Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by Greengo »

The stand at Owenbeg was in the region of £500,00 so 1.5m doesn't sound too bad...

Mr A

Post by Mr A »

Temporary move to Finn Park an option being looked at: http://www.derryjournal.com/news/derry- ... -1-6994656

Didn't see that coming!

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Moving to finn park no matter how short term would be a financial disaster for us cause we would be lucky to get 500 at games there, why cant we play at stute's ground until the brandywell is ready

brendy_éire

Post by brendy_éire »

Ridiculous suggestion.
If we ever were to contemplate a temporary move, Riverside would be the better option.

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

A pop up stadium and surface in Ebrington :)

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Is there any pictures or drawings online as to what the brandywell will look like when redevelopment is completed cause i heard sean barrett on talking about 6 sets of changing rooms and corporate boxes and stuff. And whats the craic with the dog men did the council come to an agreement with them to move to a new track in the showgrounds.

refjohn

Post by refjohn »

Why are we only thinking of asking another team to ground share now? We've been talking about it for years and known for several months (it appears) that finally happening - so you would have thought someone would have sounded out both rival clubs and the FAI on options.....

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

has Celtic Park not been considered?

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

kitwe wrote:has Celtic Park not been considered?
Perfect solution i never thought about that one but would the gaa allow it, was it not just croke park that soccer was allowed to be played at during the landsdowne rebuild. I havnt heard of any other gaa ground being used for soccer since.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

With Croke Park there has been a precedent. So why not?? Celtic is rarely in use anyway and it would be perfect for the handful of games which may be seen as 'emergency'

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

keenan85

Post by keenan85 »

I'm nearly sure that all the Ulster Counties voted against changing rule 42, if it was left up to the County board (as I assume it would be) I doubt they would allow us use of Celtic Park.

Sharing with Institute is the best option unless the PSNI veto it, only then should Finn Park be considered.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

No chance of a ground share at Celtic Park. Even the decision would take an age to make its way through all the levels of bureaucracy in the GAA, before coming back with a negative.

Riverside is the most sensible option for a groundshare by a country mile (of which there are many on the road to Ballybofey). Would the IFA/Irish League be willing or able to scupper it I wonder ?

brendy_éire

Post by brendy_éire »

stevebradley wrote:Riverside is the most sensible option for a groundshare by a country mile (of which there are many on the road to Ballybofey). Would the IFA/Irish League be willing or able to scupper it I wonder ?
Would they have a say? YMCA own it.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brendy_éire wrote:
stevebradley wrote:Riverside is the most sensible option for a groundshare by a country mile (of which there are many on the road to Ballybofey). Would the IFA/Irish League be willing or able to scupper it I wonder ?
Would they have a say? YMCA own it.
Who knows in the world of football, but it would fall foul of European Law if they tried anyway.

Would be good to know if the club have asked about the Riverside.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

If the club were to go down the route of using Finn Park will they be putting on coaches to help young families or other supporters to get to games? Otherwise you run the risk of losing these supporters during this period and possibly the remainder of the season if things aren't going our way when we get back into the Brandywell.

Also Finn Park is a horrible option for supporters who will be travelling to games from Belfast and other places around the country. The thought of sitting in heavy Friday traffic to get to Derry to drive an extra 40 minutes to go to Finn Park wouldn't appeal to me.

micdaflic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by micdaflic »

Who is going to buy a season ticket if next season starts in Finn Park. A lot of real supporters are already considering if they would go back next year anyway given the crap this year. So if the diehards are opting out do you think the barstoolers will make up the numbers

Aaron C

Post by Aaron C »

Id rather we played our first 4 or 5 games away from home as opposed to ever going to Finn Park

Bear

Post by Bear »

Maginn Park should be considered as an option if required.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Bear wrote:Maginn Park should be considered as an option if required.

Whats its capacity