FAI Cup Second Round- Finn Harps (A)

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

FAI Cup Second Round- Finn Harps (A)

Post by TenaciousDee »

The draw takes place live on RTE2FM's Game On around 6:30pm. Derry City is ball number 4. Ideally ball 4 is drawn first then followed by either 7, 8, 10 or 12.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FAI Cup Second Round Draw

Post by Greengo »

heres hoping... fingers crossed for an easy home draw...

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Away to Harps

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Greengo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:38 pm heres hoping... fingers crossed for an easy home draw...
Half your wish came true

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Nige92 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm
Greengo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:38 pm heres hoping... fingers crossed for an easy home draw...
Half your wish came true
Neither Home or Easy.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Re: FAI Cup Second Round- Finn Harps (A)

Post by da-gama »

Any word of tickets for this?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Tonight they are running a test event v Pats. They are allowing 800 in but only 40 tickets are for away fans. No doubt if it is successful an announcement will follow.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:16 pm Tonight they are running a test event v Pats. They are allowing 800 in but only 40 tickets are for away fans. No doubt if it is successful an announcement will follow.
Excellent. Didn't realise there were away fans allowed tonight. Fingers crossed all goes well and I dont have to hop a fence or two next week :D

Andy Bernard
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Andy Bernard »

Two form teams. Could be some game

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

I went to Harps v Pats on Friday night, and it was a very entertaining game.

How Pats are second in the league is a mystery, as they were poor. Even Forrester was largely invisible.

Owolabi scored 3 good goals for his hattrick playing up front largely on his own, and is probably too good for Harps. Though he also spent a lot of time moaning about defenders etc. Would be interesting to see what he could do in a better team. McNamee hasn't the energy/legs he used to, but can still thread very good balls through. Harps have a couple of decent defenders not afraid to get their head to most balls, but overall they're no great shakes tbh. They continually worked hard to get the ball off of Pats, only to then give it back again 3 or 4 touches later due to sloppy passing. Harps were well worth the win overall versus a poor Pats side, but if we play a pacey organised game with good passing and keep Owolabi sidelined then we should have too much for them.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

stevebradley wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:45 pm I went to Harps v Pats on Friday night, and it was a very entertaining game.

How Pats are second in the league is a mystery, as they were poor. Even Forrester was largely invisible.

Owolabi scored 3 good goals for his hattrick playing up front largely on his own, and is probably too good for Harps. Though he also spent a lot of time moaning about defenders etc. Would be interesting to see what he could do in a better team. McNamee hasn't the energy/legs he used to, but can still thread very good balls through. Harps have a couple of decent defenders not afraid to get their head to most balls, but overall they're no great shakes tbh. They continually worked hard to get the ball off of Pats, only to then give it back again 3 or 4 touches later due to sloppy passing. Harps were well worth the win overall versus a poor Pats side, but if we play a pacey organised game with good passing and keep Owolabi sidelined then we should have too much for them.
Steve. Great up date but the BIGGIE. How did you get iIN Tell me for next week 😂

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

eugenio wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:05 pm
stevebradley wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:45 pm I went to Harps v Pats on Friday night, and it was a very entertaining game.

Steve. Great up date but the BIGGIE. How did you get iIN Tell me for next week 😂
Hah ! Getting tickets for Friday's game was easy - I just went online as soon as the general release period started.

I'm sure tickets for the cup game will be a whole different story - especially for away fans :D

eoinbrowne

Post by eoinbrowne »

80 away tickets available from midday Wednesday …

https://finnharps.ie/finn-harps-vs-derr ... formation/

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Good to hear.

I assume link will be posted closer to the time and I wonder how many tickets you can order at any one time?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

da-gama wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:47 pm Good to hear.

I assume link will be posted closer to the time and I wonder how many tickets you can order at any one time?
General sale from mid day on Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/27346914950123 ... 018569266/

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

On Friday past, Harps only sold 600 of their allocation and didn't even try offloading the rest to Pats fans. This will obviously have greater demand.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

brandyball wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks but this link answers none of my questions

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

da-gama wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:34 pm
brandyball wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks but this link answers none of my questions
Probably best contacting Harps Tbf.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

stevebradley wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:38 am
eugenio wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Hah ! Getting tickets for Friday's game was easy - I just went online as soon as the general release period started.

I'm sure tickets for the cup game will be a whole different story - especially for away fans :D
Check your PMs Eugenio.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Away tickets all sold.