Season Tickets 2022 Season

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
adydcfc
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Season Tickets 2022 Season

Post by adydcfc »

Don't think we'll ever officially announce how many we've sold but its near 2000.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

adydcfc wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:48 am Don't think we'll ever officially announce how many we've sold but its near 2000.
I hope there's enough pages in the ledger! :lol:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Nige92 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 am If you're collecting your season ticket I'd suggest going before half 6 or close to half 8. If tonight is anything to go by there'll be a bit of a wait.
^^^^This^^^^ Was over at 6.35 last night with about 50 people in front of me and when I left 7.45 was the same again behind me.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Why is it taking so long to hand out tickets?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Considering the weather, is it still going ahead tonight?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

adydcfc wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:48 am Don't think we'll ever officially announce how many we've sold but its near 2000.
I don't understand why everything we do as a club has to be shrouded in secrecy all the time. You can't claim to be a community cliub and then act like that.

I don't buy the whole 'tax reasons' wink-wink, nudge-nudge excuse either, as that doesn't withstand scrutiny.

Other clubs in the league have no probelms being more open about how they operate etc. We should do likewise.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

If you refuse to announce how many season tickets you've sold, it looks like you are trying to hide something.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Arrived 6.50 found about 25 in queue. Sorted with 3 tickets and out by 7.10
BIG thanks to Karen and the other volunteers for their efforts and massive commitmemt.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

If I go along tomorrow between 1-4 can I purchase 2/3 season tickets?

NB. I don't reside in Derry and have been waiting for an online sale of these [which hasnt happened] and/or someone who lives in Derry to collect ones for me [which hasnt happened either]

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

da-gama wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm If I go along tomorrow between 1-4 can I purchase 2/3 season tickets?

NB. I don't reside in Derry and have been waiting for an online sale of these [which hasnt happened] and/or someone who lives in Derry to collect ones for me [which hasnt happened either]
It's not my place to say, but I can't see why the club wouldn't sell you them. Might be a slight issue re the Rovers game havign sold outl but presumably they could accomodate 2/3 new seaosn ticket holders as part of that.

burnfootbridiec

Post by burnfootbridiec »

Season tickets can be purchased between 1 and 4pm tomorrow according to club Facebook

burnfootbridiec

Post by burnfootbridiec »

Season tickets can be purchased between 1 and 4pm tomorrow according to club Facebook

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Ok here's hoping chaps (thanks for responses)

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Ok here's hoping chaps (thanks for responses)

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

I tried to buy 3 season tickets this afternoon and told all sold out, they cannot sell me any.

My father, my son and I go to most games, including all away games - very fustrating this year that you cannot seem to be able to buy season tickets or even match tickets.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

joe3576 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm I tried to buy 3 season tickets this afternoon and told all sold out, they cannot sell me any.

My father, my son and I go to most games, including all away games - very fustrating this year that you cannot seem to be able to buy season tickets or even match tickets.
The strange thing is no-one seems to know how many season tickets have been sold.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

joe3576 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm I tried to buy 3 season tickets this afternoon and told all sold out, they cannot sell me any.

In fairness to the club Joe, there were plenty of opportunities to buy them. I don't mean to sound harsh, but why did you leave it until a few days before the first home game to sort them ?

The club also said on Facebook that it would still be selling STs this week. Unless they had a big rush of last minute purchases 9(which would be classic Derry :lol: ) and that screwed up everything re Friday's game (?)

Seeing big demand for Derry games is a good sign for the club (but admittedly sh!t for those who miss out). No doubt about it - we need a bigger stadium.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:46 pm

The strange thing is no-one seems to know how many season tickets have been sold.
The club and Board will know full well. They just seem to always operate in secrecy, which I can't presonally understand. There is a good news media story in the number of STs we've sold this year. And it would help our case for the sub-regional stadia funding as well. But instead we're kept in the dark.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Steve you have a good point. But in fairness to Joe lots of people were used to buying tickets online direct from the Club. Then over Christams / COVID we announce that season tickets are available only in person. To many people - buying tickets online is the norm nowadays. The removal of this option has resulted in many missing out. Almost like we've regressed from online ticket sales to standing in line and phoning round the shops / ticket sellers. Crowds are great but we don't always help ourselves I feel. As for the bigger stadium - we could have sold 5k tickets for the Rovers game if you include away fans allocation.