Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
fish-head

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by fish-head »

shauna wrote:
GERRYW wrote:Did any work start today then on the Glentoran stand does anybody know.
The roof probably has asbestos sheets on it so they will have to remove that piece by piece first before they demolish the rest of the stand
i'm sure that if there are asbestos sheets or any other hazardous materials identified, they will be dismantled and disposed of in line with current legislation and health & safety guidelines. don't worry though, i'm sure you'll find plenty of other reasons to post negative misery over the course of the works.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Were did i say in my post that if there is asbestos sheets on the roof that they wont be dismantled and disposed of in line with current legislation and health & safety guidelines ? GET YOUR FACTS right mate before you start slagging off peoples posts

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Saw the last of the roof sheets being removed at lunchtime. I wonder are they preserving the seats as some on here - Eugenio the most keen one! - expressed an interest in liberating

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

kitwe wrote:Saw the last of the roof sheets being removed at lunchtime. I wonder are they preserving the seats as some on here - Eugenio the most keen one! - expressed an interest in liberating
The benches are pictured in the journal today lying smashed up on the terrace in front of the stand so i guess they must be getting dumped

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

shauna wrote:
kitwe wrote:Saw the last of the roof sheets being removed at lunchtime. I wonder are they preserving the seats as some on here - Eugenio the most keen one! - expressed an interest in liberating
The benches are pictured in the journal today lying smashed up on the terrace in front of the stand so i guess they must be getting dumped
Just think of all the different arses that have sat on those benches :)

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Aye I expressed interest too. Was working in Longtower YC tonight and didn't get in to claim one

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

KEVK wrote:
shauna wrote:
Just think of all the different arses that have sat on those benches :)
:D :D had to break my silence on this one. as one of the "arses"( and many will agree ) :D who sat there I'd just love to have on in my home for all the great sports memories in my life are associated with Brandywell
sadness too over the death of so many I stood and sat with , my brother Chris my baby son and pride in being there with John Hume and Edward Daly and my idol Willie Curran. Brian Wright Eddie Mahon Matt Doherty Frankie. and many many many others
So if someone can rescue one PLEASE do for Eugenio. Maybe then the Auld Arse will soften at last[ :lol: :lol: :lol:

fish-head

Post by fish-head »

eugenio wrote::D :D had to break my silence on this one. as one of the "arses"( and many will agree ) :D who sat there I'd just love to have on in my home for all the great sports memories in my life are associated with Brandywell
sadness too over the death of so many I stood and sat with , my brother Chris my baby son and pride in being there with John Hume and Edward Daly and my idol Willie Curran. Brian Wright Eddie Mahon Matt Doherty Frankie. and many many many others
So if someone can rescue one PLEASE do for Eugenio. Maybe then the Auld Arse will soften at last[ :lol: :lol: :lol:
unfortunately i have no contacts in or around the club. it'll be a mortal sin if eugenio can't get one of the seats. someone must be able to sort it??
if only jimmy saville were still around

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

fish-head wrote:
eugenio wrote::D :D had to break my silence on this one. as one of the "arses"( and many will agree ) :D who sat there I'd just love to have on in my home for all the great sports memories in my life are associated with Brandywell
unfortunately i have no contacts in or around the club. it'll be a mortal sin if eugenio can't get one of the seats. someone must be able to sort it??
if only jimmy saville were still around
Thank god he's not !

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Eugene, got you a seat. Too easy - drove over, climbed 4' perimeter wall (I can still do it even at my age! i.e. Climb walls)
Only problem is it's about 11' long but I have a good saw.
It awaits you in my garage. I'll even clean the bird shxxe off for you.
There's plenty more over there. I heard the 'big lift' is Monday. Not sure if seats will go though.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

there was a photo on twitter of the old stand obviously taken during the morning of this week with the fog etc...

Does anyone have a decent photo of it with the fog they could supply me with please...

All will be revealed ;)

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

kitwe wrote:Eugene, got you a seat. Too easy - drove over, climbed 4' perimeter wall (I can still do it even at my age! i.e. Climb walls)
Only problem is it's about 11' long but I have a good saw.
It awaits you in my garage. I'll even clean the bird shxxe off for you.
There's plenty more over there. I heard the 'big lift' is Monday. Not sure if seats will go though.
Kit we you legend of a man btw it's not birds S...t I had a wee accident (you know at my age) ssssh. I shall collect on next game and provide you with a cuppa and my eternal thanks. Really really wanted this. Sentimental old fool as I am Derry City is a huge part of me thank God it's been the best of me in sporting terms. all I've done has been rooted in my love for Derry you legend
I too am a leg end. As you know what's a leg end .?... And well a leg end is of course an ass hole

petermccarron

Post by petermccarron »

The Council operate a Reuse Centre in Pennyburn that reconditions all sorts of things for sale. You'd think there would be a wee project there and maybe a few bob to be made if they converted the benches to chairs, stools, coffee tables, bookcases - to store DCFC programmes, etc.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Eugene, check your PMs

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

Nice wee story on BBC Newsline on the Glentoran Stand:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNewsline/vi ... 8/?fref=nf

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

I must admit to being a bit emotional about getting the seats from Kitwe. It means a lot. Here s why
My very first game v Glentoran and the mighty Willy Curran became my hero . Age 11 Cup final v Glentoran. 21 2nd Cup final v Glentoran neighbour Danno Feeny ex Glentoran First day back in LOI introduced my son to Derry City in that stand now he's more fanatical than even I am. Then the 3,grandchildren all introduced to City in that Glentoran Stand Rubbing shoulders with Willy Curran talking to Eddie Daly the legendary John Hume among at hers. It' was the best of my life there Illlmiss the old stand

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

Just read on facebook.Raymond McCartney saying that £1.5m has been secured from the social investment fund for redevelopment of the Brandywell? only £1.5m? Is that demolition costs? or what do they hope to build with that amount of cash? :?

davy_g
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by davy_g »

cousin kev wrote:Just read on facebook.Raymond McCartney saying that £1.5m has been secured from the social investment fund for redevelopment of the Brandywell? only £1.5m? Is that demolition costs? or what do they hope to build with that amount of cash? :?

Funny, I was thinking the exact same myself. £1.5m, whoopity fricking doo, considering that there has already been £6m spent on Casement, something badly wrong somewhere.

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/brandy ... -1-6989992

reading this....Its the final piece of funding to secure redevelopment??