Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
magspat
First Team
First Team

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by magspat »

IS there a contractor appointed to build this new stand just wondering?,

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

magspat wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:36 pm IS there a contractor appointed to build this new stand just wondering?,
No.

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

Does anyone know what is happening with the new stand ?

Another week passed and absolutely nothing has happened.

No work on site at all in almost one month.

Zero chance it will be finished this season.

No updates from the club at all.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

The stand was never going to be finished for this season.

I think it was originally listed as being ready for July, but that was before the extra sewerage work delay, which meant that the work couldn't start the week after last seasons last game.

I heard Sept mentioned locally, but I'd say that'll not happen now either, as there seems to be nothing happening at all recently.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Bad decision yo knock down part of stand when there seems to be problems with water and sewage system knowed about this for ages there was a problem now our stadium capacity cut down doesn't make sense to me nothing from club or Philip.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

magspat wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 pm Bad decision yo knock down part of stand when there seems to be problems with water and sewage system knowed about this for ages there was a problem now our stadium capacity cut down doesn't make sense to me nothing from club or Philip.
There's been plenty of empty seats at the last 2 home games, capacity isn't an issue at the minute. People are voting with their feet about what is being served up.

But its important to have the stand ready to sell for next season, try to capitalise on the excitement that's usually there at the start of every season

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

You're forgetting one thing we are 1 point off top of table regardless of what we are getting served up,

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

magspat wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:42 pm You're forgetting one thing we are 1 point off top of table regardless of what we are getting served up,
Back to 4pts off top.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 pm Is Brandywell included?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1 ... HnNf2B4Eix
This is just an announcement of the funding and the process. No bids have been requested or received yet.

It's the start of the start inotherwords

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

The problem no one has mentioned is that there’s many many more mouths to feed than initially was the case when this first was made available.

Derry & Institue alone could easily need £10m to get their respective projects over the line.

What is likely is that everyone with get a small amount with promises of ‘more to come’… etc etc

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Is any work ongoing at all at the Brandywell these last few weeks?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Keyser Soze wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:12 pm Is any work ongoing at all at the Brandywell these last few weeks?
I hear Higgins may be working on his CV...?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm
brandyball wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 pm Is Brandywell included?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1 ... HnNf2B4Eix
This is just an announcement of the funding and the process. No bids have been requested or received yet.

It's the start of the start inotherwords
BBC Radio Foyle understands Derry City can apply for funding to be announced today. All 12 Irish League Premier Clubs have been invited to Windsor Park for Today's announcement. Derry City will have a Representative present also.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 59694.html

Hopefully, we can get the application in for this quickly. I saw some talk by Coleraine of how they wanted the Showgrounds to be the major stadium for the NW. But really, I think that has to be in Derry.

IfYouTolerateThis

Post by IfYouTolerateThis »

It's going to be a far cry from what funds are required to complete the Mark Farren Stand. The minimum amount granted NEEDS to cover the cost of that project.

I expect to hear a lot of opposition to any funding going the way of the Brandywell, given the ongoing, unashamed bigotry towards the funding of Casement Park.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

The whole thing is a joke. £36m would probably help deliver 3 or 4 projects. They way he's talking its not a divsion of the money against the number of applications made. He wants high quality projects that will make a difference and where its needed...

This should be fun.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

rodgers wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:07 pm https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 59694.html

Hopefully, we can get the application in for this quickly. I saw some talk by Coleraine of how they wanted the Showgrounds to be the major stadium for the NW. But really, I think that has to be in Derry.
Coleraine plan to call their rebuilt/developed groud 'The North West Stadium' :o

Which is pretty rich, considering that Coleraine is more on the North Coast than in the north-west.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

stevebradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:47 pm
rodgers wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:07 pm https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 59694.html

Coleraine plan to call their rebuilt/developed groud 'The North West Stadium' :o

Which is pretty rich, considering that Coleraine is more on the North Coast than in the north-west.
They can call it what they want. :lol:

As long as they don't call it The Brandywell i'm totally good with it.

And the more good stadiums around the country the better.

Once we are all playing in the same league you dont want one group of teams to be far ahead of the others.