Season Tickets 2022 Season

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
da-gama
First Team
First Team

Re: Season Tickets 2022 Season

Post by da-gama »

stevebradley wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:22 pm
joe3576 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm I tried to buy 3 season tickets this afternoon and told all sold out, they cannot sell me any.

My father, my son and I go to most games, including all away games - very fustrating this year that you cannot seem to be able to buy season tickets or even match tickets.
In fairness to the club Joe, there were plenty of opportunities to buy them. I don't mean to sound harsh, but why did you leave it until a few days before the first home game to sort them ?

The club also said on Facebook that it would still be selling STs this week. Unless they had a big rush of last minute purchases 9(which would be classic Derry :lol: ) and that screwed up everything re Friday's game (?)

Seeing big demand for Derry games is a good sign for the club (but admittedly sh!t for those who miss out). No doubt about it - we need a bigger stadium.
In fairness to Joe he, like myself, was taking his steer from the club who stated they'd be selling them this week also and gave no impression STs were about to reach capacity.

I do agree that is is a good thing, obviously. Having been attending games since 1985 I have never heard of Derry refusing money for STs which happened today.

The positive element of this may be somewhat lost on two fronts; people like Joe being knocked back for STs this week and the folly of a reduced capacity following redevelopment

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Read in another forum, season tickets were still being sold today.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

da-gama wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:40 pm
joe3576 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm I tried to buy 3 season tickets this afternoon and told all sold out, they cannot sell me any.

My father, my son and I go to most games, including all away games - very fustrating this year that you cannot seem to be able to buy season tickets or even match tickets.
In fairness to the club Joe, there were plenty of opportunities to buy them. I don't mean to sound harsh, but why did you leave it until a few days before the first home game to sort them ?

The club also said on Facebook that it would still be selling STs this week. Unless they had a big rush of last minute purchases 9(which would be classic Derry :lol: ) and that screwed up everything re Friday's game (?)

Seeing big demand for Derry games is a good sign for the club (but admittedly sh!t for those who miss out). No doubt about it - we need a bigger stadium.
In fairness to Joe he, like myself, was taking his steer from the club who stated they'd be selling them this week also and gave no impression STs were about to reach capacity.

I do agree that is is a good thing, obviously. Having been attending games since 1985 I have never heard of Derry refusing money for STs which happened today.

The positive element of this may be somewhat lost on two fronts; people like Joe being knocked back for STs this week and the folly of a reduced capacity following redevelopment
Stev do you realise we are in Belfast Told all along”in person “ only look in two posts earlier inSummer I forecast this v scenario I also forecast the snideness of why leave it late My son just tried to spend all he can so my 70 years support is unbroken I told him not only would Dc not give a tinkers but fans would turn on me and say “so what” I’m happy I said that “I can’t get in That’s it “ but bet the flare throwers and those hell bent on Aggro will That will hit Derry more that the cost or 3 late season ticket requests surely Btw to the Dc man on phone who said “tell him to watch it on tv. “That that snideness is sore to take esp when Zi went when we were at our lowest in support Ah well move on Eugenio old man Tv will do you

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Eugenio and I wouldn't agree on a lot of things the odd wee snide remark but honestly i think it not fair that he can't get a season ticket after supporting the club after all these years,but hopefully something might turn up before Friday night.

forza
Reserves
Reserves

Post by forza »

I remember comments from the likes of Keyser siloze saying the stadium development not being completed as we wouldn't sell out the current stadium anyway. A foolish comment. Someone help my friend Eugenio please

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

forza wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:10 am I remember comments from the likes of Keyser siloze saying the stadium development not being completed as we wouldn't sell out the current stadium anyway. A foolish comment. Someone help my friend Eugenio please

Forza Megs and others I appreciate your comments but I do say there are those who If I get helped will say “what’s he on about” Stuff him
my only wee gripe living in Belfast and helping Derry in every way all here years wasI couldn’t go on line to buy a Season ticket DC told me that. We waited for general sale then told “sold out” then told on sale on Wed again Get to Derry perhaps ??/// I just don’t know any more
Look I’m like a lot of folk I’ve not got a ticket …. so be it …. No worries
Derry City apart from a few great stalwarts never made it easy for us here rem being conned over tickets for two Euro fixtures as an example but we went anyhow. but this time they have won shallow victory that it is So fish supper feet up and Rte and no flares Can’t be bad lol lol,lol lol

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

For the League Cup final I think additional standing tickets were sold.

This might be an option worth exploring with the Council, either for selected games or games more generally.

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

Steve, we have been going to most home games since 1985 and just buy tickets before the game since we live in Belfast and don’t make every home game each season. We attend probably 75% each season, and I would say 75% away games. We have attended pre-season games away from home already this year and were at Oriel Park on Friday night. We logged on yesterday at 1pm to buy tickets for the Rovers game but missed out. We took a decision today to buy season tickets for the first time ever to try really and secure tickets for my father and my son to get to the Rovers game at the very least, as they are very keen to do go to the game. This was going to amount to nearly £550, but we were happy enough to do so. But got told there was none left. That is fine and we will accept that.

I don’t think Steve however we should be criticised for trying to support the club ? Were you at Drogheda or Longford a few weeks ago ? Do you have a season ticket ? All of a sudden there has been huge interest this year which is great to see, and I really appreciate the support being shown - but just because my dad who has been going to home games since 1952 doesn’t buy a season ticket each year, yet still goes to 75% of home and away games - should be criticised for not buying a season ticket is a bit ridiculous to be honest. He doesn’t claim any right to a ticket to any game, but fans like him will get lost in the shuffle here. He is 80, doesn’t live in Derry and can barely understand a mobile phone never mind the online purchasing system.

There will be other Derry fans too in the same boat, so it is not just us. But the club maybe have to consider getting rapid online sales quickly at the expense of decent loyal supporters. My dad logged on at 1pm and didn’t get a ticket, he is not complaining about it, but I do feel sorry for him. At our first away game in Dublin on a cold wet Monday night he will no doubt be there, not having a season ticket will not affect his support, so maybe just cut him a bit of slack.

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

Steve, we have been going to most home games since 1985 and just buy tickets before the game since we live in Belfast and don’t make every home game each season. We attend probably 75% each season, and I would say 75% away games. We have attended pre-season games away from home already this year and were at Oriel Park on Friday night. We logged on yesterday at 1pm to buy tickets for the Rovers game but missed out. We took a decision today to buy season tickets for the first time ever to try really and secure tickets for my father and my son to get to the Rovers game at the very least, as they are very keen to do go to the game. This was going to amount to nearly £550, but we were happy enough to do so. But got told there was none left. That is fine and we will accept that.

I don’t think Steve however we should be criticised for trying to support the club ? Were you at Drogheda or Longford a few weeks ago ? Do you have a season ticket ? All of a sudden there has been huge interest this year which is great to see, and I really appreciate the support being shown - but just because my dad who has been going to home games since 1952 doesn’t buy a season ticket each year, yet still goes to 75% of home and away games - should be criticised for not buying a season ticket is a bit ridiculous to be honest. He doesn’t claim any right to a ticket to any game, but fans like him will get lost in the shuffle here. He is 80, doesn’t live in Derry and can barely understand a mobile phone never mind the online purchasing system.

There will be other Derry fans too in the same boat, so it is not just us. But the club maybe have to consider getting rapid online sales quickly at the expense of decent loyal supporters. My dad logged on at 1pm and didn’t get a ticket, he is not complaining about it, but I do feel sorry for him. At our first away game in Dublin on a cold wet Monday night he will no doubt be there, not having a season ticket will not affect his support, so maybe just cut him a bit of slack.

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

It's not the fault of the fans who waited too long and it's not the fault of the club either. Blame here lies solely at the feet of the politicians. POD gave a few polite, hopeful, diplomatic words to the Journal recently about finishing the MF Stand, but the RTE cameras are at the Brandy on Friday for a massive game and I would love nothing better than to see him go two-footed on the Council for the decades of delays in the past; on Sinn Fein for broken guarantees (lies); and on Deirdre Hargey for playing politics when football clubs all over the north need this funding.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Eugenio would like to draw a line under all of this NOW. w Let’s close my part of the story Lifes too short and thank God for Tv and Akis great attitude and performances Always a Derry fan

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

PauliAlonso wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:04 pm It's not the fault of the fans who waited too long and it's not the fault of the club either. Blame here lies solely at the feet of the politicians. POD gave a few polite, hopeful, diplomatic words to the Journal recently about finishing the MF Stand, but the RTE cameras are at the Brandy on Friday for a massive game and I would love nothing better than to see him go two-footed on the Council for the decades of delays in the past; on Sinn Fein for broken guarantees (lies); and on Deirdre Hargey for playing politics when football clubs all over the north need this funding.
A banner here or there for the cameras down south might not be a bad idea either.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

rodgers wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:16 pm
PauliAlonso wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:04 pm It's not the fault of the fans who waited too long and it's not the fault of the club either. Blame here lies solely at the feet of the politicians. POD gave a few polite, hopeful, diplomatic words to the Journal recently about finishing the MF Stand, but the RTE cameras are at the Brandy on Friday for a massive game and I would love nothing better than to see him go two-footed on the Council for the decades of delays in the past; on Sinn Fein for broken guarantees (lies); and on Deirdre Hargey for playing politics when football clubs all over the north need this funding.
A banner here or there for the cameras down south might not be a bad idea either.
"Sold Out"

Let them arrive at their own conclusions... :lol:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Big Phil delighted with bumper season ticket sales

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... es-3584820

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:13 pm Big Phil delighted with bumper season ticket sales

"I just would like to see the grounds filled up a bit and I would like to see more away support at the Brandywell and have more of our supporters go to away games as well".

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:47 pm
brandyball wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:13 pm Big Phil delighted with bumper season ticket sales

"I just would like to see the grounds filled up a bit and I would like to see more away support at the Brandywell and have more of our supporters go to away games as well".
Oh Aye like Rovers away.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:20 am

Oh Aye like Rovers away.
Some of my best memories are of away trips all over Ireland. Getting pulled out of school to sit in the back of a car as we set off for Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway...

If you remove or restrict that side of the game it becomes very insular. For me, football is nothing without the fans. We're having purple patch but its wasn't too long ago that attendances were hovering around 1k, even less depending how far back you go. So away fans are essential to the game and you never know when you'll need their income.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:44 am

Oh Aye like Rovers away.
Some of my best memories are of away trips all over Ireland. Getting pulled out of school to sit in the back of a car as we set off for Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway...

If you remove or restrict that side of the game it becomes very insular. For me, football is nothing without the fans. We're having purple patch but its wasn't too long ago that attendances were hovering around 1k, even less depending how far back you go. So away fans are essential to the game and you never know when you'll need their income.
Fair point, although I'm talking about Shamrock Rovers in particular and how they were allowed to refuse Derry fans tickets last season. Is there not a rule in place that away fans must receive 10 % of the home grounds capacity?

Obviously Rovers are a law unto themselves as evident in how easy they were able to overturn their 1 game stadium ban on their fans.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:28 am
marcoloco wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:44 am
Oh Aye like Rovers away.

Fair point, although I'm talking about Shamrock Rovers in particular and how they were allowed to refuse Derry fans tickets last season. Is there not a rule in place that away fans must receive 10 % of the home grounds capacity?

Obviously Rovers are a law unto themselves as evident in how easy they were able to overturn their 1 game stadium ban on their fans.
Not sure. I suspect that they used COVID restrictions to justify any decision at the time?