Harps game

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
kitwe
First Team
First Team

Harps game

Post by kitwe »

May seem a bit premature but it's never too early to "follow" City.
Do you think the club will get a ticket allocation for this must attend match?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Harps game

Post by brandyball »

https://finnharps.ie/tickets/

Home under 12s €2 away concession €12 does this mean under 12 City fans must pay €10 more?

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

In the absence of an "AWAY CHILD" option, it appears so.
Maybe you could buy a "HOME CHILD" ticket for €2 and show it on the way into the Derry side? I'm sure they'll let the child in with it.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Haven’t been in Finn Park since they corralled Derry fans through the top end and body searched every single one on the way in. Kenny Shields first north wa est derby. The last time I was body searched like it was by a Brit. The viewing facilities for away fans are as poor as it gets and have been for as long as I can remember.

It will be Loi tv for me………..

Ps it didn’t stop the drink coming in as there is an open fence to Aldi behind the standing area. (I refuse to call it a terrace)………

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Thanks brandy all. Got my tickets Monday.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

mokendismucker wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:11 am Haven’t been in Finn Park since they corralled Derry fans through the top end and body searched every single one on the way in. Kenny Shields first north wa est derby. The last time I was body searched like it was by a Brit. The viewing facilities for away fans are as poor as it gets and have been for as long as I can remember.

It will be Loi tv for me………..

Ps it didn’t stop the drink coming in as there is an open fence to Aldi behind the standing area. (I refuse to call it a terrace)………
Finn Park is what it is. We all know the story with their ground move and the lack of funding to progress that. We need to remember that not every club is as lucky as us in having a ground sorted for them by someone else.

I go to Finn Park quite a bit to watch games. It is what it is, and is certainly not unique in the LOI in being past its use-by date.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Game switched to Saturday 9th April 5.30 kick off.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Can we expect Gérard to be in nets?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:52 pm Can we expect Gérard to be in nets?
Think McGinley was only suspended for 1 game. With Finn Park being its usual quagmire the game will probably be a war of attrition. Nothing will give them more pleasure than to stop our run. Hopefully class will tell and we can dig out 3 points. Not sure if Fats will be risked though.

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

Watched some of the Harps game, (half time and then full time during our game) and they are not as poor as their league position would suggest. The pitch also could be a good leveller for them so the 3 points will have to be battled for and hopefully our good run will continue.

refjohn

Post by refjohn »

Anyone need a ticket? I can no longer attend due to a medical procedure on Thursday - wouldnt be able to stand on that terrace comfortably. PM me and we can sort

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

YorbaLinda wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:01 pm Watched some of the Harps game, (half time and then full time during our game) and they are not as poor as their league position would suggest. The pitch also could be a good leveller for them so the 3 points will have to be battled for and hopefully our good run will continue.
i've watched Harps in the flesh twice so far this season (vs Rovers and vs Bohs). They're not a great side to be honest. Lack creativity, and haven't the fitness to not avoid errors late in games. They created more last seaosn when they had Owolabi in the team. Agree that the pitch will help them a lot though.

Their fans know they're not a great team this year as well, and attendnaces have been plummeting over their openign games - from about 2,500 vs Bohs to 700 vs Drogheda in the space of a month.

City4ever
Supporter
Supporter

Post by City4ever »

Just been in the Finn Harps ticket section... Derry section Adult & Concessionary Sold Out ...

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

City4ever wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:57 pm Just been in the Finn Harps ticket section... Derry section Adult & Concessionary Sold Out ...
Bye a home ticket, and then go the gantry side with all the Derry fans.

refjohn

Post by refjohn »

refjohn wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:39 pm Anyone need a ticket? I can no longer attend due to a medical procedure on Thursday - wouldnt be able to stand on that terrace comfortably. PM me and we can sort
Its gone

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

Finn Harps v Derry City
Finn Park, 5.30pm
Referee: John McLoughlin
Assistant 1: Darragh Keegan
Assistant 2: Ciaran Delaney
Fourth Official: Neil Doyle

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

I have a feeling that we might not have it all our own way this evening. We haven't performed our best, despite 6 wins, and have only been winning games by the one goal (UCD aside). Their pitch is a real leveller.
Shams went there and won easily, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm scarred by last season.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Nige92 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:16 pm I have a feeling that we might not have it all our own way this evening. We haven't performed our best, despite 6 wins, and have only been winning games by the one goal (UCD aside). Their pitch is a real leveller.
Shams went there and won easily, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm scarred by last season.
With Rovers nicking it late last night the pressure is on us to take 3 points.