Merchandise query

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
da-gama
First Team
First Team

Merchandise query

Post by da-gama »

Is there someone on here who deals directly with merchandise?

Have a query about item bought.

No response from official mail listed on store site.

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Merchandise query

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

Has anyone received their order from Roots Retro yet?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Yesterday they posted an update (Rrot Retro). Short sleeve shirts are being dispatched on Thursday whilst there is a 2 week delay on the long sleeve and kids shirts. This is due to shipping issues brought on by Covid. Not much longer to wait now.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Waiting on this also but seen an update yesterday, as mentioned above.

General merchandise/order queries however I am finding near impossible to get a reply

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Hear O'Neils are kit suppliers for next season.

Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

brandyball wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 pm Hear O'Neils are kit suppliers for next season.
Done a good job with the Bohs jerseys the last few years.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Big_Red wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:02 pm
brandyball wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 pm Hear O'Neils are kit suppliers for next season.
Done a good job with the Bohs jerseys the last few years.
I think some of their kit looks a bit cheap tbh - but they're certainly the most innovatoive in terms of designs. Plus they're a local manufacturer (Strabane anyway), and it would be great to have their shop window in Waterloo Place lined with City shirts. So I'd gladly see what they can do for us for a couple of seasons.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

da-gama wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58 am Waiting on this also but seen an update yesterday, as mentioned above.

General merchandise/order queries however I am finding near impossible to get a reply
The merchandise work is done by a very small number of volunteers - most of whom aren't based in the city any more. They're probably up to their necks with work and family stuff tbh, as they've been very good overall in terms of the merchandise situation. Five or so years ago you couldn't get anything more than a scarf and a badge. They've really reevolutionised the offering (and raised a lot of cash for the club in the process too).

brendanp

Post by brendanp »

If we do go with O'Neill's, Dublin GAA just beat us to the away top.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVSygzHK7_1 ... =copy_link

snowy

Post by snowy »

I don’t know what other supporters think but in my opinion, it would be nice to start wearing shirts with proper red and white stripes again on front and back rather than just on front of shirt.

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

snowy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 am I don’t know what other supporters think but in my opinion, it would be nice to start wearing shirts with proper red and white stripes again on front and back rather than just on front of shirt.
Don't think we're allowed to have stripes on the back, it needs to be a solid colour so that the refs can clearly make out the player number.....I think.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brendanp wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:48 pm If we do go with O'Neill's, Dublin GAA just beat us to the away top.
That's nice. Why do Dublin GAA need an away shirt anyway ? Does anyone else play in Sky Blue (none I can think of) ? The nearest 'clash' would be white shirts, and it's not like their blue isn't sufficient to stand out properly against those.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm
brendanp wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:48 pm If we do go with O'Neill's, Dublin GAA just beat us to the away top.
That's nice. Why do Dublin GAA need an away shirt anyway ? Does anyone else play in Sky Blue (none I can think of) ? The nearest 'clash' would be white shirts, and it's not like their blue isn't sufficient to stand out properly against those.
A lot of football teams don't need away tops, especially those with 3rd kits tbf. Money talks.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm
stevebradley wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm
A lot of football teams don't need away tops, especially those with 3rd kits tbf. Money talks.
That's very true !

snowy

Post by snowy »

Final comment on stripes as I am conscious that this thread is about merchandise - watching Bohs game on RTÉ and their shirts have stripes front and back. Pity we can’t go back to wearing our traditional candy stripes.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

snowy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:10 pm Final comment on stripes as I am conscious that this thread is about merchandise - watching Bohs game on RTÉ and their shirts have stripes front and back. Pity we can’t go back to wearing our traditional candy stripes.
The Ref will need to see Lafferty's number when sending him off.

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

snowy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:10 pm Final comment on stripes as I am conscious that this thread is about merchandise - watching Bohs game on RTÉ and their shirts have stripes front and back. Pity we can’t go back to wearing our traditional candy stripes.
You can have full stripes, numbers may require a different colour. Stoke City numbers are blue and Sunderland numbers are black.

My Smithwicks jersey arrived, very happy.

dcfc_jp_1989
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_jp_1989 »

BrandywellRedMariner wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:33 pm
You can have full stripes, numbers may require a different colour. Stoke City numbers are blue and Sunderland numbers are black.

My Smithwicks jersey arrived, very happy.
Yes but neither of them play in Europe. UEFA requirements are that there is a plain back for the numbers

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

I thought that too but this year Rovers definitely had hoops on the back in their game v Tallinn.

If we must have a plain back, I think white would be better than red. Our 2005 strip had some stripes on the back and a square for number whereas recent years have been a red block entirely on the back which has put me off buying.