Shamrock Rovers game

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Re: Shamrock Rovers game

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Mcgonigle what a player, he's got everything. Great win.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

What a way to win a game!! Absolutely brilliant.

It was the definition of 'a game of two halves'. I thought Derry were the better team in the first half and controlled it. They were able to play out. Created a couple of half chances and had opportunites to create more. Rovers barely had a sniff.

Second half we struggled to get on the ball and resorted to knocking it long most of the time. The ball kept getting caught up in the wind. Despite the Rovers pressure they didn't create many openings of note.

Brilliant atmosphere throughout. Shame that people feel it's OK to run on the pitch. Performative.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

What a night, fantastic finish to a game.
Team played their hearts out, and although a draw might have been a fair result, great to see Jamie finish like that. He looks like he is going to be a handful for defences.

Shame about the pitch invasions from both sides. And any trouble outside which is already making social media. I think we need to think twice about giving tickets to certain teams, they bring too many scumbags with them.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Great result, bumper, boisterous crowd, laughable 'stewarding.'

Eltel074

Post by Eltel074 »

Brilliant win tonight and what a way to win it .
Great to see the brandywell packed !
Rovers fans embarrassing themselves as usual but also it's very worrying that we also now have a group of absolute dickheads thinking they are in Green Street

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Take the tickets off the flare throwers and give to the real exec supporters

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Take tickets off flame throwers and give them to the real DCFC supporters

burnfootbridiec

Post by burnfootbridiec »

I don't see how it's difficult to identify somebody holding a large flare above their head. Also why do ejection stewards identified by their bibs put a clown who runs to half way line after rovers goal back into stand only to do the same after Derry winner. Jesus he was so off his head a 10 year old could have dropped him.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

burnfootbridiec wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:29 am I don't see how it's difficult to identify somebody holding a large flare above their head. Also why do ejection stewards identified by their bibs put a clown who runs to half way line after rovers goal back into stand only to do the same after Derry winner. Jesus he was so off his head a 10 year old could have dropped him.
Exactly this.

People spilling onto the pitch in celebrating I can understand somewhat. But some rovers fans, including aforementioned clown, had free reign and almost made it to the halfway line for their goal (and our winner!) only to be allowed back into his seat.

The dcfc stewarding (3 stewards in their section. Really?!) of their fans in general was comical, considering we all know what they're like and always have been.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

burnfootbridiec wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:29 am I don't see how it's difficult to identify somebody holding a large flare above their head. Also why do ejection stewards identified by their bibs put a clown who runs to half way line after rovers goal back into stand only to do the same after Derry winner. Jesus he was so off his head a 10 year old could have dropped him.
Not only that there was a few of them who threw punches including the one that punched the head of the guy lying on thr pitch and were all allowed back into the crowd.

If only we'd refused them tickets. After they had their one match ban overturned it'll be interesting to see what the FAIlure do next.

fergal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by fergal »

Rovers sold the allocation to members. So surely they could easily identify them

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

:D
Last edited by barry on Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

Football side of things Kavanagh was superb tonight. We conceded a poor free kick. Dummingan looked much more comfortable at DCM and boyce done well when he came on.

Still Duffy and Smith to add.

Off the field there looked to be a lot less stewards than normal, particularly for a sold out game to Rovers. There was a lack of ejection stewards. I've no sympathy for the City fan who got dropped on the pitch. Shouldn't have been there and was set on gooding rovers supporters.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

” I’m happy I said that “I can’t get in That’s it “ but bet the flare throwers and those hell bent on Aggro will That will hit Derry more that the cost or 3 late season ticket requests surely Btw to the Dc man on phone who said “tell him to watch it on tv. “ I
QUOTE from my TUESDAY post

saw who was there on Tv didn’t bring much credit to our club but tv was grand warm and 100 quid cheaper

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

Back to football- great result wind ruined it a bit too much head tennis. Great winner from Jamie but their goal and the wall ?? Hope Ciaran Harkin not injured

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

fergal wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:56 am Rovers sold the allocation to members. So surely they could easily identify them
Absolutely. Stadium bans is the only way to deal with thugs.

Gerrymc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Gerrymc »

Brilliant result. Never say die attitude. Ban the scum bags on both side. No place for it. Well done the City. Keep them sort of results coming ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Bit of a battle but important to show that Rovers can be beaten. Thought Derry were better in first half and Rovers better in second half and that they would eventually overpower them. Wind a big factor too.

Didn't realise the 5 subs rule was still in place. Rovers were able to bring half an outfield team on including Burke and Gannon. There will be games against lower teams this year maybe at nil nil where Rovers will be able to do that and coast to wins.

Fantastic win and Duffy and Smith still have to come in.

Fans from both sides invaded the pitch but two Rovers ones ran on to pitch and started punching and kicking a Derry fan. The FAI need to come down hard on this and against Rovers directly.

It's very easy for fans to mingle behind Southend stand at half time which was fine last night but if tempers flare earlier in a match this might be a problem for other games. Having said that, no other set of away fans are as bad as Rovers.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:18 pm Bit of a battle but important to show that Rovers can be beaten. Thought Derry were better in first half and Rovers better in second half and that they would eventually overpower them. Wind a big factor too.

Didn't realise the 5 subs rule was still in place. Rovers were able to bring half an outfield team on including Burke and Gannon. There will be games against lower teams this year maybe at nil nil where Rovers will be able to do that and coast to wins.

Fantastic win and Duffy and Smith still have to come in.

Fans from both sides invaded the pitch but two Rovers ones ran on to pitch and started punching and kicking a Derry fan. The FAI need to come down hard on this and against Rovers directly.

It's very easy for fans to mingle behind Southend stand at half time which was fine last night but if tempers flare earlier in a match this might be a problem for other games. Having said that, no other set of away fans are as bad as Rovers.
Good luck waiting on the FAI coming down hard on Rovers, didn't they lift the ban imposed on their fans after the trouble at the Bohs match.

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Not a bad game of football.