FAI Cup Second Round- Finn Harps (A)

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
da-gama
First Team
First Team

Re: FAI Cup Second Round- Finn Harps (A)

Post by da-gama »

Thye were gone by 12.06. There was no limit on amount you could buy either

Lancaster1

Post by Lancaster1 »

It will be a close game - any predictions?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I reckon Extra Time beckons.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Lancaster1 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:51 pm It will be a close game - any predictions?
3 -0 Derryb

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Gérard Doherty in nets for Harps. J

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Season over in many ways thank God this was horrific

Paddydcfc2010
First Team
First Team

Post by Paddydcfc2010 »

Horrific performance, every player played poor. Didn't try until we conceded. Malone isn't institute level let alone derry.

DeeDerry1975
Reserves
Reserves

Post by DeeDerry1975 »

Embarrassing performance. Never looked like they wanted to win

Andy Bernard
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Andy Bernard »

eugenio wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 pm Season over in many ways thank God this was horrific
So just stop trying to qualify for Europe in the league then?

DeeDerry1975
Reserves
Reserves

Post by DeeDerry1975 »

Andy Bernard wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:12 pm
eugenio wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 pm Season over in many ways thank God this was horrific
Hopefully that's the kick up the arse that will push them on in the league. I'd say we will have a 2 week rest now as Bohs game next Friday will most likely be off due to U21 call ups.

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

Atrocious performance, players were poor, subs were poor and shows a lack of management. We really are a work in progress and there is a lot of work to be done. Lafferty and Mc Gonigle were awful. Mc Namee bossed the midfield and we then bring on Akintunde who adds nothing to that area. Junior is not a center forward yet we did not change that. We got what we deserved which was nothing.

brendan_d

Post by brendan_d »

YorbaLinda, what substitutions would you have made out of interest?

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Andy Bernard wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:12 pm
Andy I used to,love my Derry with every fibre of my being and the players almost to a man were my heroes Apart from 4 /5 now I cannot identify with them I don’t think they’d bust a gut for us ala the great Speaky. The football too in general is turgid .I watch the Irish League (as penalty for my exile…). I always thought it poor but the way of playing now , the lack of scorers , the total lack of a Felix type passer has put Derry in that Irish League category for me. I’m old ….some say …finished and I don’t give a damn for the Euro bucks they play for now ….I lived on Cup Finals and pure passion yes I’m a dinosaur but watching that to night will make me extinct quicker that your barbed comments And for some team from Kkkragissstaaan to walk over us in Europe has little appeal also,

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

brendan_d wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:43 pm YorbaLinda, what substitutions would you have made out of interest?
Mc Gonigle off and Akintunde on. Move Junior to the left and play Akintunde CF. The main difficulty though was in attitude and desire, you can’t sub that.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Do,you know what hurts most We are now the second team in the north West That hurts

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Lads, calm down would ye. We all knew that this was a difficult draw and that that there was a possibility of losing, that's football, that's life.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Nige92 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:30 am Lads, calm down would ye. We all knew that this was a difficult draw and that that there was a possibility of losing, that's football, that's life.
A local Derby away in the cup, against a management team who has transformed a throw away "easy fixture" into a rivalry this past 5 years. I said in the lead up that this was the worst draw we could have ever gotten and that it probably would have been easier to play Rovers. Some may jump on that comment but honestly, there would have been less pressure on us.

As most have said it was a really poor game of football. Atmosphere was flat across the ground, game was set up for extra time and I reckon that is what would have happened bad the penalty not been awarded. Had we played until now I reckon there would have still been no score.

For the first time in a couple of matches our midfield failed to match up against the opposition. Mark Coyle was named Finn Harps' MOTM, however Dunleavy and Rainey were very much in with a shout (along with Webster). Sadly, Hery had a poor first start. I expected much more from him and he never seemed to get a footing on the game.

Our forwards were up against two cart horses at centre back and we failed to run them out of position when their backs were at their goal. Shane McEleney who has slowed down and didn't seem very strong in the air, found the whole game to be easy. Embarrassing that it took till the 81st minute to put Ger at full stretch.

Need to forget about it and look forward to September 10th. As poor as it was, the last month has been excellent and I expect we will recover from this and claim 6 points in our next 2 games.

bilco

Post by bilco »

hard to forget , what was our most inept performance in a local derby game I have seen since 1985
no passion, commitment or skill on show and if you think that we can just go again in our next match is just wrong
those players and management need a serious rethink on what it means to wear our jersey and our proud history
never never thought we would ever be 2nd best to them ( whos name I cannot even say)
hopefully R Higgins can sort the men from the boys and those with heart and endeavour over those with none, over the next few days
we never even tried last night, embarrassing to say the least.