Season Ticket holders seats

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Re: Season Ticket holders seats

Post by davybhoy »

I'm renewing 4 seats but one of the seat numbers is incorrect and I sent in the query form on Wednesday - anyone know how long it takes for the staff to come back- I know they'll be busy.

STANDUP

Post by STANDUP »

My query was answered in a few hours.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

davybhoy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:23 pm I'm renewing 4 seats but one of the seat numbers is incorrect and I sent in the query form on Wednesday - anyone know how long it takes for the staff to come back- I know they'll be busy.
Karen said allow up to 3 days.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: New Away Shirt

Post by brandyball »

I know most clubs change their shirts. Looks like the club is making a killing , just wonder why need 2 away tops and with the Club increasing season ticket by £34 (including handling charge).

The fact the club is insisting on an online renewal and we must pay in full. I still feel its a cynical ploy by the Club.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

I assume this new top is replacing the blue away for the coming season?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:16 pm I assume this new top is replacing the blue away for the coming season?
Aye but that'll be 2nd away top

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

The club hasn't increased season ticket prices since 2018 or 19. Same for match day tickets.

You keep mentioning the cost of living crisis, it is affecting businesses as well as individuals and families. Sadly the increase is result of a chain reaction. Council as the landlords have to ensure all the energy bills are paid as well as other fees, so they increase rental costs from not only Derry City, but the D&D, Stute, MSC and other private renters. City have to make the difference up somehow whilst also paying VAT, their security contracts as well as the club employees and other parties. People with the ticket increases will be priced out of going to every game which is unfortunate. I appreciate your sentiments but you have to see the bigger picture.

Our chairman (not the owner of the club) has spaffed millions at this club and it has only benefitted individuals, rather than furthering the club's status or in producing talent that starts week in for us or other clubs regularly. I hear often "Phil needs to get the cheque book out" yet these people cry over paying a few extra quid for a European game, or watch LOITV off IPTV instead of paying direct to the club. It is a small price to pay when you consider what one supporter (Phil) has paid for the last 13 years.

Every club too has a third away kit, even us. Some years we don't use it because there is no need but if there is a clash with the referee shirt or the opposition you need alternatives. All of which must fall under the rules of the governing federations.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Imagine the scenario a season ticket holder of many years standing and renews every year by instalments however this season he must pay upfront and can't Offord that so loses his seat. Along comes another Supporter who wishes to buy a season ticket and can afford to pay in one lump sum.

Another scenario when a Supporter has a few season tickets to buy however again can't pay it on one lump sun and loses several seats.

Hardly fair on long term season ticket holders who were the mainstay of the Club for years.

Loyalty works both ways TBH.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

brandyball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:58 pm Imagine the scenario a season ticket holder of many years standing and renews every year by instalments however this season he must pay upfront and can't Offord that so loses his seat. Along comes another Supporter who wishes to buy a season ticket and can afford to pay in one lump sum.

Another scenario when a Supporter has a few season tickets to buy however again can't pay it on one lump sun and loses several seats.
That is a fair point and I understand where you are coming from.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Not sure who made thr decisions there seems conflicting reports of an installment being considered. Now imagine all those supporters who renewed online and next week the Club sets up a payment plan after all. Bedlam could ensue.

Could be another own goal by the club.

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

Cheaper to watch Bayern v PSG next year.

Charlie89

Post by Charlie89 »

This is only my assumption as I don’t know for definite, but I’d imagine the club/volunteers responsible for season tickets are waiting to see how many current season ticket holders renew in one lump sum via the online link. Reason being, It’s less admin/effort on their side as opposed to managing installment payments. I’d be shocked if there isn’t an installment option available in the near future, but it is bad form on Derry’s side not announcing this as soon as possible, as current holders are starting to worry about paying for their seat

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

BrandywellRedMariner wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:02 am Cheaper to watch Bayern v PSG next year.
If you can get me a cheap ticket for that game, I'll head to it.

Maybe you're talking about on TV?

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

Bayern's own web site. Behind both net ends. I seen another supporter post on one of those DC Fan pages on Facebook. Here's the link, click on 'PRICELIST' and it will bring up a PDF file.

https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets/info/pr ... oncessions

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Checked and game is OVERBOOKED.
So can't get tickets.

I get the point you are trying to make, but there are other things to take into consideration when trying to compare Derry to Munich or AC Milan, as these comparisons pop up every so often to get a dig at our ticket prices.

First of you probably have to be a Bayern season ticket holder to stand any chance of getting a ticket for the CL games. Random folk like me or you can't just login and buy a cheap ticket for one of the biggest games in the world this season.

German football has a policy of trying to keep a certain number of seats at low costs for fans. The other seats in the stadium probably subsidise these.

Bayern have a massive capacity, as well as massive advertising income, sponsorship deals and huge TV money. The big clubs can use this to allow them to often price some seats cheaper. But I can assure you going to watch any big teams in Europe is not a cheap thing to do.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

This has gone a wee bit off topic.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Which is why the topics were merged

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:36 pm Which is why the topics were merged
Talking about Bayern vs PSV Though.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:29 pm The club hasn't increased season ticket prices since 2018 or 19. Same for match day tickets.

You keep mentioning the cost of living crisis, it is affecting businesses as well as individuals and families. Sadly the increase is result of a chain reaction. Council as the landlords have to ensure all the energy bills are paid as well as other fees, so they increase rental costs from not only Derry City, but the D&D, Stute, MSC and other private renters. City have to make the difference up somehow whilst also paying VAT, their security contracts as well as the club employees and other parties. People with the ticket increases will be priced out of going to every game which is unfortunate. I appreciate your sentiments but you have to see the bigger picture.

Our chairman (not the owner of the club) has spaffed millions at this club and it has only benefitted individuals, rather than furthering the club's status or in producing talent that starts week in for us or other clubs regularly. I hear often "Phil needs to get the cheque book out" yet these people cry over paying a few extra quid for a European game, or watch LOITV off IPTV instead of paying direct to the club. It is a small price to pay when you consider what one supporter (Phil) has paid for the last 13 years.

Every club too has a third away kit, even us. Some years we don't use it because there is no need but if there is a clash with the referee shirt or the opposition you need alternatives. All of which must fall under the rules of the governing federations.
Someone on another Forum has said this new ticketing company takes 10% of ticket sales hence no deposit and installment plan. Derry loses £26 for each Season Ticket plus £4 handling fee /£30 in total, Derry increase Season Ticket by £30. Coincidence? Ermmmm.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Trying to renew our season tickets but says doesent recognise our email account anyone else come up against this problem.