered with Block, Seat numbers etc.
Isn’t that a strange thing…………
No seat numbers , just block numbers, unreserved seating
https://www.facebook.com/groups/derryci ... 453704435/

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Same thing here.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Tickets selling extremely well.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Tickets were sold as UNRESERVED but seem to have a row and seat number.

I'm guessing just grab whatever seat you want when you arrive in your section.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

Looking at seating allocation on ticketmaster for Derry fans seem to be only available now on upper tiers, miles away from initial available sections, assuming all lower allocation booked.
Looks have to go for neutral tickets to get near the pitch.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm There may be a special train put on for the Cup Final

https://www.facebook.com/groups/derryci ... 013731579/
Train confirmed

https://www.facebook.com/groups/derryci ... 667115147/

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Got 3 train tickets on DC special. Now need one for grandson. Can anyone help?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:45 am
brandyball wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm There may be a special train put on for the Cup Final

https://www.facebook.com/groups/derryci ... 013731579/
Train confirmed

https://www.facebook.com/groups/derryci ... 667115147/
Train now sold out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/derryci ... 903469990/

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Got train sorted. A few tickets appeared later on. Don't give up. Saw one just now still on site

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Keyser Soze wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:07 am You must just be going to Ticketmaster direct. There's only general sale for neutral fans there.
You have to use the link on email from Derry City to get to separate option for the Derry sections.
The Ticketmaster site shows everything that's available. The Derry City link just shows the blocks which are confirmed as for Derryb City and leaves out the neutral spaces where a lot of Derry fans will be buying.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

kitwe wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:17 pm Got train sorted. A few tickets appeared later on. Don't give up. Saw one just now still on site
We've (Into The West) asked Translink to look at whether additional carriages or a second train would be possible (Derry's new station can accommodate up to 9 carriages, and the train is currently 6 cars long).

I'm not overly hopeful, but I see the site where they sell the train and bus special tickets from says that they are "currently reviewing various transport options for this event", so you never know !

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

We really need to start 2 up top in the cup final.

This lone striker with no supply ain't working, and need to speed things up too. Duffer will park the bus and let us overpass it like we do.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:18 pm We really need to start 2 up top in the cup final.

This lone striker with no supply ain't working, and need to speed things up too. Duffer will park the bus and let us overpass it like we do.
If we play like last night it'll be an awful final.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

I think Duff will love it to be an awful final, as long as he wins.

We are bringing a massive crowd down for it. The town is buzzing, and it is a chance to capture new fans for next season.

Let's hope we try to make it a good final. I'd rather have a go and lose, than play like last night again and possibly lose on pens or something

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

The ref for the final is Damien McGraith

https://www.extratime.com/articles/2951 ... the-aviva/

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:58 pm I think Duff will love it to be an awful final, as long as he wins.

We are bringing a massive crowd down for it. The town is buzzing, and it is a chance to capture new fans for next season.

Let's hope we try to make it a good final. I'd rather have a go and lose, than play like last night again and possibly lose on pens or something
Yeah Duff is a Mourinho disciple and the way he sets up and talks is all out of the ‘anti football’ manual. His teams are set up to spoil and deny but unlike the Chelsea team he played in there is no cutting edge like he himself provided to scoop the 1-0. So they rely on their press to cough up an opposition mistake (twice in the Brandywell) or a set piece.

Don’t expect this final to be pretty or a classic. We have the players to get it done and its down to RH to work out how. Duff’s approach in general, considering the footballer he was and the way he played, has been very disappointing and as with Mourinho, I’m not a fan.

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

mokendismucker wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:08 pm
Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:58 pm I think Duff will love it to be an awful final, as long as he wins.

Yeah Duff is a Mourinho disciple and the way he sets up and talks is all out of the ‘anti football’ manual. His teams are set up to spoil and deny but unlike the Chelsea team he played in there is no cutting edge like he himself provided to scoop the 1-0. So they rely on their press to cough up an opposition mistake (twice in the Brandywell) or a set piece.

Don’t expect this final to be pretty or a classic. We have the players to get it done and its down to RH to work out how. Duff’s approach in general, considering the footballer he was and the way he played, has been very disappointing and as with Mourinho, I’m not a fan.

Damien Duff has done a fantastic job whatever people say about his style of football it has been effective and helped them over-achieve this year. They only came up from the 1st division this year and we all know there is a gap to be bridged when making that transition. They currently sit 4th from bottom with a chance to over-take Bohs provided results go their way (The could end up 3rd bottom also I am aware). I am pretty sure at the start of the year the objective would have been to survive first and foremost which they have done along with getting the added bonus of a cup final day out.

He would have looked at his side at the beginning of the year and signed players that he knew would help him achieve those objectives. Tactical wise I am sure that will change over time however if we look at their start to the season Duff quickly realised he wasnt going to get results if he didnt change things quickly. Thats a sign of a good manager.

Yes they spoil, Yes they waste time, Yes they drop deep and make teams try and play through them but I wouldnt necessarily say its bad to watch id see it as more frustrating when your on the opposite end of it. We probably need to look at our own slow, lethargic pass backward style if we are criticising Duff and his team.

Id say Duff will slowly change his style when he gets to add more players that he likes potentially next year.