2022 Kits

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
martinbradleey

Re: 2022 Kits

Post by martinbradleey »

Speaking as someone who has actually held the new jersey in his hands and had a good look at it, I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait until I can buy one. Well done to the Merchandise Group for this one and all their other efforts at promoting the club.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

martinbradleey wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm Speaking as someone who has actually held the new jersey in his hands and had a good look at it, I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait until I can buy one. Well done to the Merchandise Group for this one and all their other efforts at promoting the club.
Their heads must be absolutely wrecked haviing to deal with Derry City fans ! :lol:

Seriously - who'd be a volunteer ? :oops:

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11 pm New home kit release date 11.02.22.

https://www.facebook.com/137900283905/p ... ry_index=0
Presumably this announcement has been brought/rushed forward because of the damage caused by the leak :(

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm

Presumably this announcement has been brought/rushed forward because of the damage caused by the leak :(
"There's no such thing as bad publicity". :lol:

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

martinbradleey wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm Speaking as someone who has actually held the new jersey in his hands.....
Was that just before you took a dodgy photo of it? ;)

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

stevebradley wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:38 pm
martinbradleey wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm Speaking as someone who has actually held the new jersey in his hands and had a good look at it, I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait until I can buy one. Well done to the Merchandise Group for this one and all their other efforts at promoting the club.
Their heads must be absolutely wrecked haviing to deal with Derry City fans ! :lol:

Kits, colours, logos, badges, players, managers, stadium names and locations are all emotive subjects. You need to expect a range of opinions when you change them. Can't please everyone but at the same time everyone is due an opinion. As long as it doesn't turn nasty then its healthy debate. When it does turn nasty then its best ignoring those people.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

So is it still cheap and nasty? Still hoping it is a wind up?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:11 pm So is it still cheap and nasty? Still hoping it is a wind up?
Why not use the full quote?

"I think it looks cheap and nasty which is a supplier issue".

I stand by this quote 100%, as I don't think ONeil's merchandise is good quality.

I also said I hope there is still time for it to be 'tweaked'.

But don't quote that either....
Last edited by marcoloco on Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

You still haven't answered the question, is it still cheap and nasty?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:50 pm You still haven't answered the question, is it still cheap and nasty?
Apologies I thought I was clear. I think the photo of the shirt looked cheap and nasty... as does much of ONeils sportwear.

Is it still cheap and nasty? If it's as per the original photo then yes?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Marco are you a shinner by any chance? Let me rephrase it for a direct answer, with the new image, not the leaked, do you still feel like the top looks cheap and nasty?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 pm Marco are you a shinner by any chance? Let me rephrase it for a direct answer, with the new image, not the leaked, do you still feel like the top looks cheap and nasty?

I think the new image has been 'touched up' for the launch event and this has improved its appearance. For example the black lines on the leaked photo are not shown on the new image? So I don't pay too much attention to photoshopped images as they tend to be misleading.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I originally asked the question just to get a joke in for banter but my lord Marco, if you aren't in politics you should consider it. Ask a closed question, I get waffle. You say you pay no attention to photoshopped images, yet the other night you were lauding a fan's photoshop effort.

So gone get off the diplomatic fence and tell us, do you still think it is shit or not? Yes or no will do?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 pm I originally asked the question just to get a joke in for banter but my lord Marco, if you aren't in politics you should consider it. Ask a closed question, I get waffle. You say you pay no attention to photoshopped images, yet the other night you were lauding a fan's photoshop effort.

So gone get off the diplomatic fence and tell us, do you still think it is shit or not? Yes or no will do?
No waffle at all. I thought you were being overly sensitive so gave you an honest answer in return.

I think you know i'm no fan of O'Neil's gear. :-)

Does it look shit? No it doesn't but that was never a criticism of mine. All I hoped for for was a tweak to the design so that we can get more 'white' into what is a predominantly red design.

A shinner.... :lol:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:57 pm
TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 pm I originally asked the question just to get a joke in for banter but my lord Marco, if you aren't in politics you should consider it. Ask a closed question, I get waffle. You say you pay no attention to photoshopped images, yet the other night you were lauding a fan's photoshop effort.

No waffle at all. I thought you were being overly sensitive so gave you an honest answer in return.

Does it look shit? No it doesn't but that was never a criticism of mine. All I hoped for for was a tweak to the design so that we can get more 'white' into what is a predominantly red design.

He hasn't gone away you know.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:08 pm
marcoloco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:57 pm

He hasn't gone away you know.
Very good. :lol:

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:56 pm I think the photo of the shirt looked cheap and nasty... as does much of ONeils sportwear.
You seem to have a pick at O'Neills for some reason...

Tell me how long have you been in the fabric/drapery business ?

If Adidas had the same cut of cloth and produced the same jersey you'd probably think it was the best ever produced but because it is produced locally its cheap and nasty...

Wise up hi...

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:04 pm
stevebradley wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm

"There's no such thing as bad publicity". :lol:
Tell that to Prince Andrew....

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm
stevebradley wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:38 pm

Kits, colours, logos, badges, players, managers, stadium names and locations are all emotive subjects. You need to expect a range of opinions when you change them. Can't please everyone but at the same time everyone is due an opinion. As long as it doesn't turn nasty then its healthy debate. When it does turn nasty then its best ignoring those people.
Opinions are great. It's what's done with them that's the issue. :lol:

People were reaching for the pitch forks and burning torches in outrage at a poor quality leaked photograph of a new football shirt. Social media was full of outrage and complaints about it. There were polls demanding it be stopped. Then when a decent image is released (presumanly brought forward because of all the drama) almost all those same people appear to have changed their mind and gone "Actually - That's not bad at all !", and put the pitch forks back in the corner for the next opportunity to rush into outrage.

Our merchandise operation is run entirely by a handful of volunteers, who do a tremendous job. Ideally the club should professionalise things like this - but until they do, we're reliant on those volunteers. They're all died-in-the-wool fans themselves, and have a decent feel for the city and our fanbase. Whilst they obviously won't get everything right (nobody does), they'll make the right call the vast majority of the time IMO, so deserve the benefit of any doubt. I'd be very surprised if some or all of them didn't have moments following that leaked photo when they said to themselves "Why do I bother" ? And if they did eventually get fed up or burned-out and stopped bothering, there isn't a queue of people waiting to fill their shoes.

The lesson in all of this for me is to hold judgement until you get to see something properly, and to have a bit more faith in those who run our merchandise. They've proven time and again that they know what they're doing*, and we'd be screwed without them.

*(except for the Derry City-branded ground coffee bags :P )

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Greengo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:25 am
marcoloco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:56 pm I think the photo of the shirt looked cheap and nasty... as does much of ONeils sportwear.
You seem to have a pick at O'Neills for some reason...

Tell me how long have you been in the fabric/drapery business ?

If Adidas had the same cut of cloth and produced the same jersey you'd probably think it was the best ever produced but because it is produced locally its cheap and nasty...

Wise up hi...
Seriously, what are you on about?

I can't express a dislike for ONeils sport wear and you're jumping in too? :roll:

If its poor quality it's poor quality. Doesn't matter who makes it or where its made. :lol:

You have some funny ideas.