Fats

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Fats

Post by eugenio »

Forum has been v slow of late but other Forums reporting an interest from us in a keeper then that Fats will be coming here and some coaching additions Anyone on here got any more def news or is all this rumour section news ?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Fats

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:49 pm Forum has been v slow of late but other Forums reporting an interest from us in a keeper then that Fats will be coming here and some coaching additions Anyone on here got any more def news or is all this rumour section news ?
According to a City Supporters Facebook page it's a done deal. Same source reckons Michael Duffy and Greg Sloggett are next.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Anything reported has been on Twitter accounts and hearsay. I was told a few weeks back that a pre-contract was agreed for next season but the club were interested in taking him sooner. Same person told me the club offered 7k to buy out the remainder of his deal.

I did mention on here that he was seen viewing a house in Creggan. That is true. Someone from work walked out of the viewing as he walked in, but that isn't enough evidence to say a deal is imminent or in fact it is an indicator that he is coming to us. He could move here and travel to Belfast or Larne .

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Apparently Glentoran offered £70k for him.

doll

Post by doll »

https://twitter.com/LoiThings/status/14 ... 3531644934
🚨Breaking News🚨

Patrick McEleney has knocked back the interest from Glentoran and will sign for Derry in the July transfer window.Transfer fee will be paid to Dundalk.McEleney is going home🔴⚪️💯

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Glentoran have not offered 70K for an injury prone player out of contract in a few weeks. They could get Duffy for that at the end of the season for god sake.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Ruadhri confirmed his interest on Radio Foyle.

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

I bet he wouldn't be interested if Devine was still in charge. Some of the other rumours are a good sign which I think is the Higgins impact.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

davybhoy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:12 pm I bet he wouldn't be interested if Devine was still in charge. Some of the other rumours are a good sign which I think is the Higgins impact.
Probably.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

There has been an element of "don't sign for them" regardless of manager at the club going back God knows when. Chances are, in the next few years some princess will take issue with someone at the club and tell a prospect "don't go there".

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

He's coming home,he's coming home, Fats is coming home.

https://www.facebook.com/137900283905/p ... 046413906/

Gerrymc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Gerrymc »

Brilliant news. Welcome home Fats. The club is certainly building ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

RTÉ reporting Dundalk calling Derrys fats signing news release ‘disgraceful’ !

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I have to laugh at Vinny Perth's comments. He talks about unsettling players currently under contract with his club, yet he spoke to Sloggett under similar circumstances when he was at Derry. His contract status allows us to speak to him and agree any deal for next year. Granted, he may have a point regarding the timing of the announcement but as I said last night, beat it up ye.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:41 am I have to laugh at Vinny Perth's comments. He talks about unsettling players currently under contract with his club, yet he spoke to Sloggett under similar circumstances when he was at Derry. His contract status allows us to speak to him and agree any deal for next year. Granted, he may have a point regarding the timing of the announcement but as I said last night, beat it up ye.
Haha all because he took over a sinking ship.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Vinny trying to create a siege mentality and why not if it works for him. Though I wouldn't pay any attention to this at all. I think they call it 'mind games' in the big leagues.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:30 am Vinny trying to create a siege mentality and why not if it works for him. Though I wouldn't pay any attention to this at all. I think they call it 'mind games' in the big leagues.
The only think is it may prevent us from signing him during this window.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:01 pm
marcoloco wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:30 am Vinny trying to create a siege mentality and why not if it works for him. Though I wouldn't pay any attention to this at all. I think they call it 'mind games' in the big leagues.
It could do. Or Dundalk could take the view that he's gone anyway, and seek to cash in by letting him away earlier. Who knows to be fair.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Money talks. If we pay they will release him if we don't they wont.