2020 Accounts

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
rodgers
Manager
Manager

2020 Accounts

Post by rodgers »

Derry filed their latest accounts a a week or so ago. The following link should work hopefully:

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... download=0

I'm not very good at reading accounts but as far as I can see POD's contribution in 2020 halved to 175k from 350k in 2019. However, it also looks as if he puts in additional monies through the development committee. Without this, the club would run at a loss.

It's not clear how much the club took in in covid supports.

Stadium hire and licensing costs decreased presumably because we played fewer matches last year. However, match day and other operating costs went up. I don't know whether this is because of any increase in costs in staging covid compliant games or whether this is the costs associated with the European game.

Salary costs were extended for an additional month but this may have been covered by covid supports.

The accounts probably provide limited enough information but others might be able to work them out better than me.

The only other two things that I think are interesting is that we seem to take the European money and exchange it for sterling with E and I Engineering who also pay for 'football related costs' that are then reimbursed by the club and that we continue to pay a company owned by Sean Barrett to rent "an industrial unit used for training purposes". Does anyone know where that unit is?

TenaciousDee

Re: 2020 Accounts

Post by TenaciousDee »

The unit is on the Buncrana Road. It used to be his light shop.