Derry City v St. Patrick's Athletic Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Derry City v St. Patrick's Athletic Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

Greengo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:41 am Akintunde was suspended...

I think a second yellow is a one match ban only... A straight red is 3...

In fairness, Lafferty was trying to calm things down but Forrester and Bermingham kept having a go at him, probably knowing he was on a yellow... Lafferty reacted to something Forrester said and pushed him away before Bermingham interjected and he pushed him away too... All while the ref was walking towards them...

Had the ref brought things under control earlier this would not have happened...
Forester was reffing the game, especially in the first half. I knew there'd be issues once that clown was announced as the Ref. Their number 39 was lucky to stay on the pitch, The ref gave a foul against him and then he bounced the ball away in a clear show of dissent which he wasn't even booked. Lafferty punched the ball away whilst off the pitch which brought his first booking. This was Only Derrys 2nd victory in about 13 that Harvey was the ref

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

Greengo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:41 am
Had the ref brought things under control earlier this would not have happened...
Had Lafferty not punched the ball away earlier to try and waste time, he needn't worry about the ref. Lafferty has picked up countless unnecessary yellows cards this season and only has himself to blame here.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I agree and to be fair I thought Harvey had a good game. Many won't agree but he put one foot wrong in the first half (Abankwah's foul on Junior that then led to Smith missing). The melee he took his time and communicated with his assistants. Once he handed out the cards he was back in control.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm I agree and to be fair I thought Harvey had a good game. Many won't agree but he put one foot wrong in the first half (Abankwah's foul on Junior that then led to Smith missing). The melee he took his time and communicated with his assistants. Once he handed out the cards he was back in control.
Ref should have booked him for dissent when bouncing ball away

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:35 pm
TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm I agree and to be fair I thought Harvey had a good game. Many won't agree but he put one foot wrong in the first half (Abankwah's foul on Junior that then led to Smith missing). The melee he took his time and communicated with his assistants. Once he handed out the cards he was back in control.
Ref should have booked him for dissent when bouncing ball away
Was right at front Junior tried to shield ball on corner glad It went out No 4 stole 20 yards on throw which fired up the melee Ref just stood there

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Did I see one of ST Pats bench boot the ball one time when it went over the line,don't think Harvey took any action against him.wonder if it had been the other way round it would be yellow card.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

Someone on the Pats bench was booked but I didnt see who it was...

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Alan Matthews