Dundalk v Derry City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Re: Dundalk v Derry City Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:19 am
I also feel that our local media are too buddy-buddy with the management team. They never ask the hard hitting and tough questions. We have been truly awful to watch for the guts of 2 years now, yet he seems to be getting a by-ball. Perhaps the football community is too close knit in our city and reporters don't wanna be falling out with guys who they are quite friendly with.
Keyser how do you know what is and isn't asked pre and post match? This is a serious assumption made by Derry supporters and I am telling you they haven't a clue what is asked or isn't. Just because you do not see it, hear it or read, doesn't mean that your so called 'hard questions' aren't asked.

I am not part of pre and post match interviews for Drive 105. Pre-match, it is at a day and time I am unavailable. Post Match, I am still on air when it is going on. Currently I have no clue what is said or not said in that scrum other than what I hear online after. So how do you know what is edited out from final pieces when I don't, and I speak to Dermot and Packie, who don't tell me?

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

I would listen to Radio Foyle and Drive 105 often when I'm leaving the games, and personally I don't think criticism towards the management and the team is harsh enough.

But that's only my opinion.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

You made a comment about "hard questions" are not being asked after the games, how do you know this?

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

drive 105 after game last night interview. Let’s just comment n on that That’s all we have

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

What's the point of asking " hard questions" if we don't get to hear the questions never mind the answers?

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Here’s just a few posers that have driven a lot of us and I’m speaking for many. Maaad WHY EG last night was Shane,, beside the bench , demanding demanding the ball going v often to Keeper who’s distribution lately is dangerously suspect. I heard 3 times a team mate shout “bring it forward commit. someone “ no no. WHY mc Mullan willingly ran off the ball only to look back in frustration at it NEVER coming Why was Hoban charging back to L back position to put in a tackle as Patching was sun bathing on the left beside the bench
Just as fans we talked but we will never know. How did Dundalk threaten in the box and at the same time win every corner We just do not figure as a force at corners Any reason Finally why can no body ,shoot, except the “dropped” Boyce Dundalk could …………….. love to know but expect I or should I say. WE. never will PROBABLY. But before the knives are out I’m still a fan

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:25 pm Here’s just a few posers that have driven a lot of us and I’m speaking for many. Maaad WHY EG last night was Shane,, beside the bench , demanding demanding the ball going v often to Keeper who’s distribution lately is dangerously suspect. I heard 3 times a team mate shout “bring it forward commit. someone “ no no. WHY mc Mullan willingly ran off the ball only to look back in frustration at it NEVER coming Why was Hoban charging back to L back position to put in a tackle as Patching was sun bathing on the left beside the bench
Just as fans we talked but we will never know. How did Dundalk threaten in the box and at the same time win every corner We just do not figure as a force at corners Any reason Finally why can no body ,shoot, except the “dropped” Boyce Dundalk could …………….. love to know but expect I or should I say. WE. never will PROBABLY. But before the knives are out I’m still a fan
In answer to your questions Higgins hasn't a clue.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Who was the guy in the stand who sent a message to Maher via one of the subs what was this all about?

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Mags. I can only surmise he was the new goal keeping analyst boyso appointed some months ago I can only recount what I saw and heard
At 51 mins nothing happening he calls down to alert Fats on the bench Fats goes To fence The shouted message was” tell Maher he takes pens and shootsto the right” if it wasn’t so unbelievably crazy in the middle of a game it sort of summed up the night

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

Thought this a bit strange too eugieno.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

The blind leading the blind.