Rovers v Derry

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Re: Rovers v Derry

Post by eugenio »

Absolute shambles of a link by LOI

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Awful coverage by DeJavu TV.

Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Steams 5 minutes behind and freezing a lot. Watchloi was much better.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Any idea how to claim a refund?

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

RecDeja vu is this the Brandywell game all over. One wee worry Why oh why does Higgs insist on all 11 defending corners etc leaving no “insurance man “ outside our box punished again for it to night and only invites pressure pressure pressure unnecessarily

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

eugenio wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:59 pm RecDeja vu is this the Brandywell game all over. One wee worry Why oh why does Higgs insist on all 11 defending corners etc leaving no “insurance man “ outside our box punished again for it to night and only invites pressure pressure pressure unnecessarily
Modern football Eugene. Every team in the league seems to do it and further afield. If you don't have the power or the height in defence, best option is to pack the penalty area and try to crowd the attacking side out.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:09 pm
eugenio wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:59 pm RecDeja vu is this the Brandywell game all over. One wee worry Why oh why does Higgs insist on all 11 defending corners etc leaving no “insurance man “ outside our box punished again for it to night and only invites pressure pressure pressure unnecessarily
Modern football Eugene. Every team in the league seems to do it and further afield. If you don't have the power or the height in defence, best option is to pack the penalty area and try to crowd the attacking side out.
Then D it seems NOT to work as the ball is inevitable returned in as for Rovers goal. It’s crazy 11 in there esp those who can’t defend Leave one out to stop the return ball surely Did this all my life in football

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

You are right there

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

No attacking threat at all 2nd half.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

As we all know defensively we are x=superb but the mid field lacks any class and the 3 up front seem to have 45 mins no more in them Oh to be made look second best again hurts like hell btw a man was used outside box for corners second half. Wheeeee lol lol
Any take on the Coll situation I can’t understand one of our best players not getting even a run out I rate Coll so v v highlyn

fergal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by fergal »

Without doubt, coll should be in that team ahead of lafferty,

MariborKev

Post by MariborKev »

fergal wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:27 pm Without doubt, coll should be in that team ahead of lafferty,
Coll was ill, was named but didn't make the bench.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Was out at game. Both teams brought everyone back for corners. I think it might be Brentford that leave two or three attackers up at corners so the attacking team can't commit as many?

4 3 3 set up to press high I thought. Rovers often pinned back a lot. But it meant we didn't spend much time on ball and thought players looked out on their feet at end. Probably a specific game plan that nearly worked for a team that are better than us at moment really.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Eugene same as your self disappointed that Coll is not starting our best player.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

magspat wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:16 am Eugene same as your self disappointed that Coll is not starting our best player.
Maribor posted he was ill and not on bench which is fine I think the back 4 pick themselves Boyce Toal Mc Jannett Coll. I like the cover if Malone used a R back POSs Cole C back
Re last night I think Mc Laughlin should start then be subbed as he blows The basic ball to the wide left seems to be easy to counter after a bit Plan B is missing due I think to lack of quality and a lack of 90 mins in a few players But but it hurts to be brushed aside again