Posting Issues

Sick of talking about football? Post all your jokes, links, raves, rants and general annoyances in here.
TenaciousDee

Posting Issues

Post by TenaciousDee »

Over the last day and a half when attempting to post here I have had them rejected with a message that my IP has been blacklisted. Talking to two others via text I am aware they are experiencing the same issue. Seems to be a periodic event. At the moment I can make one post and if I try another or to edit that post the message comes up and I fail to submit. However, if I come back half an hour later I can post again.

Currently I am running a VPN to post but it took 3 attempts and changes to IP address before I was successful. If you are experiencing any issues, please let us know.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Posting Issues

Post by Greengo »

I too was getting the "spamhaus" blocked IP address... Today I updated the board and cleared out some shite that was just laying around so if something was more than a year old it got dumped...

This blockage is common to the board and seems that someone registered to the forum is a "spammer" which is why outgoing ip's are getting blocked...

It can be frustrating but its supposed to go away itself... I'll be checking stuff in the coming days to try and eradicate the problem... The host may need to move the site onto a new server too

If you have a VPN then use that to post to get around the issue...

When all is cleared I'll post here again.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

After much deliberation, toing and froing I think the blacklist that has haunted this site for the past few weeks has now been lifted.
Posting should now be a lot easier.

Sorry for the hassle guys. It was BT who blacklisted this site due to a spammer infiltrating our ranks and posting shite. The post flagged up on their system before our admin/mods removed it causing the heartache.

We do our best to monitor the forum daily and the odd remark/post does get some airtime but please remember we do this on a voluntary basis and have working/daily lives as well.

Thanks for your patience... you may need to clear yer history and cache to remove any cookies that may still exist in the background...

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Thanks for working to resolve the issue, it had become quite frustrating

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

Trying me best to get it sorted lads...

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

Right, I seem to have this done & dusted... You should be able to post now without the spamhaus message of blocked IP addresses etc...

DeeDerry1975
Reserves
Reserves

Post by DeeDerry1975 »

Greengo wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:49 pm Right, I seem to have this done & dusted... You should be able to post now without the spamhaus message of blocked IP addresses etc...
Thanks a lot for sorting this out

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

test