The end is nigh

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

The end is nigh

Post by eugenio »

Is it really the seasons end Hard to believe . A season spent mostly round the I pad watching LOI tv missing those great :D summer away trips and runs up home-on a Friday Deccie playing. Along the back as we looked so,pathetic The points slipping then the deja vue dread that this season would be even worse than the earlier one Deccie left an RORY stepped up .To my horror he retained Aki then turned him into a decent player and I ate humble pie Just to balance the books tho he kept Fitz who produced 5 secs at Dalymount yet still remains …well… I really wanted and dreamed a thought that the CupFinal was ours then Harps relegated us to second team in the N West. But then we got back to live stuff . What a thrill that was…. noisy crowds St Pats BOHS games the stuff fans needed ….then the 6 pointer saga.. posters on forum lasting it appeared an eternity We managed 6 ok :D :D :D 6 draws Then the cry. Europe Europe Europe if if if We iffed and butted but no Europe it seems so it’s Buncrana for a wee trip again lol. The return of the Prodigals now …..maybe more :D A striker scores 2 goals in ONE game Happy days are here again . Then the dread that English or Scottish big clubs may pounce on Toal or MCJannet the building blocks for our future success But looking forward to next season it’s life’s blood supporting Derry even wearing funeral black . It hard to think tthat Friday at Dundalk it’s over for a while and it’s back to standing at Irish League grounds thrill less …..waiting ,….hoping ….But thank God we were able to get back live to moan and roar and cheer and in my case the odd :D weegrumble. But forgive me for Derry is lifes bolood to this codger Roll,on 2022

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: The end is nigh

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 pm Is it really the seasons end Hard to believe . A season spent mostly round the I pad watching LOI tv missing those great :D summer away trips and runs up home-on a Friday Deccie playing. Along the back as we looked so,pathetic The points slipping then the deja vue dread that this season would be even worse than the earlier one Deccie left an RORY stepped up .To my horror he retained Aki then turned him into a decent player and I ate humble pie Just to balance the books tho he kept Fitz who produced 5 secs at Dalymount yet still remains …well… I really wanted and dreamed a thought that the CupFinal was ours then Harps relegated us to second team in the N West. But then we got back to live stuff . What a thrill that was…. noisy crowds St Pats BOHS games the stuff fans needed ….then the 6 pointer saga.. posters on forum lasting it appeared an eternity We managed 6 ok :D :D :D 6 draws Then the cry. Europe Europe Europe if if if We iffed and butted but no Europe it seems so it’s Buncrana for a wee trip again lol. The return of the Prodigals now …..maybe more :D A striker scores 2 goals in ONE game Happy days are here again . Then the dread that English or Scottish big clubs may pounce on Toal or MCJannet the building blocks for our future success But looking forward to next season it’s life’s blood supporting Derry even wearing funeral black . It hard to think tthat Friday at Dundalk it’s over for a while and it’s back to standing at Irish League grounds thrill less …..waiting ,….hoping ….But thank God we were able to get back live to moan and roar and cheer and in my case the odd :D weegrumble. But forgive me for Derry is lifes bolood to this codger Roll,on 2022
Speaking of posts lasting an eternity....... :lol:

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Very good Eugenio. A great synopsis that many would agree with!

Except, I've still not given up on Europe... maybe we can scrape a draw at Dundalk and Bohs 'choke' at the death. :D

But the best line, by far, goes to you for this... just love it.

"But looking forward to next season it’s life’s blood supporting Derry even wearing funeral black". :lol:

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Brandy you always have theLastant truthbevtoldtheBest word once you 👿

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:20 pm Brandy you always have theLastant truthbevtoldtheBest word once you 👿
My eyes are hurting reading that. :lol:

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Brandy did I write that oh me It should have read You always get the last word on me and tbh often the best word too you old devil 👿

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:03 am Brandy did I write that oh me It should have read You always get the last word on me and tbh often the best word too you old devil 👿
Ha Ha Thanks 😊

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

OK - another post about that black kit...

I just read that colour blindness affects one in 12 men and one in 200 women which has serious implications for watching any competitive sports.

Maybe not something that gets much attention (if we cant even arrange 2 teams having different colours) but its clearly something that is deserving of more attention. So not only should referee's ensure teams wear kits that do not clash they should also ensure there is some prior thought given to colour blindness. Eg. red, blue and black all look similar to someone with colour blindness. Interesting as its not something i had considered before, until now.