Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
The Leb

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by The Leb »

daniel wrote:
Greengo wrote:
daniel wrote:Apparently the players weren't told anything about the pitch...
Why should they ?
Pointing it out to the poster above saying they had...
It was myself that was told by a player. I thought it was strange. He was adamant that it was going to be grass.

Looking at the Brandywell I've no doubt that it's going to be an artificial pitch.

micdaflic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by micdaflic »

So who grassed?

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

micdaflic wrote:So who grassed?
Raymond gilmore

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

As long as you can smoke it !

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

MariborKev wrote:Daisyfield is a completely different project, with different funding.

However at least one political party tried to claim that they had secured funding for the redevelopment of the Brandywell, when it was the Daisyfield scheme.
Cheers for clearing that up. When the plans were on display for both projects at Longtower I made the assumption they were tied.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

Hope the daisyfield has like the brandywell a fence of some sort to keep out dogs, quads and scramblers as the four legged animals leave too many deposits. Last time I was going past, one of the pitches had about 20 patches, in one half, that seemed to have accelerated growth from probably free running mans best friends.

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

paul60 wrote:Hope the daisyfield has like the brandywell a fence of some sort to keep out dogs, quads and scramblers as the four legged animals leave too many deposits. Last time I was going past, one of the pitches had about 20 patches, in one half, that seemed to have accelerated growth from probably free running mans best friends.
Your talking Sh1t man !

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

danny hale wrote:
paul60 wrote:Hope the daisyfield has like the brandywell a fence of some sort to keep out dogs, quads and scramblers as the four legged animals leave too many deposits. Last time I was going past, one of the pitches had about 20 patches, in one half, that seemed to have accelerated growth from probably free running mans best friends.
Your talking Sh1t man !
You got it in 1!

Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chalkie »

Apparently the foundations have been laid for the new Glentoran Stand this week.

The Leb

Post by The Leb »

Chalkie wrote:Apparently the foundations have b
een laid for the new Glentoran Stand this week.
The foundation's were laided about 4 weeks ago Chalkie :)

PS it's the Mark Farren stand.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

I see today all of old surrounding wall gone and founds started for new wall which looks as if it will be set back a little from current footpath on main entrance side near the present stand.
Southend wall completed ages ago.
Stand also seems to have new wiring possibly for new lights and P.A. (they did say they'd upgrade the Southend stand).
New pitch of course appears to be closer to old stand as we expected (we can't call it the 'new stand' any more). Great to see all the activity.

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

kitwe wrote:I see today all of old surrounding wall gone and founds started for new wall which looks as if it will be set back a little from current footpath on main entrance side near the present stand.
Stand also seems to have new wiring possibly for new lights and P.A. (they did say they'd upgrade the Southend stand).
New pitch of course appears to be closer to old stand as we expected (we can't call it the 'new stand' any more). Great to see all the activity.
So the Old stand is now the New stand and the New stand is now the Old stand?

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

danny hale wrote:
kitwe wrote:I see today all of old surrounding wall gone and founds started for new wall which looks as if it will be set back a little from current footpath on main entrance side near the present stand.
Exactly

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

danny hale wrote:
Which one's the Peace Stand though ?

pmac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pmac »

stevebradley wrote:
danny hale wrote:
Which one's the Peace Stand though ?
The piece your standing on.

cmartin583

Post by cmartin583 »

The steel work has started on the new stand!! Looks quite large :D

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

cmartin583 wrote:The steel work has started on the new stand!! Looks quite large :D
900 seater...

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

Greengo wrote:
cmartin583 wrote:The steel work has started on the new stand!! Looks quite large :D
900 seater...
To put into perspective, the middle section of the Southend Park stand that has the 'Brandywell' letters in it seats 1,000 and is 8 rows deep.

My guess is that this new stand won't be as long, but will be deeper with more rows of seats.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

What will our capacity be next season im assuming there will be standing room on both sides of this new stand.

The Leb

Post by The Leb »

First part of the stand.

Won't upload my photo?