Bohemians (A) April 1st 19.45 K.O

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Re: Bohemians (A) April 1st 19.45 K.O

Post by davybhoy »

Another great win - we weren't great the first half but controlled the second.

We are in a great position as it stands and I don't think we are even in full flow yet. All the matches we've won apart from Drogs we've won by a single goal. Hopefully we can keep all the players fit ( I know harkin and Duffy are out long term) and I think our attacking options will really gel and it'll see us start to score more and rely less on injury time winners (not that I'm complaining as long as we win).

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Another fantastic result, fair play to the team. They keep battling to the final whistle. Massive difference in our league standing if those 3 games with injury time winners had been 3 draws.

And all done without one of the leagues best players in Duffy.

Hopefully the games against ucd and Harps now will see 6 more pts. Will put us in a great position with approx quarter of season gone.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

The introduction of Patrick McEleney changed the game. In the first half our midfield was atrocious. It lacked shape, control and direction. It was evident we needed a cool head to put their foot on the ball and that is what Patrick did. Can't wait until he is at full fitness to start games because he has a key role to play.

The best is yet to come from this team as I feel we haven't played at our full potential whilst picking up results. It really is exciting to witness.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:39 pm The introduction of Patrick McEleney changed the game. In the first half our midfield was atrocious. It lacked shape, control and direction. It was evident we needed a cool head to put their foot on the ball and that is what Patrick did. Can't wait until he is at full fitness to start games because he has a key role to play.

The best is yet to come from this team as I feel we haven't played at our full potential whilst picking up results. It really is exciting to witness.
We're picking up points whilst not always playing well. A sign of a good team or a good team spirit. We have the quality but agree we are still not settled into our stride despite all the wins. I think we'd enjoyed 3 last minute winners so far - that's 6 points. Amazing the difference that makes to our standing.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:39 pm The introduction of Patrick McEleney changed the game. In the first half our midfield was atrocious. It lacked shape, control and direction. It was evident we needed a cool head to put their foot on the ball and that is what Patrick did. Can't wait until he is at full fitness to start games because he has a key role to
You have to give Bohs the credit for that. They sat Coote on top of Dummigan and stopped Derry’s natural outlet. Fats sat in deep beside him when he came on and opened the game up for us. He really is top quality. Many outstanding performances on Friday night but have to give big Shane a shoutout also. He looks the player we all hoped he could be 10 years ago. And adds height and physicality also.

On we go. RAWA.