Anti Social Behaviour

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Anti Social Behaviour

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:14 pm
brandyball wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:47 pm
KEVK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:21 pm

Think there needs to be more open and mature dialogue between supporters, the clubs and the FAI around flares as they should be allowed, but only in designated and approved areas. Supporters then have a choice - if you don't like being near them, then don't stand/sit in the designated areas.
Wonder why they're banned In the first place?
Presumably for safety reasons. It's not just in Ireland where they're banned.

The FAI is not going to change its appoach over flares just because a few kids want to light them at Derry games.
Rhetorical Question Steve.

daniel

Post by daniel »

KEVK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:21 pm
brandyball wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:31 am
KEVK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:22 am The new terrace that is supposedly getting built behind the Brandywell Road will solve a lot of these problems.

Maybe Block K would consider moving there, under 14s can go there without an adult and have a safe/designated area of the terrace for letting off flares.

I can't wait for the new terrace as I prefer terracing for atmosphere and have always wanted a terrace behind the goals at the Brandywell.
Flares are Banned and cost the club via fines imposed.
Think there needs to be more open and mature dialogue between supporters, the clubs and the FAI around flares as they should be allowed, but only in designated and approved areas. Supporters then have a choice - if you don't like being near them, then don't stand/sit in the designated areas.
There is no open and mature dialogue. Flares are banned in EVERY STADIUM IN EUROPE. It's not in Ireland, or the FAI, its regulations set down by Uefa and Fifa, and their continued use will cost the club financially.

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

Maybe the cubs who use flares feel they are brightening up the atmosphere from the south stand as the only buzz appears to be coming from them or block J.
Just wondering what the players or those on the bench make of the majority of our support as we can only raise a voice when we score or want to complain to the refs assistant.
We can’t even clap for more than 30sec compared to the away fans who can sustain loud clear support for long periods.
Don’t know if the availability of oxygen via a manifold to banks of O2 masks would do the trick.
Ah well, I’m off to check if my oxygen cylinder has enough left to support my snoring during the night.

forza
Reserves
Reserves

Post by forza »

We don't need these brats. Best home win of the season without them

candystriper 90

Post by candystriper 90 »

The style of play, lack of intensity has an impact on the atmosphere also. Sunny evening, opposition come and sit deep, we stroll and pass the ball about with no urgency. This, along with an increase in younger children attending games is also a factor.

forza
Reserves
Reserves

Post by forza »

Out best week of the season without these louts

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

forza wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:00 pm Out best week of the season without these louts
Bit of a stretch to link the two things.

Place is definitely a bit quieter too.

forza
Reserves
Reserves

Post by forza »

Keyser Soze wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 pm
forza wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:00 pm Out best week of the season without these louts
Bit of a stretch to link the two things.

Place is definitely a bit quieter too.
You are missing the point son. These louts were saying the team needed them a few weeks ago

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Flare thrown from away fans landed on pitch.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:02 pm Flare thrown from away fans landed on pitch.
Bohs fans have been banned for their next away game
After they threw flares onto the pitch at Richmond Park.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Worth keeping an eye on this thread after this evenings announcement re. Away fans, bound for the lone moor road end! :shock:

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

A few pricks in the Derry end tried to get on the pitch he other night but seen the steward grab one of them and throw him to the ground. We were walking from the bar to the ground and some eejits had balaclavas on.

We have some amount of arseholes in our support never mind what other teams around the country have.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Linfield get tough with their "Ultras"

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Cne5VggziQcQ3xBP/

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:31 pm Linfield get tough with their "Ultras"

Proper order. We have our own entitled arseholes too, who think they can dictate terms to the club. They also need to be told firmly to behave or get tay fcuk. And that includes their IRA chants, which are against the club's own equality statement that appears in the programme and used to get read out before games (may still be). The irony being that in the 80s and 90s the IRA tried to stop us hosting a European game on one (if not two) occasion by planting a bomb. And they also robbed the club of its matchday takings on at least one occasion too, requiring the Brandywell to switch to being ticket only with no pay-on-the-gate. Absolute clowns the 'supporters' celebrating the people behind that sort of shiit towards DCFC :oops:

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

stevebradley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:05 pm
brandyball wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:31 pm Linfield get tough with their "Ultras"

Proper order. We have our own entitled arseholes too, who think they can dictate terms to the club. They also need to be told firmly to behave or get tay fcuk. And that includes their IRA chants, which are against the club's own equality statement that appears in the programme and used to get read out before games (may still be). The irony being that in the 80s and 90s the IRA tried to stop us hosting a European game on one (if not two) occasion by planting a bomb. And they also robbed the club of its matchday takings on at least one occasion too, requiring the Brandywell to switch to being ticket only with no pay-on-the-gate. Absolute clowns the 'supporters' celebrating the people behind that sort of shiit towards DCFC :oops:
Not the first time I have read about these 'IRA chants' [from you mainly] but, as someone who goes to all home and the odd away match, I don't get the furore.

What chants/songs specifically?
Where and when are these sang?

I hear, from time to time, the odd rebel song [e.g. let the people sing, this land is your land] but not these so called chants and certainly not on the scale of Blue Unity [Linfield's ultras] with their sectarian drivel which was as clear as day on radio or tv, nevermind live.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

da-gama wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:57 pm

Not the first time I have read about these 'IRA chants' [from you mainly] but, as someone who goes to all home and the odd away match, I don't get the furore.

I hear, from time to time, the odd rebel song [e.g. let the people sing, this land is your land] but not these so called chants and certainly not on the scale of Blue Unity [Linfield's ultras] with their sectarian drivel which was as clear as day on radio or tv, nevermind live.
There are a couple of songs where they add on chants about the IRA. The one that springs most readily to mind is the bit at the end of the 'Indian song' where they add "The I, The I, The IRA". There's also the 'Tiocfaidh Ar Lá' bit added on to the Hey Jude 'City' tune (though some folk will presumably claim that's not about the 'Rah).

It's noticeable that Brandywell Pride seem to sing over the 'Ultras' when they sing stuff like this (might be just coincidence - those involved in BP could confirm - but it does seem deliberate).

Obviously not on a scale with Blue unity. But that doesn't mean it isn't an issue or any more acceptable.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

stevebradley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:44 pm

There are a couple of songs where they add on chants about the IRA. The one that springs most readily to mind is the bit at the end of the 'Indian song' where they add "The I, The I, The IRA". There's also the 'Tiocfaidh Ar Lá' bit added on to the Hey Jude 'City' tune (though some folk will presumably claim that's not about the 'Rah).

It's noticeable that Brandywell Pride seem to sing over the 'Ultras' when they sing stuff like this (might be just coincidence - those involved in BP could confirm - but it does seem deliberate).

Obviously not on a scale with Blue unity. But that doesn't mean it isn't an issue or any more acceptable.
Ah ok, I know the one you refer to. It's more an 'add on' to the lonesome boatman but I take your point. I do think it's a bit of a stretch however when referring to 'IRA chants' such as that and 'hey jude' which doesn't mention the aforementioned organisation.

Re. BP and singing over. I sit quite close to the two groups and, unfortunately, they simply just sing over each constantly regardless of song choice, as far as I can tell. As ridiculous as that sounds (quite literally too!)

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

da-gama wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:47 pm
stevebradley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:44 pm

Ah ok, I know the one you refer to. It's more an 'add on' to the lonesome boatman but I take your point. I do think it's a bit of a stretch however when referring to 'IRA chants' such as that and 'hey jude' which doesn't mention the aforementioned organisation.

Re. BP and singing over. I sit quite close to the two groups and, unfortunately, they simply just sing over each constantly regardless of song choice, as far as I can tell. As ridiculous as that sounds (quite literally too!)
It is mad having 2 groups beisde each other singing different songs. What's the beef between them about ?

Would be great if the club could negotitae a peace between them, but that seems unlikely give that the Ultras seem intent to do whatever they want regardless of what the club thinks (or ends up paying in fines).

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

More Flares @ Dalymount last night,more fines or worse on way.