Friendly

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Friendly

Post by eugenio »

I see the Derry City site shows Cliftonville v Derry on Sat next the day after the Drogs game Has anyone any idea what this is

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Friendly

Post by brandyball »

Cliftonville thinks its Mondau night August 9th

https://cliftonvillefc.net/2021/08/01/t ... ad-august/

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Thanks a “ home “ game for me. At last lol lol lol 😂

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

A Monday night in North Belfast watching the city, what a time to be alive

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

da-gama wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:35 am A Monday night in North Belfast watching the city, what a time to be alive
You couldn't ask for more da-gama.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Don't forget to file a match report. 8-)

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

I’m so excited I might even go. It will help me forget Linfield in Europe Larne winning again in Europe BOHS Rovers alight in Europe etc so a big friendly v Reds might help lol lol lol Sorry. Covid cracking me up lol lol 😂

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Starting XI

Lemoignan
Coll
Fitzgerald
Akintunde
Boyce
Cole
Hery
E McLaughlin
Malone
Dean Corrigan
Matty Walker

https://twitter.com/CliftonvilleUp2/sta ... 65866?s=19

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Decent game. Both our goals were from defensive errors from a Cliftonville team keen to play out from the back.

They'd quite a few chances on a lovely north Belfast evening. With some guy McDonagh for them a stand out :roll:

STANDUP

Post by STANDUP »

Derry won 2-1

dcfc_jp_1989
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_jp_1989 »

Nige92 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:42 pm Starting XI

Lemoignan
Coll
Fitzgerald
Akintunde
Boyce
Cole
Hery
E McLaughlin
Malone
Dean Corrigan
Matty Walker

https://twitter.com/CliftonvilleUp2/sta ... 65866?s=19
Who are Corrigan & Walker & how did they play?

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

One or two played with no names One a c back was outstanding v v powerful in the air and a good player Jack,was v v comfident in nets Surprising Cole a c back started and I felt was weak Malone back to mid field v v ineffective again and Boyce nor his usual self. From close up I felt a bit of tension Lafferty too not v encouraging to new players . Hery and Mc Laughlin dominated without bursting a gut then Harkin and Hery had a nice thing going Though their rest breaks seem rather long to me. Two lads used wide left were out of their depth Farren is one the other I’ve no idea We controlled a lot of the game yet we’re handed 2csoft ones by a carrying out Reds defence two gifts It was the only way Fitz would have scored He is a one trick pony who cannot deliver a final ball or shot .
We did our damndest to give them the win with some shoddy passing ourselves coming out but the Post Jack and some horrific shooting helped us stay afloat We conceded a few outside box frees but luckily the same Cville player demanded to take and as with us when he was there he horlicksed the lot lol lol lol Wonder who he was? A bright enough friendly but we could have been punished Still a wins a win

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

da-gama wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:46 pm Decent game. Both our goals were from defensive errors from a Cliftonville team keen to play out from the back.

They'd quite a few chances on a lovely north Belfast evening. With some guy McDonagh for them a stand out :roll:
Is that the guy who has gotten thrown out at Derry, Glentoran, and everywhere else he's been?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Marty wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:00 pm
da-gama wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:46 pm Decent game. Both our goals were from defensive errors from a Cliftonville team keen to play out from the back.

Is that the guy who has gotten thrown out at Derry, Glentoran, and everywhere else he's been?
Missed @ The Brandy Though.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 pm

Not for his set pieces. every one he demanded to take to such tripe effect
Patching must have embarrassed him lol lol

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:39 pm
brandyball wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 pm

Not for his set pieces. every one he demanded to take to such tripe effect
Patching must have embarrassed him lol lol
Maybe our esteemed former manager《?) Put him on set piece duties.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

I’ve little knowledge ,being exiled here, re our up and coming lads but the Cliftonville game has added for me a huge plus in the young lad who played at the back I hear the name Marty Walker??. Anyone in Derry care to add. ? With Boyce so good a c back also and Malone looking v good at R Back wae might just escape a huge team problem if we lose Toal, as his excellence suggests he will be in big demand soon. Anyone help on this one

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:09 pm I’ve little knowledge ,being exiled here, re our up and coming lads but the Cliftonville game has added for me a huge plus in the young lad who played at the back I hear the name Marty Walker??. Anyone in Derry care to add. ? With Boyce so good a c back also and Malone looking v good at R Back wae might just escape a huge team problem if we lose Toal, as his excellence suggests he will be in big demand soon. Anyone help on this one
Don't know much about him but quick search shos him as a left winger. This is about a call up 2 years ago.

https://thejungleview.wordpress.com/201 ... rin-matty/

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Thanks for that the name Dean Corrigan was also on team sheet could he be the c back The other lad seems to have been a left wing player