Season Ticket holders seats

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
dcbhoy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Season Ticket holders seats

Post by dcbhoy »

They are looking into an installment system for renewals, hopefully get it up and running soon, big hit before Christmas.

From website
At this time, the platform only prioritises those that wish to pay in full for their season ticket. At this time, our ticketing provider does not support instalment payments for renewals. The club are investigating other options and will revert in the coming days.[/i][/i][/i][/i]

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

dcbhoy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:05 pm They are looking into an installment system for renewals, hopefully get it up and running soon, big hit before Christmas.

From website
At this time, the platform only prioritises those that wish to pay in full for their season ticket. At this time, our ticketing provider does not support instalment payments for renewals. The club are investigating other options and will revert in the coming days.[/i][/i][/i][/i]
The Priority window fior online renewals closes 10th December.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

dcbhoy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:05 pm They are looking into an installment system for renewals, hopefully get it up and running soon, big hit before Christmas.

From website
No installment plan due to admin costs. So if you don't renew vy 10th December your seat goes on general sale. Cynical ploy by the club.

dcfc_legend9
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_legend9 »

brandyball wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:29 pm

From website
No installment plan due to admin costs. So if you don't renew vy 10th December your seat goes on general sale. Cynical ploy by the club.
Seems to be alot of conflicting reports regarding the club offering a pay up service with nothing concrete coming from Derry themselves. Surely they cant expect every season ticket holder at the heart of Christmas to renew within a 10 day window in one foul swoop.

Hopefully this gets rectified in some format sooner rather than later for the supporters that have been with the club through thick and thin.

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

Pay up in one fowl swoop. Are they Tories in disguise?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

New Away Shirt

Post by stevebradley »

Was down at O'Neills at lunchtime there, and the new away shirt is actually quite nice. I reckon you can never really judge a football shirt until you see it in the flesh, and it looks better than it does in the photos. There's also a nice contrast black version of it too that has sold out in O'Neills in most adult sizes already.

They've also released a load of other new leisurewear too - polo shirts, half-zips etc - in the away colours, but also in red and in black too. Some nice stuff there.

As always - buy direct from the club shop if you can, as more of the money gets kept that way : www.dcfconlinestore.com And great work by the merchandise team at the club.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: New Away Shirt

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm Was down at O'Neills at lunchtime there, and the new away shirt is actually quite nice. I reckon you can never really judge a football shirt until you see it in the flesh, and it looks better than it does in the photos. There's also a nice contrast black version of it too that has sold out in O'Neills in most adult sizes already.

They've also released a load of other new leisurewear too - polo shirts, half-zips etc - in the away colours, but also in red and in black too. Some nice stuff there.

As always - buy direct from the club shop if you can, as more of the money gets kept that way : www.dcfconlinestore.com And great work by the merchandise team at the club.
Wonder are the club aware of the current financial crisis?

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Did someone at the club not say season ticket holders would still have their seats held even after 10 Dec. even though priority window closed.
I know this sounds contradictory but it's not like the club to be so hasty or final regards renewal for faithful season ticket holders.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

brandyball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:54 pm
stevebradley wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm Was down at O'Neills at lunchtime there, and the new away shirt is actually quite nice. I reckon you can never really judge a football shirt until you see it in the flesh, and it looks better than it does in the photos. There's also a nice contrast black version of it too that has sold out in O'Neills in most adult sizes already.

???

Club can't win.

A brand new range of great gear has just been released, but its a negative thing now?

If they had released no new gear then there would be complaints about that too.

No-one is being dragged into ONeills or online and being forced to buy this stuff. In fact, it might be a relief for some people who now have something they could buy as a Xmas present .

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

I don't mind the away kit at all... but dislike the fussy collar.

The colours are a nod to the past and its a more practical playing kit than the sky blue.

My issue, with all the Oneil's tops - home or away, is the low production quality.

When you compare them to the previous supplier there's just no comparison and for the same price too.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Santa comes but once a year. :lol:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:53 pm

Santa comes but once a year. :lol:
How many reams does our candystripe jersey clash with? Does it merit a 2nd away top? Is it just another moneyspinning exercise by the club?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

The Club are a business. And approaching Christmas parents and fans (not all, granted) look forward to gift ideas. Why not bring out another shirt? There's no obligation to buy them. If not a Derry top it could be a Celtic, Liverpool or Utd or Barcelona one. My advice, and i've done it for myself and my kids is go onto the GAA site and pick up older DCFC gear for a fraction of the price.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:09 pm The Club are a business. And approaching Christmas parents and fans (not all, granted) look forward to gift ideas. Why not bring out another shirt? There's no obligation to buy them. If not a Derry top it could be a Celtic, Liverpool or Utd or Barcelona one. My advice, and i've done it for myself and my kids is go onto the GAA site and pick up older DCFC gear for a fraction of the price.
Oh Aye I know they're a business but adding £34(including handling charge) and advising supporters to renew online in one go as well as producing a 2nd away top in the mouth of Christmas during a financial crisis is a bit cynical by the club knowing they'll probably be over subscribed.

Community Club you say?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm
marcoloco wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:09 pm The Club are a business. And approaching Christmas parents and fans (not all, granted) look forward to gift ideas. Why not bring out another shirt? There's no obligation to buy them. If not a Derry top it could be a Celtic, Liverpool or Utd or Barcelona one. My advice, and i've done it for myself and my kids is go onto the GAA site and pick up older DCFC gear for a fraction of the price.
Oh Aye I know they're a business but adding £34(including handling charge) and advising supporters to renew online in one go as well as producing a 2nd away top in the mouth of Christmas during a financial crisis is a bit cynical by the club knowing they'll probably be over subscribed.

Community Club you say?
You do realise that people have a choice about whether or not they buy these jerseys ? It's not a compulsory thing.

Unfortunately there is indeed a cost of living crisis facing many. But we also both know that there will be a shit-load of money spent in this city in the run up to Christmas. It sounds like you'd be happier if it was being spent on toys made in China etc on Amazon and in English chainstores than on a Derry shirt made just down the road in Strabane.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:42 pm
brandyball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm

Community Club you say?
You do realise that people have a choice about whether or not they buy these jerseys ? It's not a compulsory thing.

Unfortunately there is indeed a cost of living crisis facing many. But we also both know that there will be a shit-load of money spent in this city in the run up to Christmas. It sounds like you'd be happier if it was being spent on toys made in China etc on Amazon and in English chainstores than on a Derry shirt made just down the road in Strabane.
You're right of course, why do we need a 2nd away top? Apart from commercial reasons obviously.

Charlie89

Post by Charlie89 »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:53 pm I don't mind the away kit at all... but dislike the fussy collar.

The colours are a nod to the past and its a more practical playing kit than the sky blue.

My issue, with all the Oneil's tops - home or away, is the low production quality.

When you compare them to the previous supplier there's just no comparison and for the same price too.
Maybe I’ve been washing them wrong but I always found the Adidas tops to be of low quality …diamond sponsor always comes off at the front lol….I’d keep O’Neill’s if it was up to me. Great to walk past a shop in the city centre full of Derry gear

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:31 pm Did someone at the club not say season ticket holders would still have their seats held even after 10 Dec. even though priority window closed.
I know this sounds contradictory but it's not like the club to be so hasty or final regards renewal for faithful season ticket holders.
No according to Karen Pyne

Renewals only
Not possible to move/add seats at this time
No need to renew on Day 1 – seats are protected for a minimum period
Online sales only at this time
Full ticket price purchase only

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Charlie89 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:46 pm
marcoloco wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:53 pm I don't mind the away kit at all... but dislike the fussy collar.

Maybe I’ve been washing them wrong but I always found the Adidas tops to be of low quality …diamond sponsor always comes off at the front lol….I’d keep O’Neill’s if it was up to me. Great to walk past a shop in the city centre full of Derry gear
100% - Shame its not our club shop.

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

In fairness most clubs change their tops every year- the home top is getting used for a second year so you can't tell me the club are milking it. The new keeper top seems to flying off the shelves- its great to see loads of Derry city gear getting bought. There was a steady flow into the brandywell last night as far as I seen whilst the shop assistant in O'Neills said they were flat out.