Anti Social Behaviour

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Anti Social Behaviour

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:26 pm
brandyball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:22 pm
eugenio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 pm Folks CAN WE DEAL WITH IT. Police in the area will provoke AND encourage worse . Politically we are where we are We were here in 70s Look what happened ordinary supporters are Powerless remember that. . Our Derry BOARD cannot do anything about what happens outside I am so sorry for their plight . I. feel all we supporters can do , is to assist any ways for away support to be acccomodated safely somehow by us making a few sacrifices inside the ground
The Board haven't even commented.
They just have now. Its just gone public on the socials.
Partial suspended Stadium Ban

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/vYQrrdrn4VkYz6N7/

Is Partial Ban on Blocks K & L?

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1WWHSi48ypKvCQMR/

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Did everyone see the latest 'statement' from the 'Block K Ultras Derry' fcuktards?

They've teamed up with 'Derry Youth' (whoever they are) to wang on about how having the police - sorry, "illegal British occupation crown forces" -outside the ground on matchdays is unacceptable, and they will apparently "oppose their presence in and around the Brandywell on match days".

The sheer hypocrisy of this is the obvious fact that the very rare occasions the cops are anywhere near the stadium on matchdays is as a direct result of the violence and behaviour of these Ultra fcuktards themselves. They're the ones bringing the police (who presumably have other places they'd rather be) into that area/community.

These clowns are an absolute cancer on the club, and nneed to be rooted out firmly. The club should make one more attempt to sit downn and try annd have a grown-up discussion with them to see if they'll suddenly develop a bit of common sense and decency. If that doesn't work then the gloves need to come off. Wec an't have a tiny bunch of self-appointed wannabe hardmen hoolies/plastic Rahmen wrecking the matchday experience and the reputation of Derry City. If they can't behave, then root them all out.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Considering they met less than a year ago, and we are no further forward, I wouldn't hold my breath

https://www.derrycityfc.net/2023/06/block-k-update/

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

The Club are now relocating Season Ticket Holders on blocks K,L,M to facilitate away fans for the remainder of the season.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Where are they relocating them to? If it's to the terrace, they should probably get some sort of reimbursement or discount on renewal for next year.

The fact that it's for the remainder of the season suggests that the new stand won't be ready this year? I don't know much about construction but it looks like there hasn't been much work in recent weeks.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

I suppose it had to be done, only way round it. Although I am sure there will be a lot of unhappy season ticket holders now.

3 full blocks? In the past wasn't it only 2 blocks put aside for away fans?

What about when Galway or Drogheda visit and bring 50 fans? 1 block would suffice meaning ST holders could retain their seats for those ties with smaller amount of away fans.

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

Keyser Soze wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:12 am I suppose it had to be done, only way round it. Although I am sure there will be a lot of unhappy season ticket holders now.

3 full blocks? In the past wasn't it only 2 blocks put aside for away fans?

What about when Galway or Drogheda visit and bring 50 fans? 1 block would suffice meaning ST holders could retain their seats for those ties with smaller amount of away fans.
I'm sure that will be taken into consideration. The club won't want blocks of unused seats. Once an away allocation has been taken up, I would imagine that any remaining would go on general sale.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

But that would deprive ST Holders in Blocks K and L of their seats to general sale? Is that what you mean?

Surely if Galway or Waterford only bring enough to fill Block M, then the fans in Blocks K and L won't have to move at all?

Also, isn't Block K the one giving the trouble at games? If so, are they going to disperse these idiots around the ground instead? (Perhaps that's the clubs logic)

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I imagine most of K will go to the terrace, that way they can still jump about and sing their songs as a group. Others in L for example, might appreciate a seat more central if available. To be honest, when the work started I anticipated that would be where away fans would be located. Crazy that they weren't when you consider there have been clashes with Rovers and Pat's fans in the last two seasons. Putting them in an open terrace seemed illogical at the time.

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

rodgers wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 am The fact that it's for the remainder of the season suggests that the new stand won't be ready this year? I don't know much about construction but it looks like there hasn't been much work in recent weeks.
From watching games on LOI, it looks to me that it's taken about two weeks to dig half a hole. :D

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Don't blame Derry City blame the scumbags that cause havoc on match nights.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

magspat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:52 pm Don't blame Derry City blame the scumbags that cause havoc on match nights.
We all do.
I don't think anyone blames the club.